My OC Lucifer and a new breed: Halloween/Satan Fluffies (By Simon The Weirdo)

I think I need to ask a mod if this is allowed now… I’m kinda scared lmao

1 Like

It’s allowed.

No one is trying to force content to adhere into a certain mold.

But it is unfortunately timed in light of the paradigm shift.

I reiterate that I am in favor of doing whatever regardless of the reaction of others, but I aim to inform your decisions going forward.

Godspeed. Your art is very aesthetic!

2 Likes

As far as I understand, if your content is at odds with the guidelines, they’ll have a word with you. That said, this is just an aesthetic tweak, like plenty of other variants.

1 Like

Alright, I’m glad it’s allowed, then. Thanks for telling me about this so that I can be more aware of it in the future.

That’s a relief

It’s the difference between pissing people off by accident, and pissing them off on purpose.

Fuck em.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand. Some people can be pretty shitty

That is honestly something we’ve tried our best to avoid, but when every other newcomer has no interest in making fluffy stories, and they just want to make stories about their awesome cool thing and just kinda scotch-tape the word “fluffy” to it, that’s where it becomes a problem.
While we are trying not to gatekeep, a minimum level of such gatekeeping is going to be necessary.

Fluffies are perfectly imperfect creatures.
Without inherent flaws in all the different species, it simply doesn’t feel like a fluffy.
And even with them, if you stray too far from the original concept, many people are not going to accept them.

I personally like telling stories about failed attempts at making different fluffy species’, or failed attempts at improving the standing variety of species’.

While I enjoy your art style quite a bit, I am left wondering why your species should be lumped among fluffies.
But I’m willing to hear you out.

I understand your concern, so I’ll explain to the best of my hability what I want to do with this breed and why I think you should give it a chance.

First of all, I’m not trying to only use that subspecies instead of normal fluffies. I’ll do my best to give normal fluffies as much (if not more) attention as this breed. In fact, my first post was me just drawing a bunch of regular fluffies (and this is my second one).

Second, I think these are close enough to the head canons as to not be too out of place. They have fluffy speech, act childishly, have hooves, are quite fluffy and are created by a company to make money. They’re just a marketing strategy for the Spooky season.

And third, there could be a lot of Halloween themed ideas centered around them, both hugbox and abuse or any other ideas since they are Halloween themed. I forgot to mention that they have an affinity for spooky things, so they love Halloween decorations and Halloween candy (even though they can’t eat most of it and it can be toxic for them if they consume too much of it) and watching horror movies can influence them to repeat the actions in them or make them paranoid since they believe everything they watch is real.

So, for example, they could be used as scapegoats for extremely religious people (and I mean cartoonishly religious in a satirical sort of way, not trying to push any beliefs or to get political) or used in cults for rituals because of their demonic appearance.

They could also be seen as muhstahs by other fluffies and be abused by them, or bond with them. Maybe make a horrifying hybrid between a normal fluffy and a Satan one that has lots of health issues?

There are a lot of fun ideas to explore and anyone can make their own. I hope you see as much potential to the things you could do with Satan fluffies as I do.

Kitsune fluffies were mentioned, I have been invoked.

Satan fluffies are just slightly different looking fluffies, sea fluffies and bread fluffies are more unusual then they are.
I personally see little difference with a satan fluffy and a christmas fluffy or a fluffy on a pole or a cake topper fluffy.
A seasonal toy to be bought and discarded.

Might want to change their name to Halloween fluffy to get that point across.

1 Like

And cloven hooves at that. This is something that previous administrations had a major problem with. (which is why we try not to gatekeep to that extent. We thought it was excessive)

I could see following that line of thought and making it pretty interesting.

That’s definitely workable.

We actually do the same with fluffies, too.

That much I would definitely expect.

Okay, so now that we have some baseline flaws and traits, I’m willing to let you proceed without me harassing you so much.

I’ve got a basic rule that has been percolating in my mind.
It’s not perfect yet, but it goes something like this;
The further away from the original earthie fluffy a creator gets, the less they should be accepted by fluffies in general.

1 Like

Yeah that might be a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Thank you so much for giving them a chance! I promise I won’t go overboard with them.

Oh yeah it makes sense. I’ll have that in mind.

1 Like

Cool. Welcome to the community. I for one am watching your art with great interest. I love your style.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it

At first I thought that the fluffy’s name WAS Simon the weirdo and they were crying about it like: “Fwuffy nu am weiwdo! Why udda fwuffies suu mean?!”

2 Likes

That could actually be an interesting idea. Though I was thinking of calling him Lucifer, specially because it could be deformed with fluffy speech. SimonTheWeirdo is just my username, but it’s still a fun idea.

1 Like

I’m sure other fluffies will be mean to him regardless.

2 Likes

Yeah, poor boy has a lot of shitty experiences with other fluffies stored for him in the future

1 Like