My two cents on fluffy theology

When it comes to religion fluffies are considered pastafarians who believe in the “fwyin’ sketties munstah”, this could be either programmed by hasbio or developed over time,however the origin of said belief is unknown.

Fluffies also believe that if they will be good fluffies they will go to sketti-land where “fwuffy can hab aww da sketties fwuffy couwd num”

The belief in sketti land comes from the hope that one day fluffies can have all the food and toys they need,the idea is ingrained in aboundance which is opposite from the scarcity fluffies usually encounter both when adopted and as ferals.

Owners can use sketti-land both for hugbox and abuse purposes and promises of the promise land (bad pun i know) can change the way fluffies behave and motivate them to certain actions and goals.

Because fluffies cannot comprehend death (the forever sleepies phenomenon) and their low intelligence fluffies have no idea if,when they will get to sketti land,and their belief is in the realm of fantasy.

8 Likes

I haven’t finished the comic yet but in my headcannon humans are there gods and the afterlife could be basically anything a human tells them. Though ferals generally believe in a place called “Forever” a land of endless salt where your doomed to walk the wastes until you inevitably die and return to the beginning.
For a feral being adopted might as well be heaven.

5 Likes

I feel like a company wouldnt want to have their talking pet toy have a religion at all, would alienate a large potential customer base. But i feel like if fluffies were told about pastafarianism theyd absolutely go for it

2 Likes

Abandon hope, embrace the jerky

3 Likes

My fluffies are somewhat the same. Humans are practically gods, but because it was so soon after the release, the skettiland concept didn’t get taught yet. Some ferals believe in oblivion, but you just never starve or hurt again. It makes it harder for them to get into the wan die loop where as fluffies taught about heaven more easily succumb to it. So it’s a catch 22. The ferals I have, most never even hear about skettis till they run into a runaway pet. Then for some reason it’s all they ever think or talk about. And you can fool them easily telling them anything is skettis, even grass and they’ll believe you. So in the mind of some feral, skettis land is forever green grassy land never cold or touched by snow. Similar to the Elysium fields.

More cynical fluffs just believe in nothing after death and get what you can now. They’re the ones who become horrible. Eventually bad smarties like Maroon.

The concept of toys is different too. Most feral at this time never knew skettis but also know nothing of toys. You take them indoors and show them both and their minds may blow! They’ll never want to leave and do anything to keep it. So training a feral was much easier in the early days. This was also before inbreeding took roots and created dumb and smarty fluffies. Inbreeding in real life makes generation more prone to violence or to learning disabilities which is why I summized it does the same to fluffies. And why modern ones are dumb enough to drown or get lost in a box. Because let’s say about 50 escaped long Island, all the ones that exist now of the millions had to have bred with close relatives because you split into smaller groups, a lot die, those who lived had kids, who did those kids breed with?! Etc. So some fluffies are even too dumb to understand skettiland and or death altogether. They don’t even get sad when you forever sleepy and play with the corpse long after its bones. They just assume you stopped talking to them because you’re sad or angry. They’ll play and hug you till their stupidity makes them forget about you. Then it’s like you never met.

So that my weigh in…

2 Likes