Naptime At The 3-In-1 (DarrolLayman)

Just wanted to try something different while I was working on Page 3 of Bad Mummah. Something a little tame, a little cutesy, a little hugbox-ish. Still can’t steel myself to try anything abusive just yet, so…eh… This is something new involving more than one fluffy in the same frame, so I’d really appreciate any feedback you may have. Let me know what you think and please don’t be that guy.

As the title implies, this picture takes place at the 3-In-1 around 12:00pm when fluffies in the Daycare Section usually get settled down for their afternoon naps. It’s here where the staff noticed each fluffy’s quirky sleeping habits. For example, Chief Warrant Officer Jack Crawford’s Alicorn called Finch (Named after Atticus Finch) likes to sleep on his back. Bernard likes to sploot before falling asleep. When he does, he snores. Bad. Sounds like a semi-truck hitting the engine brake cruising down the highway. On top of that, he drools. Bad. Copper, the Alicorn that the 3-In-1 owner Darrell Laymen rescued one winter, likes to lay on top of a fluffy when he sleeps. Nobody quite knows why. Could be a comfort mechanism, a defense strategy, who knows. Hank sleeps like a rock, unable to be disturbed in any way. He sleeps so soundly that he doesn’t notice his tongue slips out and he starts drooling. Foals usually like to cuddle up to or into Hank, using his long shaggy coat as a security blanket of sorts.

18 Likes

Super cute! I love how you draw fluffies!

Very cute!!

Oh I just noticed the tiny white baby!

@WildeFaun Yeah, I originally wanted Finch to have his leg hiked up in the air like that, but I figured it’d be funnier on a foal.

1 Like