New Breed :3 (By Remarkable_Sue)

I have a sort of idea of a new breed since Fluffy Racing has been a thing. I’m certain someone will have come up with ways to modify a fluffy’s anatomy to make this fluffy i am about to describe.

This breed would stand taller than the average fluff, usually by 20% more. They would also be heavily patterned so they can stand out, but they would still be available in many vibrant colors.
The breed would have much shorter coats, around 0.5 - 1 inches. Their manes and tails remain the same, but most commonly are trimmed, braided, or just tied to stay out of their face.
This breeds body is deep-chested with a visible tuck up, similar to a greyhound. With the similar body to this dog breed, the breed can run up to 15 - 20 MPH. Any faster, they would risk breaking a bone (in their Hoof or their knee) or tearing a ligament (In either their hoof or knee). Their hooves (In personal headcanon, they have actual hooves) are much larger then average.
The breed will not be talkative like regular fluffies. Their intelligence is on-par with a 2 year old human child. It’s harder to understand their speech, even when they speak with one another. They will be silent the majority of the time.

//This is just something i would visualize a fluffy dedicated to racing would look like. It’s random, but I really needed it to get out of my head so i can concentrate on projects such as The Park. Anyways, I’m going back to writing. Have a good day/ afternoon/ night.

5 Likes

So, it’s too busy thinking about speed, and how it can go faster, to develop the ability to adequately talk?

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know. the main attraction of fluffy races is that fluffies are absolutely not adapted to running. it’s just not the same without them huffing and crying about their (actual) heart hurties and the potential forever sleepies if they don’t win. plus what’s the point of breading such a fluffy if we already have dogs and horses for professional races? I think this breed can exist but only as a combination of random mutations which helped it to win the lottery of natural selection.

3 Likes

I think it has to do with ethics and laws, as they’re animals. fluffies are biotoys, and have no rights.

3 Likes

It would be interesting, considering dog racing is being banned in places, to have fluffy racing appear as it’s substitute.

Perfect chance for abuse when a fluffy loses a race or gets hurt.

2 Likes

If fluffy racing becomes a thing you bet your ass they’re going to selectively breed the shit out of them to gain an edge in the race

1 Like