New tag suggestion

If you step on them one squelches and one crunches

1 Like

Monkeys on a typewriter
This is all random so one of them has to fuck up someday
And when they do
I will get them

2 Likes

Yup! It’s like the difference between steamed gyōza and fried ones, just not as delicious.

Some people want their cake and to eat it too and all that. Personally I find it weird to create a specific scenario where you feel like it’s then okay to murder/torture characters. It’s the same as regular abuse but with unneeded steps.

3 Likes

We should have a bismuth tag for when they’re supermegaultra edgy

1 Like

Monkeys have fingers. Fluffies do not. Unless some of the users are advanced micro colonies with developed hive minds. That I could buy.

2 Likes

Oh, boy, dude. Just wait until my original stuff gets published. If my characters were real, they’d sue.

1 Like

It’s a little bit disturbing that some people have to apply their real world morals to this kind of stuff in order to find loopholes that allow them to kill and torture fictional animals. It kinda implies that those loopholes could exist in their real-life settings, too.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Listen, bitch, your letter has been read fully, and your thoughts have been inputed and accepted for better improvement. Thank you for your time and efforts.

I wouldn’t say disturbing as long as it’s kept in the realm of fiction. It’s no different than in most movies where an obvious bad guy does heinous shit and we instantly want that character to pay. The only difference is that they project that onto a fluffy, but fluffies are already metaphysical stressballs without the extra steps.

3 Likes

This is literally how I write. Mind, internal torment lasts longer.

1 Like

It’s abuse for moral cowards

1 Like

They do just look at the criminal justice system

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I mean, having a reason to hate a bad guy is always a good idea story wise. But I’ve always felt that the most dangerous type of people is the kind who can’t separate reality from fantasy on an emotional level. Those are the people who tend to end up as really fanatical suicide bombers, celeb stalkers, gang wannabes, sex predators, extremists, and so on. They’re totally disconnected from reality on an emotional level because they’re stuck in this weird larp… I dunno, I don’t see many people around here who are like that, but I have come across one or two.

@Dickbutt99 Lol, my state’s criminal justice system is a joke. Crime is so bad people aren’t reporting it anymore, because they know there aren’t enough cops and the criminals will just be back out the next day; and the state attorney is busy going after ridiculous political footballs to bump her reelection campaign…

3 Likes

Feed the fat one to the starving one and rupture his stomach.

3 Likes

See also religious people who basically admit they need religion to have a reason to not be a monster.

They’re few and far between and represent only a small fraction of a fraction of a group but I do agree that the existence of even such a small amount is troubling.

3 Likes

I do think that having God in my life has made me less of a bad person. A lot of people I know who found salvation say the same thing. And I do think everyone needs to believe in something—whether it’s God, traditional religion, new age shit, or secular gnostic stuff. Even atheists believe in things larger than themselves, and some sort of associated mores. Without going into too much detail, I’ve been an awful person in the past, and God is the reason I’m not still the same awful person. If you’d like to talk more about that, you’re welcome to DM me.

1 Like

All this stuff said, we should also stop whining about poopie justice being poopie justice. Every time anyone draws a brown foal being neglected or loved now there’s several comments that say “ugh fuck that foal” and “you better not give it justice”.

It’s like a form of box-shaming, but more specific - and sometimes it’s just actual box-shaming when a hugbox comic has it and people scream for bloody murder. It’s just shaming, so stop it!

7 Likes

:arrow_up: Yeah this is pretty much the way I see it. Overdone? Sure. Predictable? Can be. Something worth sandbagging people over? Pfft, naaah. Get off your small fluffy low horse. Fluffy stuff is a small, insular and very fuckin weird community so yeah you’re going to see some repetition in content because a lot of people use established tropes as a jumping off point while they figure out what they like.

I see poopie justice stuff as a good way to practise both abuse and hugbox writing without leaning too hard into either genre in a framework that allows you to dip into either side easily whereas more intricate neutralbox stuff tends to be a bit trickier to write.

I’m also of the “kill 'em all” mindset but I’m not gonna blow my lid when some of them get spared for being less shitty (or more, tee hee) than others. If the story loses its edge and becomes Hooray Hooray It’s The Fluffy Joy Parade for the rest of its runtime, well, I’m out.

When it comes to writing a personal pet peeve of mine is fluffies using too many stock phrases such as “onwy wittle babbeh” and so on because that makes things incredibly predictable when you know how a fluffy is going to respond the moment an action takes place, but it’s also a fundamental cornerstone of the fiction that hits more when it gets subverted later on by a fluffy learning to respond differently or suffering an injury preventing it from responding in a normal way. That’s how I reconcile my feelings on the subject of repetitive subject matter: A jumping off point should be relatively predictable if it means it can be subverted or layered in more exciting ways later. If not? Plenty of other writers who can and will.

5 Likes