No such thing as a bad baby (By L.A Vaught)

I’m roughly with you on that, yeah, unless they were forced to develop more. If a fluffy had that sort of issue running from a predator, it’d never learn to get away. Domestics in a usual setting would be oblivious little balls of joy but even then they could still understand that negative emotions are a thing. They might need to ask their humans for help working them out but it’s still there.

2 Likes

I always think that fluffies are mentally just like children and plateau at that stage early. They need us to be their parents all the time, taking care of them, teaching them morals and how to act, and then problem solving for them telling them exactly how to do it.

Ferals I think don’t exactly have that. They just don’t have the ability to problem solve and are left to raise their children with only the faintest idea of what to do.

As it’s programmed into them, they have a basic idea. Like they know nummies for milkies and they know when they’re pregnant but they don’t have the nous or the know how to do it like we would.

I always think that fluffies trained by humans are better than fluffies trained by other fluffies. We have more understanding and observational ability than a fluffy could muster

1 Like

I mean in that case I can’t really hate them if they’re just like kids. Like some kids can be empathetic and accepting others aren’t if raised well.

1 Like

That’s why I like the idea of them mentally being children and not being able to truly understand negative emotions.

It’s like when they say forever sleepies. It’s like a sugar coated version that helps them deal with the emotion linked to death. They don’t really understand it, they just know that’s it.

They can feel jealousy but then taught how to deal with it by sharing or the value in patience and obedience

Humans raising fluffies for me is definitely a better idea than them being raised and trained by other fluffies.

1 Like

I’m the same way. They’re always going to be like children and it would be kind of like how you’d expect a small child to act in the face of all of that responsibility.

2 Likes

It’s really cool that you were able to write a story that spawned a dialogue between users, rather than someone just complaining that there was no abuse

1 Like