No, you don’t understand fluffies, so stop trying to act like you do.

I don’t like it any more than you do, but there are better places for those conversations the be held than Anywhere on this website.

2 Likes

may be we need the fluffy community view on those topics

1 Like

Yeah, no

2 Likes

That’d be a hard one, in one side we have a lot of DNAs wich could lead to immunity to most diseases, in the other hand that same variety could make a completely useless defense system that interferes with itself

2 Likes

Sorry, was trying to be funny. Then I thought I had just forgotten to post it, then I posted it again. It was like “oh it’s gone, I must have done something wrong”. But whatever, back on topic.

1 Like

Any suggestions on how to make fluffies the center of discussion about irl topics?

2 Likes

i always figured viruses would not be a problem or most parasitic diseases for that matter but they would still be susceptive to bacterial diseases

2 Likes

how would a fluffy react to insert real world topic

1 Like

I feel like disease is just another reason why the species would die out, they lick poop, and eat poop not to mention they have no sanitation. If you take some stories into account they eat anything that looks like spaghetti.

Not to mention most regular diseases would destroy them.

1 Like

Viruses might be the main problem since the combination of DNAs could give them more chances of hijacking cells, they might not attach to X animal like cell, but could attach to Y like animal other cell, only reducing what can they attack

2 Likes

Funny brain eating sketti

2 Likes

the thing is fluffys are not like any other animal most diseases are very specific to what they can infect

1 Like

or the receptors of a viruses will not be able to find a perch on fluffy cells because of how alien they would be

1 Like

Diseases are tenacious things, they’ll find a way.

1 Like

given time yes but it could still be a very long time befor they find a way

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like

That would have to be a way to perfect blend, or an entirely new set of compounds, if we have so many species in one the disease will recognize something to infect

2 Likes

or so imperfect that the portion coating on the cells would be unrecognizable to the viruses or specifically made to be viral resistant

1 Like

Yes that can happen too, maybe the most dangerous diseases are the ones that messes with the cells with no need of hijacking, like meat eating bacteria

2 Likes

280 posts. What the hell.

Okay, I’m going to respond to OP first, before I read the rest of this thread.

@Sans_undertale

1. This is correct. We are a varied community, and the abuse/grimdark/edgy content doesn’t represent all of us

2. The lore DEPENDS ON HEADCANON. There’s a reason why I stress this. Fluffies started out as a joke among the MLP community on 4chan. The Hasbio stuff, the PETA stuff, all of that came about AFTER anons started putting more time and greentexts in the lore. But the lore is NOT consistent. Over time, different artists and different writers had their take on canons, some following a major hivecanon, some doing their own thing. You need to keep this into account.

3. As L.AVaught said

Not all the artists and writers had fluffies as completely unlikeable. I know Waggytail sure as hell didn’t. Carpdime has explored fluffies both likeable and unlikeable. And I know Marcusmaximus saw them as endaring, like Waggytail. Hell, Art-anon, aka the person who first drew fluffies based off the udnerstanding of them as a genetically engineered pet, did so because the concept was cute.

1. As said in 2 and 3. Depends on headcanon. And you’re too depending on looking at fluffies only as hellgremlins.

If anything, I’d say looking at fluffies as “only” unlikeable, and relying on that approach is precisely the reason why a lot of people look at our content as weird. What kind of fandom obsesses so much over a creature that people are supposed to hate and torture violently?

I recommend reading Foxhoarder’s topic on hellgremlins, and how their approach is what helped put this community in its current place: What's a Hellgremlin? by:Foxhoarder

I consider drama and an over-emphasis on abuse to be the larger causes, but obsessing about hellgremlin lore is definitely a contributing factor.

6 Likes