Novafluffy life cycle by Z05

The classic illustration of Nova life cycles was missing, as you can see, they are quite long-lived due to their low birth rate, so they will have more love for much longer.

43 Likes

what a fluffy could have been in PETA hadn’t fucked everything up.

20 Likes

I’ve gotta be honest: every time I see something related to novafluffies, I think of something completely different.

3 Likes

would invest 10/10

5 Likes

what are you investing ten out of ten of?

2 Likes

cans of chef boyardee ravioli, but the can has the spaghetti packaging paper

2 Likes

I do love these, and your drawings are adorable. But they seem too good to be true. This has to be an advertisement and the dark corporate secrets have yet to be revealed.

1 Like

I know, nothing is perfect, and many things will be revealed little by little :wink:

1 Like

This is a nice take. Very good and wholesome.
These fluffies can make proper lifelong companions.

1 Like

Kinda seems like you fixed fluffies by removing their flaws.

You ended up with an extra long lived dog with the reasoning power and speech of a 12-year old.

Yawn.

1 Like

Is that a bad thing?

I’m looking at both sides of this.

On one hand, characters without any flaws are, narratively speaking, boring as fuck. There’s a reason that Mary-Sues are derided. So you might want to consider giving these novafluffies (damnit, still can’t get the image of a Nova Corps fluffy outta my head) some kind of drawback. Call it competitive balance.

On the other hand, it’s not unreasonable to think that someone in-universe would look at all the flaws fluffies have and go “Hey, we should do something about that!” And I’ve had fluffies grow well beyond their initial parameters, so I can’t really tell you to not do that.

1 Like

Hey, if you’ve read my other posts, even the Novas have flaws, and many more to come. I’ve just been busy to draw them all.

1 Like

I’ll have to go double check.

But again, in-universe, it makes sense. Look at computers, for example. The first computers were big bulky sumbitches that took up an entire room and needed a whole team of people to operate. Tons of flaws. Fast forward to today, now you can walk around with a computer in your pocket, that can do so much more than its primitive ancestors.

Imagine if we decided not to do anything about those flaws! I’d have to figure out how to type this post with…

…one of those!

So yeah, it’s perfectly logical that there’d be people in-universe trying to improve fluffies, just like there’s been people working to improve everything we’ve invented in real life. Why wouldn’t there be people doing that?

1 Like

Well, when I discovered the fandom and learned about what fluffies are, the first thing I thought was: what if they weren’t imperfect? So I started this project. I decided to give them some flaws, but I’m trying to bring something positive in the form of a fluffy.

1 Like

Trust me, I get it. That’s been a big part of my own headcanon since very early on. I treat it as a goal that many of my characters are working towards: to help fluffies realize their true potential, and, perhaps, for fluffies to be on equal footing with humanoids one day. It’s not really something that can be accomplished overnight.

The struggle is an important part of any story. You can’t have your characters succeed too easily.

1 Like

The story of how they were created is quite condensed, but it was two years of research. I can’t provide the details yet, but dark things happened for the Novafluffies to become a success. Just be patient.

1 Like

Oh, sure, take your time. You can’t rush art.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Time to start the Nova community and see how that does.

1 Like