NOW CLOSED: "Too cowd fow babbeh..." foal giveaway

And done! Thank you everyone! I look forward to seeing what you do with your new foals!

The smarty friend of a feral herd living in a forest near a small town, has an emergency. While the herd tries its best to not have babies during the cold times, keeping those urges in check is difficult in the best of times. A moment of passion, a dream that was more than just a dream, star struck lovers, these things happen.

Fall was milder than normal, but winter has arrived with a vengeance. Worse still? A freak rain flooded three of their hidey-holes for food. As such, there’s not enough food for everyone, the expecting mothers and the babies to last the whole winter.

As a desperate measure, the smarty friend is going to take the foals to humans even though they’re only chirpy babies. Because there’s very little time, each chirpy will be delivered to a door with a single fluffy making the request.

How this works: You can request a foal. Through the wonders of fate, you can pick the parents. You cannot pick the foal and will not even know what it will be until it arrives. If you decide to not take the foal, the fluffy will leave. The foal, being so young, can only survive one trip. If rejected it will die from exposure to the cold (still more merciful than dying of starvation).

The traits the foal has will be determined at random. This feral herd has favored “natural” colors for several years/generations. As such, their colors skew that direction. This herd has never had alicorns, and never will.

If you accept the foal (and you don’t have to), feel free to use it for stories, art, etc. This is just part of their backstory. All boxes welcome.

There is a limit of requests that can be filled. Additionally, ONE REQUEST is reserved for @ThatWelc. When making the request, note who the parents are.

• Pinecone and Ivy ALL BABIES CLAIMED (Earthy Stallion, brown fluff/dark brown mane & Pegasus Mare, green fluff/dark yellow mane). Pinecone is a nummy finder as is Ivy. They will have 4 living foals. Got pregnant when trying to sleep on the outside of the fluffpile, kept together to stay warm, one thing lead to another…
  • Thorn and Pebble ALL BABIES CLAIMED (Unicorn Stallion, dark brown fluff/green mane & Earthy Mare, gray fluffy, darker gray mane, black speckles). Thorn helps teach the colts and fillies how to be good fluffies for the herd while Pebble is a toughie. They will have 6 living foals (she’s big). Thorn saw Pebble under the moonlight and was lovestruck. Pebble was a bit aggressive in rough housing/playing with Thorn and…
  • Cabbage and Carrot: ALL BABIES CLAIMED (Earthie Stallion, green fluff/lighter green mane & Pegasus Mare, dark auburn fluff/green mane). Cabbage is a toughie who often works with nummie finders to carry food back. Carrot is scout. They will have 2 living foals (Carrot is a bit small). The two had been close for quite some time, but as the tempurature dropped Carrot would come back colder and colder. Cabbage tries his best to keep her warm, sometimes even laying on top of her. Snuggling in that position isn’t the smartest thing…
Odds will be...

Sex: 1-4 colt, 5-8 filly
Type: 1-3 father’s type, 4-6 mother’s type, 7-8 neither (example: an earthie and pegasus having a unicorn)
Fluff: 1-3 father’s color, 4-6 mother’s color, 7 roll again, 8 “pretty colors” (1 red, 2 orange, 3 yellow, 4 green, 5 blue, 6 indigo, 7 violet, 8 white)
Mane, tail, wings: 1-3 father’s color, 4-6 mother’s color, 7 roll again, 8 “pretty colors” (1 red, 2 orange, 3 yellow, 4 green, 5 blue, 6 indigo, 7 violet, 8 white)

10 Likes

omg, Pebble is the mare, right??? YES I want the toughie mommy, PLS!

1 Like

Can I get one of Thorn’s and Pebble’s foals?

1 Like

For @ThatWelc Thorn & Pebble babby 1/6:
Earthy colt with gray fluff, pretty orange mane/tail

For @StoneRouge Thorn & Pebble baby 2/6:
Pegasus filly with darn brown fluff, green mane/tail

1 Like

Interesting.

I’ll take of Thorn and Pebble’s, if its not too much trouble.

1 Like

For @TomorrowsEugenics Thorn & Pebble baby 3/6:
Unicorn colt with gray fluff, dark gray mane/tail

Cabbage and Carrot seem like a nice couple, if I’m allowed too I wouldn’t mind taking a foal

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you.

From here we can simply just take them and run, figuratively speaking, provided we give you credit and mention their heritage?

Because this might have just gotten quite interesting.

Question as well; Could we take liberties with their backgrounds as well? Say, I don’t know, the Smarty going and dropping my little gray gift on the doorstep of somebody whose job it is to exterminate the local populace of ferals/Fluffies in general? Said owner of the house keeping the foal but eventually calling in the fact there is a feral going around soliciting it’s children to others and a team going out to…well, do what they do best?

1 Like

I’d really like one of Cabbage and Carrot’s babies, please.

1 Like

@anon90849157 Cabbage & Carrot baby 1/2:
Unicorn filly, green fluff with lighter green mane

1 Like

Oh nice a monochrome (kinda) I shall call her Leek, and she shall be loved very much

1 Like

This is generic country area (although based off the herd in July Babies). So, now that you’ve got them? Well, no telling. “Your doorstep” is a bit loose here. Could be “you,” could be a character of yours, etc.

Bit fast and loose, honestly. I just love what @Moesius did and wanted to inspire more folks to have fun creating stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For @RainbowRottie Cabbage & Carrot baby 2/2:
Pegasus filly, green fluffy with pretty blue mane/tail

1 Like

Oo, thorn and pebble?

1 Like

For @PhobicNova Thorn & Pebble baby 4/6:
Unicorn colt, dark brown fluff with dark gray mane with black speckles

1 Like

Clarified things above. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Adoption stuff is so wholesome :heart:
Have the lot been claimed?

2 Likes

Pinecone & Ivy: 0/4 claimed.
Thorn & Pebble: 4/6 claimed.
Cabbage & Carrot: 2/2 claimed.

3 Likes

So I could request Pinecone and Ivy then?
If so I would like to :heart:
*as in a foal from the pairing of course

2 Likes