old man's plot / By O5-6

he woke up at the distant sound of voices and small steps on the leaves and dead grass that was near his window, and got on his feet excited to see his dogs, only to look in the yard and see their names on a couple of small crosses near the fence, just in front of his window, remembering that they have died long ago, dressed up and went to check the source of the voices.

he saw at the distance some small animals that he didn’t recognize at first, then he realized that they were fluffies, he only had vague memories about what was told of them, he saw them as talking pets, he stopped walking towards them to see what they were doing on his fence, apparently they got able to enter through a hole in the fence, but they weren’t able to get out, since most of the broken chain links where pointing inside, waiting to stab whoever was unfortunate enough to bump on them.

then they noticed him and panicked a bit, as the smarty of the herd walked up on the man :
hewwo mistah, can ‘ou bwin’ us nummies an’ hewp dah hewd get out?
the man took a few seconds on how to proceed, he wanted to help them but he also needed help in his plot, it was just a mere shadow of the past, with the beautiful green grass, to become a drying mess covered by weeds, his once big and tidy greenhouse, became an overgrown jungle, so thick that it didn’t let pass most of the sunlight inside, and his beautiful fruit trees, whose bases were covered in rotten fruit and insects, but he was too old to take care of all of those things alone, and decided to adopt the fluffies, as a way to help him take better care of his house, he was interrupted while he was thinking about the best way to tell this to the animals that now started to be more calm with his presence.

su am ‘ou goin’ to hewp hewd?” the smarty asked again

as to which the man replied
“what about you stay here with me and help me with taking care of my home, and i give you food and shelter in return?”

nice mistah gib hewd nummies an’ home an’ wub an’ toysies an’ sketties?” said exited the smarty of the herd, as most fluffies started to get nearer and nearer to them, excited about all those promises.

“sure, but remember that you’ll need to work for it, it isn’t going to be free”

otay’ hewd wiww hewp nice mistah buh hewd wan’ nummies fiwst

“okay okay, be back in a minute” says the old man as he goes back to his house, always surprised by the staggering silence that envelops the house, only broken by the sudden gale that lifted dust and thoughts with it, almost seeming like it shouldn’t be that way, his thinking further reinforced by the big size of the house, the long unoccupied beds in the four abandoned rooms, and the big size of his own bed and room, everything seemed bigger, because he was always alone, and everything there was constructed with more people in mind, but now, maybe he shouldn’t need to be alone anymore, or at least he would have someone to talk, even if he wasn’t accompanied by a real human, a talking pet should be enough for him.

the fluffies where left there, inspecting better their surroundings, fearful that the human would do something that would harm them, just like some human monsters that they encountered, but they trusted their smarty, after all he mainly brought them to better places, not that they had any chance to leave either, the exit was covered by twigs and leaves, and the dummy fence that kept giving them ouchies when they wanted to leave.

after some times the man comes back to give the fluffies the promised “nummies” (some apples and plums, along with grapes, he started to wonder what “sketties” were, and why these things talked that way, not that he complained, but he was curious nonetheless.

fank ‘ou nice mistah fo’ dah nummies” some fluffies thanked him too, but most went straight to eating, quickly, fearing that they would need to leave soon

“just call me Christian” replied the man

can chwistian be niu daddeh fo’ dah hewd?” the herd looked at them with a mixture of hope and dread, most of them came from monster daddehs and some learnt to fear that word.

“new daddy? what does that mean?” Christian found a little bit difficult what these fluffies meant with their odd words and pronunciation.

daddeh am who gib fwuffies nummies an’ wub an’ nestie fo’ fwuffies

“yeah, sure i’ll be your daddy, just remember to behave, if you don’t behave you won’t get nice things”

now that he thinks of it, he doesn’t now much about fluffies, at most that they were talking pets.

“so, how do you sleep?”

wiff cwosed see-pwaces!

“let me rephrase it, do you sleep underground in burrows or do you make a nest?”

we sweepies in dah bushes aww toghetah

suddenly, Christian hears a couple of fluffies raising their voice

nuuuu dont take fwuffy’s nummies fwuffy hab tummie huwties an’ babbehs pwease gib nummies

nu dis am mine nao fwuffy gib sowwy hoofsies 'ou

nu stahp don gib sowwy hoofsies to soon mummah!

Christian stops for a moment to think what “soon mummah” means, as soon as he realizes that “soon mummah” means pregnant, he yells

“STOP NOW” said christian quickly grabbing and lifting up the dark purple fluffy by the mane.

bwin’ fwuffie down nao ow fwuffy wiww gib 'ou sowwy poopies to dummeh hooman

Christian, scared by the unknown threat of “sowwy poopies” quickly tossed the mare as far as he could while he closed his eyes and looked in another direction.
only to hear a loud “SCREEEEEEEE” followed by a thud shortly later, he saw that the dark purple mare has landed face first into the short stone wall that surrounded the pool, leaving a trail of liquid shit and a small, but growing blood pool on the floor near the wall

the fluffies were scared and frozen by the fear of being tossed into the wall like that, and jumped, accidentally pissing or, more commonly shitting themselves when Christian called them.

“sorry for that, please follow me over here” said nervously Christian, thinking about how that would affect how his relationships with the herd would develop.

the herd slowly and fearfully followed him to the back area of his house plot, near the pines that were in the back, he realized that he didn’t even count how many fluffies there were, so he decided to count and name them.

“do a line to count you and give you names”

the fluffies were excited to get names, but still feared the man, no one dared to ask what a line meant, until one fluffy, confused by the man’s strange word, asked him “wha’ does wine mean?

Christian thought a bit how to explain something so simple to a fluffy, he never thought that he would need to explain what a line was to a pet.
he grabbed the smarty, who was surprised by the sudden sensation of being lifted up and tried to break free, only to be placed again on the ground, but firmly held by Christian, the fluffy, unable to speak by the fear he had, quickly started to breathe more and more quickly thinking that something bad would happen to him

“a line is when you get behind the fluffy you have in front of you, so, form a line please”

the smarty was a relieved when Christian stopped grabbing him.
the fluffies did as they were told and placed themselves right behind the fluffy they had in front of them, leaving them all formed within the medium-sized, ondulated fluffy line

“for the line to work everyone needs to look in the same direction that the first one is looking” said Christian, hoping that his crude explanation would help them form a better line, it apparently worked, and he proceeded to count all the fluffies

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, the 11th was apparently dead by the pool, he would need to check it later.

“so, time for your new names, after i give you a name you are free to go over there” said Christian pointing at the shadow of the pines “or stay near to know the names or the rest of the herd”

he looks at the first fluffy, the leader of the herd, with dark blue fur and dark green mane
“so you are the leader, right?”

weader?

“the one who makes all the choices in the herd”

yes! fwuffy am smawty

“good, your name will be Blueberry”

fwuffy wub niu name!

“next one, blueberry, stay here, you’ll need to know everyone name’s”

otay

“next one”

a small, antlered fluffy with brown fur and dark green mane approaches, this one asked Christian what a line is.

hai daddeh!

“hi!, you’ll be Thales, next one”

" thawes wub niu name" you see him wander around his surroundings while you name the rest of the herd.

" huf huf huf hai daddeh!"

you notice that this was the mare that got her food stolen, he looks at her light-ish purple fur and pink mane.

“hi there, sweetie, you’ll be Pinkie, let me help you” says Christian as she grabs the pregnant fluffy and leaves her near Blueberry

fank ou’ daddeh!

the next couple fluffy approaches, Christian is confused as to why two fluffies advanced at the same time, the two looks fairly similar, they both have dark green fur and green mane, one has a horn and is slightly bigger, while the other has a couple of wings in his back.

“hi?”

hai!” the two fluffies speak at the same time

Christian directly talks to the unicorn “you will be Taylor”
he then talks directly to the pegasus “you’ll be Tyler”

otay daddeh’” the two fluffies answer at the same time

Christian is still confused, he never thought about twin fluffies, let alone meeting them.

hai niu daddeh!” says a mare with yellow fur and light yellow, almost white mane, you notice the small pair of wings on his back

“you’ll be Dandelion, next one”

Christian watches a rather big, fluffy, with red fur and orange mane, with a bigger horn that Taylor has, he looks at Christian silently.

“you’ll be Campfire, next one”

the fluffy looks happy, but nods silently and walks near Pinkie, the soon mummah and cuddle together.

a completely grey fluffy approaches, looks like he’s old, but speaks calmly to you

fwuffy wan’ to hab old name

“sure buddy, what is your name?” Christian asks curiously, no other fluffy asked for that, or had a name that you knew.

Henwy

“sure, keep that name, next one” Christians wonders if he was previously owned.

\

Christian sees two fluffies talkin together happily before one comes to you, its a stallion, with a kind of dark reddish fur, and a black mane,

hai daddeh! ( hai daddeh! if it’s unreadable )

“hi, your name will be burdeo” the fluffy quickly returns to the other one, nuzzles his companion, before the other fluffie, a mare with dark purple fur and light purple mane comes.

"fwuffie am dah wsat fwuffie! ( fwuffie am dah wsat fwuffie! )

“you’ll be lavender”

( i will left it here, hopefully i will have more time tomorrow to write the rest of the story )

8 Likes

;-; published again accidentally, finishing it now.

1 Like

finished as much as i was able to today, will continue tomorrow

1 Like

I like the idea, but I can’t handle the multi colored quotes today. sorry.

1 Like

np, i was kinda saturated at the end, it’s kinda weird to me seeing so much colors

1 Like

May want to either use colors that are less bright or to limit the coloring to the names now that they have been assigned, to limit how much the colors come up.

It’s always a tricky thing to manage.

1 Like

it is indeed a tricky thing, i like the color name idea, but future posts will probably have much less color or i’ll find a way to make it look better