One Plus One (by ShitratStomper)

Author’s Note:

TWO STOMPER POSTS IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS?!?!? NO WAY!!! (I’m surprised myself)

Dunno where I came up with this one, just thought the idea was cool, and I enjoyed writing it. Also challenged myself for minimal revisions on this too, I often revise a part several times before I feel satisfied, but surprisingly I feel quite happy with this.

Just wanna put it out there, the creature in this story isn’t an eldritch being or whatever, frankly I’m a little sick of the trope so I wanted to distance it from that. Neither is it a jellen. It’s just some fucked up genetically modified fluffy made by an equally fucked up scientist trying to study fluffies further.

I don’t ever intend on expanding on this story, or concept as it feels a bit too foreign for me and I had no plans to continue it past this story. I just wanted to write something a little different. Maybe I will but who knows. I saw this as more of a one shot than anything else.

Anyway, enjoy!

(ps: Lemme know if I need to recategorize this. Wasn’t entirely sure what to put it in myself.)

====================================

“Mummah mango wan’ speshuw fwend… Wumps hab wowstes’ huwties, speshuw stick suuuuu much huwties. Mango nu wan’ wump huwties mummah, pwease.”

Cassandra had been hearing this all week long since Mango had realized what special hugs were from another fluffy at the park, the other male told him about “dah bestes’ gud feews” and since then, it’s been non-stop asking.

“Mango. You’re not allowed to have a special friend, I only have one fluffy at a time and if I get you a special friend, you’ll have to go. And that’s not even considering the little ones you’ll probably have. You’re not fit to be a dad, and I don’t really want you to in the first place. That’s that Mango. If you ask again, I’m taking away your toys and you’re just getting kibble tonight.”

“Buh mummah… Mango wumps huwt suuu much…”

“Say one more word or even cry, and I’m putting you in the sorry box Mango. I’ve had enough of you not listening to me. If I have to I will get those “wumps” removed, with your “nu nu stick”, so watch your tone lil man.”

“Huuhuu… Huuhuuhuuu”

“That’s it Mango, you need to listen, and the only way to get you to listen seems to be the sorry box. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“MUMMAH NU!”

“QUIET MANGO!”

Cassandra grabs Mango by the scruff and tosses him in the steel box before slamming the lid shut and setting a timer. The timer clicks to 30 minutes and Cassandra sets it down next to the steel prison. She walks to the door, opens it, then looks back at Mango in his sorry box.

“I’ll be back in 30 minutes, and if you don’t have a better attitude, I’m taking the toys. You’re not getting spaghetti tonight at all either.”

Cassandra walks out of the safe room despite Mango’s cries, he taps his hoof against the steel wall, then realizes his owner has truly left the room. He sighs and his head lowers as his tear matted fluff carries more drops. Mango doesn’t have enough room to sit down in the box anymore, which Cassandra figures is a good additional punishment.

Cassandra walks into her kitchen and grabs a glass before filling it up with water. She walks into the living room and sits down on the couch, staring aimlessly at the large TV. As she sips her water she wonders if she should get Mango a new friend.

“Hey Cass, what’s got ya deep in thought?”

“Nothing Vincent, just Mango being a little shithead again. Asking to get a special friend. I’m thinking I should get him fixed at this point because it’s every single day, every single time I go in the room, he’s asking. It’s tiresome.”

“Surprised you didn’t get him fixed babe, he could be man-whoring around at the park with your little crew’s fluffies you know?”

“Vincent, we never let them out of our sight for that EXACT reason. A few months back, Susan accidentally made the mistake of bringing her filly and let’s just say Markus’ fluffy was a bit too excited. Poor Susan had to get her baby put down after that. She’s never forgiven Quicksilver since, even though he walks up to her and tries to ask for hugs and shit. The big brute just ruined that little thing.”

“Fuuuuck. That’s something else. I couldn’t imagine having something happen to that dolt Mango.”

Cassandra nods as she finishes her water, then pats the couch, Vincent sits right next to her and they put a movie on the TV. Eventually 30 minutes pass and the timer rings, luckily enough Cassandra barely hears it. She returns to the safe room and takes out the toys before pouring a small amount of kibble in Mango’s dish. Cassandra grabs him and sets him down in front of the dish which results in Mango looking curiously at the amount.

“Mummah, dis nu’ enuff kibbwes. Nee’ mowe.”

“Yeah don’t think so, maybe you should’ve listened earlier. This is just enough for you so I hope you enjoy it mister. Think about what you did and said and tomorrow morning just maybe you’ll get your toys and stuffed animals back.”

“NU, NU TAKE MANGO’S STUFFIE FWEN’ NEE’ FWOOPY FO’ BESTES’ SWEEPIE TIME.”

“CAN IT MANGO. DON’T YOU DARE YELL AT YOUR MOTHER. That’s fucking IT. You’re not getting the stuffed animals and toys back for two days. TWO!”

Cassandra coldly slams the door, purposely forgetting to turn on Mango’s nightlight. He sobs himself to sleep as he pretends to cuddle his stuffed rabbit, but he cannot ignore the truth. Floppy is not there because he was a bad fluffy, floppy hates bad fluffies. Mango remembers his mom holding Floppy as Floppy told Mango how much he disliked bad fluffies. It hurt him deep inside to know that he disappointed Floppy, but soon he would be able to make up for it.

The two days go by excruciatingly slow for Mango, and as promised his mom returned everything and even gave him spaghetti for being on his best behavior during his punishment. He hadn’t dared to ask the dreaded question even once, it would surely mean more issues with his mother.

“You’re such a good boy Mango! I’m so proud of you, so much in fact, I got you a present!”

“Wub pwesents! Wub!”

“Close your eyes Mango!”

“Pwetty stawwion wan’ be nyu fwend? Shimmew wub ‘ou! Wan’ huggies teehee!”

Mango couldn’t believe his eyes, before him sat the most beautiful mare to ever grace his eyes. She blew the others out of the water with her snow white coat and shimmering blonde mane and tail. Mango knew what he had to do now, he needed Shimmer to be his special friend, never had he felt like this before.

“…wan’… Wan’ be speshul fwen’ Shimmew? Gib bestes’ speshuw huggies!”

“Wub speshul fwend! Shimmew wub Mango foweba!”

Mango’s heart fluttered at those words, he could imagine his entire life with Shimmer. He was immediately smitten with her and couldn’t help but fall for the beautiful mare instantly. Shimmer’s heart didn’t flutter as much, she’s had a special friend before at her old house, but they never had any foals, they were separated as her owner only bought her for friendship. Cassandra and Vincent heard the entire store on the way back from the shelter.

“Well you two have fun now. Vincent and I will be watching a movie. Try not to make a mess with the toys okay Mango?”

“Otay mummah.”

Cassandra exits and suddenly Mango has pounced on Shimmer. They shoot about in the room as they chase each other and play with the various toys in the room. They bounce the ball between each other, it’s the most fun Mango has had since Cassandra rented the bouncy castle for Mango’s birthday party. They take a short break and Mango shows Shimmer his treasured stuffed animal gleefully.

Soon they’re back to playing and dashing about when suddenly Mango dashes and tackles Shimmer, she lands on her back, stomach facing up. Mango is on top of her when he notices the heat next to his genitals.

“Wan’ speshuw huggies nao Shimmew? Nu-nu stick feew diffewent…”

“Mango can gib speshuw huggies! Have bestes’ babbehs, give Shimmew tummeh babbehs Mango!”

Cassandra is cooking lunch as Vincent walks into the kitchen and grabs a beer out of the large silver fridge. He takes the cap off and tosses it in the trash, then looks at Cassandra.

“So what are Mango’s thoughts on the new friend? Does he seem satisfied with Shimmer?”

“Yeah he seemed to like her quite a bit. Glad I could finally get that over with. What he doesn’t know is that she’s leaving tomorrow morning while he’s still sleeping. She’ll get an abortion too cause the owner doesn’t want foals either. Had the same issue as us actually.”

“No shit?” Vincent’s lips make contact with the bottle after he speaks

“Yeah, pretty convenient right?”

“Agreed. Anyway, is the lunch ready? I’m starving.”

Cassandra divides the stir fry into two bowls and hands one to Vincent, she sets hers down on the marble countertop as well. After grabbing some utensils, she seats herself and begins to enjoy her cooking.

“Holy FUCK that’s good.” In-between mouthfuls, Vincent mumbles compliments about the food.

Lunch is consumed and shortly after Vincent and Cassandra resume their conversation about Mango.

“So no foals? I bet they’d be reeeeeaaaaallll nice Cass, good money.”

“Don’t like selling foals for cash Vince, you know that. Not after working at a store, was terrible.”

“Fine, fine, fine. You think we should check on those two?”

Meanwhile, back in the safe room the two fluffies prepare themselves.

“Shimmew am weady Mango. Nee’ tummeh babbehs!”

Shimmer drops to her stomach and presents her rear to Mango, who immediately reacts by sniffing. He inhales deeply, probably more than one should but he’s taking his first time in, it’s what feels right to Mango.

“Shimmew smeww suu gud… 'Ou weady?”

Mango mounts Shimmer and starts to enter, but something feels wrong. Something large is rubbing against his back, caressing it like his owner would. It freaks him out and he backs away and starts to slowly step back. Suddenly, he can no longer move to his shock, his eyes wildly moving around to see what is anchoring him.

A large white tendril of fluff has attached to Mango’s back, and it’s slowly starting to merge with his. Suddenly another sprouts from Shimmer’s back and starts approaching his legs. Before he can move to the side, the tendril has wrapped his legs up and has begun to merge with his fluff there as well.

“NU WHAT SHIMMEW DOIN? DUMMEH, STAHP. MUMMAH! MUMMAH!”

“SHIMMEW NU KNOW!! SCREEEEEE!!! BAD ENFIES, BAD ENFIES FWOM MANGO! MANGO GIB WOWSTES’ SPESHUW HUGGIES!”

Another strand emerges and it slowly approaches Mango’s face. Suddenly the door swings open and a beer bottle crashes to the ground by a pair of sneakers.

“CASS GET THE FUCK IN HERE. HURRY UP HOLY SHIT. MANGO! MANGO NO!”

Cassandra bolts to the safe room to see the horrific scene, she screams as the third tendril attaches itself to Mango’s head. The tendrils slowly start dragging Mango towards Shimmer. Mango flails about as much as he can as Shimmer screams and runs towards the wall at a surprising speed.

“MUMMAH, DADDEH, HEWP MANG-”

A fourth tendril sprouts and immediately attaches itself to his mouth, Mango can only murmur as the white fluff muffles his screams. He jerks his head back as much as he can but it’s no use, the tendrils just pull it back into place. His limbs are useless in the hands of this unknown entity. The speed of which it drags Mango towards Shimmer’s back.

Cassandra grabs the small scissors she uses to groom Mango and runs over, trying to cut at the moving pillars of fluff. Every cut seems to be fruitless, it’s all regenerated in the blink of an eye and even worse, It’s pulling Mango in faster. Cassandra tosses the scissors down and tries pulling at the tendrils, but again it’s no use, they’ve become a part of Mango.

“YOU FUCKING BITCH LET MY BOY GO!”

Vincent runs forward and attempts to punt kick Shimmer out of the way and narrowly misses her. Falling straight on his ass after missing, he starts scooting back with his arms as Shimmer looks to him.

“HEWP SHIMMEW NICE MISTAH, PWEASE! NU WAN’ BAD HUWTIES!”

“WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING. GE- GET AWAY YOU FREAK!”

Cassandra gasps as a sharpened tendril pierces through Mango’s chest. It retracts and then stabs into him again, the crimson fluid contrasting against the pure white fluff it’s made of. Mango can’t do much but thrash about, the tendril stabs into his stomach and goes straight through yet again. Blood is spurting from all of Mango’s wounds as both of his owners watch helplessly.

Cassandra runs at Shimmer who is bawling at the sight of this all, seemingly not sure what’s happening either. Cassandra raises her foot above Shimmer’s head and slams down as hard as she can, the stomp hurts her foot and as she looks, Shimmer is no longer there.

It’s moved, whatever the hell it is moved out of the way somehow and is now at the opposite end of the room. Seemingly it had to release Mango from some tendrils so it could escape. Cassandra notices Mango’s mouth is uncovered.

“…w-w-wun… Wun ‘way mummah… Nu wowwy bout Mango… Mango stwong… Jus’ wan ‘ou an’ daddeh tu be safe… Huwwy… Mango… wubs… 'ou”

Mango’s eyes close and he’s gone fully limp. Soon, he’s being drug faster and faster than he was before, and now his corpse sits above Shimmer by an inch or so. The tendrils that are attached then stab straight into Mango’s body, but don’t exit, instead they seem to be draining Mango’s blood.

Before Cassandra could react any further, Mango’s body is dragged into Shimmer’s body, it seems to be absorbing him somehow. All the while Shimmer is screaming bloody murder through the ordeal.

“Vince get the fuck up! Go go go!”

Cassandra ushers Vincent out of the safe room and slams the door shut. Vincent grabs the large bookcase next to it and slides it in front of the door, blocking the entity’s escape. Faintly they can hear Shimmer talking in between pained screams and gasps.

“NU… gasp GUD… FEEWS… gasp SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE… NU FEEW PWETTY…”

“What the fuck is in there. What the actual FUCK JUST HAPPENED.”

“Oh my god… Mango… Oh fuck… Vincent, he’s… He’s gone isn’t he?”

“HE CAN’T BE, THIS IS JUST A FUCKED UP DREAM, RIGHT?”

Vincent paces around as he runs his hands through his curly hair. Cassandra leans against a wall and slides down, now sitting down. They both take a few minutes to compose themselves before trying to talk any further. Whatever just happened, definitely wasn’t normal in the fucking slightest.

“We gotta go in Cassandra. No other way. I’m not letting that fucking thing escape! Not after what it did to Mango. I’ll rip it apart if I have to!”

“Vince I agree, but we can’t just go rushing in y’know, I don’t even know what the fuck that thing could do to begin with. It just fucking ATE Mango…”

Before Cassandra can say anything else Vincent has pushed the bookshelf away and bolts inside the safe room. Cassandra follows immediately, protesting the idea before they both come to a sudden halt. There before them sits a fluffy they’ve never seen before.

“Hewwo nice mistah, nice wady. Wan’ be nyu mummah an’ daddeh? Dis woom gib fwuffy wots of heawt happies!”

“What. The. Fuck.”

“…where’s Shimmer?”

“Cassandra, I think this is Shimmer.”

“Who Shimmew? Am pwetty mawe?”

They both look at each other confused to high hell. All the viscera in the room still exists, just with a lack of a corpse, but here is this random fluffy that’s talking away to them. It’s about Mango’s size but a combination of Shimmer and Mango’s coat.

“I’m so confused right now. I’m gonna call you Swirled, you just stay put and… And we’ll figure it all out from here…”

“Cassandra what the fuck do you mea-”

“Shhhhh Vince.”

They both exit the room and Cassandra looks at Vincent, who is still reeling from the situation. She shakes him by the shoulders and gives a light slap to him to get his attention focused on the situation at hand. His thousand yard stare breaks and he returns to reality after the slap.

“Doesn’t that thing remind you of Mango? He sounded just like him even… Is… is it Mango?”

“Cass. You saw the same shit I did. There’s no way that’s Mango… Not anymore at least.”

“What should we do?”

“Fuck if I know Cassandra… Fuck if I know.”

They both hug as they cry for the loss of Mango, but it seems not all is lost for them as whatever is on the other side of the door has retained some semblance of their beloved fluffy. The amalgamation runs up to Mango’s favorite stuffed animal and snuggles up to it.

“…Mango wub Fwoppy”

Swirled’s eyes close as he repeats a sentence he doesn’t remember ever saying, but it felt right, all of this feels right, perfect even. It’s like Swirled had always lived in that room his entire life.

9 Likes

i really like this story, dunno why, but the ending seems… hugboxish?

1 Like

Glad to hear you liked it. And yeah I kind of intended it to be hugboxish at the end as well as leaving the end open for interpretation. Did they keep Swirled? Did they put him down? Can they?

I might revisit this story eventually but I feel satisfied with leaving it as is.

1 Like

w-w-w-what? ;—;

1 Like

Don’t worry he’ll still have some time before they make any decisions, his future isn’t set in stone quite yet

1 Like

The fluffy singularity is inevitable…

1 Like

May a higher power have mercy on our souls.

1 Like