Other Hasbio/other bio lab creations. (That arent fluffies)

Was thinkin’ of fluffies and shit while i was workin’ and thought: could there other bio companies that make living creatures? What would they have made other than fluffies and fluffy subspecies?

I remember seeing stuff like dinosaurs and goblins in some works. Its fun to think about!

Do you have any lab grown creatures that aren’t fluffies in your headcanon? If so what are they?

2 Likes

I said this before on another post but there needs to be an MGMO Engineering (MGA Entertainment) with their own pony biotoy. Bratz baby ponies already look like they would be some kind of fluffy. Huge wedge shaped heads with bratz fashion style.

I haven’t worked out a good name, design or lore though on how they could be told apart from fluffies.

2 Likes

I LOVE draggos, little babies! I mean, look at em!

1 Like

Why you’re right you run the risk of mary sues/donut steel species running rampant. I mean we already have mary sue and donut steel fluffies but we don’t need every Tom, Dick and Harry deciding to make “fluffy but no downsides” it’s been tried before and it’s always shit

3 Likes

I understand there may have bee 1 or 2 approaches along these lines before.
The Enūma Eliš, say.
“Mother Hubur, who can form everything,
Added countless invincible weapons, gave birth to monster serpents,
Pointed of fang, with merciless incisors(?),
She filled their bodies with venom for blood.
Fierce dragons she clad with glories,
Gave them glories, made them like gods, (saying)
‘Whoever sees them, shall collapse in terror!
‘Let their bodies keep leaping forward & never retreat!’
She deployed serpents, dragons, & hairy hero-men,
Lion monsters, lion men, scorpion men,
Mighty demons, fish men, bull men,
Bearing unsparing arms, fearless in battle."

1 Like

While I’d prefer not to get too far away from the Fluffy side of the lore in my canon, I do personally enjoy the idea of other companies reverse engineering, copying or knocking off the classic Fluffy to make their own variants and properties. See Fluffies/Fuzzies in Fall of Cleveland for a good example of this.

CarnivorousDuck is a good trailblazer in making new and weird variants while keeping that classic Fluffy feel, so their work tends to come to mind when I’m thinking of new critters. I think a good compromise is having nature itself adapt to either hunt or coexist with fluffies and introducing new creatures or adaptations that allow them to effectively exploit their place in the food chain - that way you can have creatures that aren’t directly descendant of Fluffies but are directly linked to them.

1 Like

I’ve got a whole guide for the ones in mine: https://fluffy-community.com/t/non-fluffy-biotoys-in-my-headcanon-by-pushka

1 Like