Ouida’s looking glass by (that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of G.I Hell gremlin by (that1hugboxer)

You are Vicky Vanderholt. last night you and the security team captured 3 intruders attempting to assassinate you and your sisters, the 4th intruder was killed by your security team.

You look down at the man being restrained by heavy duty chains.

“First question what is your name?”

The man looks up at you. With his disturbingly gentle eyes then answers in a warm and friendly tone.

“ my designation number is Troy 08.”

He seems awfully cooperative for a captured assassin. But nonetheless you continue asking further questions.

Second question. Why did you attack us?.

“Because we had a contract to do so.”

“Who hired you?”

Toy 08 shakes his head.

“I will not breach the confidentiality agreement with my client.”

You decide to hold off on that question for now.

“Who created you and for what purpose?”

“Hasbio scientist Dr.Olivia Colman created me to be an infiltration operative and her personal pleasure companion.”

You blink for a moment trying to figure out if you really heard that last part.

“Where is Olivia Colman now?”

Troy 08 smiles warmly.

“Oh she’s back at base entertaining my brothers.”

Your face contorts into an expression of appall.

“Oh don’t give me that look. We’re just giving as good as we got from her.”

“Where is your base?”

“I refuse to answer.”

You lean in and whisper in Troy 8’s ear.

“You are categorized as a bio toy. I can mutilate and torture you with no legal repercussions. So I will ask you once again. Where is your base?”

“I refuse to answer.”

“Ok have it your way.”

You bring in one of the other intruders you captured. A young woman bio toy designated Phyllis Gabor.

You point your gun at her head.

“Where is your base?”

Phyllis smiles at Troy 08.

“It’s ok Troy. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

Troy 08 closes his eyes.

“I …. I refuse to answer.”

You shoot Phyllis Gabor and she falls to the ground lifeless , Troy 08 is holding back tears,it’s clearly taking a toll on him watching a comrade die.

You bring in the final prisoner a youth cadet designated Polly pocket 105

“Where is your base?”

“I…I “

Polly pocket 105 yells out.

“Don’t tell her! “

“Polly I…”

“Please! I’m begging you don’t tell her!”

“Answer the question. “

“Hasegawa Akino!”

You turn to Troy 08 .

“What?”

“The person who hired us to kill you was Hasegawa Akino!”

“Please I can’t betray my brothers and sisters but I will answer any other question! Just please don’t kill polly! Please! You already killed my wife! Please for the love of God! I can’t loose my daughter too! She’s all I have left!”

Your heart skips a beat and your blood runs cold as you realize what you’ve done.

“Where were you made?”

“The underground research complex beneath Geiswell acres. It’s called Ouida’s Looking glass.”

“If you were created to be a body guard why are you taking mercenary contracts?”

Troy looks at you.

“We were treated no better than fluffies, we think and reason at the level as human beings. At least out here we can pass for humans, we are treated as humans . We created a mercenary company to fund the massive number of fake IDs , birth certificates and the like so we could integrate into society. We want a better future for not just ourselves but for our children and our children’s children. I’m brash and ruthless by my very nature. It’s quite literally coded into my DNA.”

“You mentioned taking Hilda as a replacement for Jerrica Benton. What did you mean by that?”

Troy chuckles.

“Jerrica Benton was a hell of a woman. She would do anything for anyone in our group. Her personality kept morale high. After she died we all took it hard. But none took it harder than Armstrong 99. That was his kid. And to think another of our own kind took her out sent him off the deep end. “

“That still doesn’t answer my question.”

Troy sighs.

“The moment the house went on lockdown I knew Armstrong was dead. He would never get revenge for the daughter that was taken from him. So I decided to take Hilda to punish Injun Joe. I had planned to use her DNA to create an identical looking assassin and infiltrate her back into your ranks. Have one of your own turn on you the same way injun turned on us.”

“What do you mean the same way injun turned on you?”

“Injun was one of us , Jerrica Benton knew injun that why she didn’t shoot because she thought he was just squatting on the property . He went his own way when we exited the tunnels so it was a reasonable assumption . We saw Him killing Jerrica was a huge act of betrayal.

“We?”

“There were about 450 of us in total that escaped the looking glass. We tried getting honest jobs but without ID our options were limited. Hasegawa Akino was willing to pay us under the table.”

You look over at Polly who is crying over her mother’s corpse.

“Why on earth would you bring your wife and daughter on an assassination mission?”

“You think I wanted this?!”

Troy’s eyes are filled with anger

“ the only way we survive is if everyone pitches in! The only available people at the time were myself, Armstrong, Phyllis and Polly!
All the rest were either deployed on assignment or guarding the base!”

Troy looks over at his wife’s plastified corpse .

“ I accept full responsibility for what happened here last night . Please have mercy on my child.”

You sigh.

“Look Troy I know what I did was unforgivable . I know you and your daughter will most likely hate me for the rest of your lives. I can’t fix this and me attempting to do so would be spitting on the graves of Phyllis , Jerrica and Armstrong. Do you have any way of contacting your the leader of your group? I want to talk with him about a truce.”

The radio on Phyllis’s corpse begins speaking as if on cue.

“You have my attention Ms Vanderholt.”

“Who am I speaking with? “

“My designation is Tunnel Rat 02 . I am this group’s leader.”

“I’m assuming you heard everything that happened?”

“Yes I am fully aware of what transpired here. Despite what has occurred here today I am willing to discuss mutually beneficial terms of ceasefire.”

“All I ask is that you no longer take contracts against myself, my family, my employees anyone connected us ,the farm itself or the fluffies that reside here you will keep the new identity and location of injun Joe a secret along with his existence as a bio toy. And in return I will release Troy 08 and Polly pocket 105 into your custody, I will also keep your existence as bio toys a secret and hire your services as needed when we finish expanding the farm. If there is something you want that is within reason I will accommodate your requests to the best of my abilities.”

“Your terms are acceptable. however I also request the return of the corpses and belongings of Jerrica Benton, Phyllis Gabor and Armstrong 99.”

“I agree to these terms.”

“Excellent! I will send out a transport vehicle for extraction .”

As the radio goes silent you order all three bodies and their belongings be brought to the extraction point along with Polly and Troy.

As the extraction vehicle drives off you think about how you are going to handle the issue of Hasegawa Akino .

7 Likes

This gets wilder and wilder. Honestly, change fluffies to MLP’s, and you could damn near turn this into an original novel.

2 Likes

If only this were the 80s or 90s we could get a decent action movie based off of it. Toys For Hire starring Sylvester Stallone, Steven seagal and Rocky Johnson

1 Like

That would be a hell of a movie.

1 Like

I think the reason you like this as much as you do is because of the toys from your childhood being brought to life for something so nefarious. I don’t think it would hit the same if it was generic stand in toys brought to life for the purpose of war by the lots’O’toys mega corporation

2 Likes

I genuinely like the story. And, y’know, the outrageous violence committed by toys. I’ve got a fondness for irony in fiction. Genuinely, though, it’s an intriguing story. It takes the concept of biotoys to its most extreme ends.

2 Likes

Oh I haven’t even introduced the ace up Tunnel Rat 02’s sleeve yet. Let’s just say hasboi is about to be hoisted by their own petard

2 Likes