Owner of Sorry Pleasure and her assistant [ Art by Kathi ]

(grumbling, bitching, kvetching)
Yes, I suppose so…
(Mutter)
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Nah. “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”
If one’s family are assholes, just cut them out.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

Yeah, kinda why we cut half the family out.
Not to name folks but stealing from the dead isn’t the best thing to do when it comes to the grandma and her will.

2 Likes

My mom died intestate, and she’d left a lot of property behind when she separated from her 2nd hubs and moved to Wisconsin. SO…when she passed, we kids got all the money, but hubs got all the property, which included valuable antiques and heirlooms (Mom & hubs separated but never divorced).
Thus, hubs’ family gets all our stuff, and we don’t get any of it back. My Sis is HONKED!!!

2 Likes

That sucks so much, God, everything goes to hubs’ family? What a horrible thing there! It’s sucks when it comes to such things, honestly. I feel for you and your sister there, that shit sucks total ass. I feel it would have been decent of them if they decided to go and OFFER somethings to you guys, since yanno, YOUR STUFF.

In my Grandma’s case? It was her own children, and some grandchildren, there were some items meant to go to some people. The moment she died? EVERYONE gone to her home, taking what they wanted, not even caring that she had planned out a few things meant for people.

Grandpa just let’em all in and they took most things, my lot? Didn’t get a whole lot, Hell, MY SIBLINGS don’t got a whole lot! I have my ears pierced so a lot of the earrings we get given by Grandpa, I’m offered, but my two sibs? Not a lot, and they were just as close to her as I was. We lived next to the two and lived with her for a bit.

It just sucks when people just suddenly decide, now that they dead! WE CAN TAKE EVERYTHING!

1 Like

That’s true…but with Mom’s hub, he’s not dead yet, but he won’t let us kids into the house to claim mom’s things (remaining spouse gets full custody and all that). Nobody’s sure what’ll happen after he goes, but legally, everything in the house can go to his family.

2 Likes

I would try and talk to him -if you haven’t already and all that jazz-, see what’s up. I mean, you guys deserve to at least get somethings from the house, and if he doesn’t want you to actually enter, see if a third party is allowed to get things for y’all.

2 Likes

Sis already tried, and evidently he either refused outright or jus didn’t respond. I’m not sure if lawyering-up would be worth it, honestly. Furniture/knickknacks/etc. = Several hundred dollars
Lawyer = several thousand dollars.
So, a fight may not be worth the expense.

1 Like

An arbitrator may be a possibility, but again, they may cost more $$ than the end result is worth.

1 Like

I mean, money comes and goes but old family knickknacks are irreplaceable. Talk to your sister about it? See if you both think it would be a good idea, I think an arbitrator be the best bet if the hub ain’t really that down on working with you or her. In my opinion anyways, I do hope you manage to get some of the things though!

1 Like

Thanx…:slightly_smiling_face::heart:
Anyway, I gotta get back to work…c-ya!

2 Likes

I hope you have a good work day! See ya around, dude!

2 Likes