Pepper's Playtime [by ChungusMyBungus]

The Youtube video went live at 4pm Eastern Standard Time, same as it did every week.
The title read ‘Pepper’s Playtime - Ep16’

A fluffy pony with a dark red coat and an equally dark green mane was sitting on a kitchen counter, looking slightly nervous. The fluffy was wearing a collar and a leash, and the leash was visibly bolted onto the counter, preventing the fluffy from running away. The collar had a shiny silver nametag on it, which read ‘PEPPER’.
“Huh… hewwo vee-yoo-aws.” She said, stumbling over her words and staring intently as she clearly read them from a script. “Wewcome back to anoddah… eppy-sode ob ‘Peppah’s Pwaytime’. In da wast… eppy-sode, Peppah ate a nummy cawwed dah… dah…”
She screwed up her face in concentration.
“Dah ‘chocowate ha-ba-newo’. It gib Peppah big buwny huwties in moufie! Hu-hu-hu…”
“But don’t worry, Pepper.” A woman’s voice said from off-camera. “This time you’ve got something nice and safe to eat.”
“Buh… buh mummah say dat wast time… an’ time befowe dat… an’ time befowe dat…
“Oh come now Pepper, mommy would never lie to you. Now here’s your food.”

A tan-skinned arm reached in from off-camera and placed a white china plate in front of Pepper. On the plate was a shrivelled looking mound of red vegetation with a small green tuft at the end.
“This,” The woman’s voice continued. “Is a Ghost Pepper.”
“GHOSTY? WHEWE?!” Pepper immediately squeaked in fear, while the woman laughed.
“Oh, isn’t she just precious? Anyway, the Ghost Pepper clocks in at a whopping 855,000 to 1,042,000 Scovilles. And you all know what that means!”
A subtitle appeared on the screen reading ‘(IT’S VERY HOT!!!)’
“Now go on Pepper, eat your nummy for the nice viewers.”
“O-otay mummah… nu ghosty?”
“That’s right, there’s no ghosts anywhere.”
“An’ nummy nu gib huwties dis time?”
“Of course not.”

Pepper seemed convinced and picked up the ghost pepper in her hooves, stuffing it into her mouth and chomping down hard on the bright red lump. She chewed happily for a few seconds, humming to herself, until she suddenly went completely still, her eyes wide.
She sat perfectly still for a moment, then began vibrating, her entire body shaking all over in a very minute way… which gradually got larger and more violent, until she was almost shivering.
Finally, it hit her.
“WHA-A-A!” She wailed and sobbed, leaping up from her seated position and sprinting across the counter. She only got so far before the leash snagged and halted her progress, prompting Pepper to try running the other way… with the exact same results.
All of which was caught on camera.
“HA-A-A-A! HO-O-OT!” Pepper wailed. “MU-MU-MU-MUMMAH! MOUFY HUH-HUH-HU-U-UWTIES!!!”
“Well that’s something.” Mama’s voice said calmly. “How could that have happened?”
Another subtitle appeared on the video, this time just reading ‘(LOL)’
“M-MUM-MU-MUMMAH!” Pepper babbled incoherently, her lips, tongue and throat feeling as though they were on fire. “P-P-PWEASE H-H-HEWP PEPPAH!”
Pepper had actually begun sweating, huge beads dripping from her fur as she scrambled back and forth on the counter-top, her mouth hanging open as she panted and gasped, wailing and sobbing the entire time.
“Dunno what to do, Pepper.” Mama replied, nonchalantly. “It’s not like I knew this was going to happen or anything.”

The video continued for ten more minutes, as Pepper continued to scream and cry and scamper around on the counter, tears pouring from her eyes as the heat of one of the hottest peppers known to mankind seared it’s way through her body. All while she continued to babble with lips numbed from the intense heat, slurring her words and stumbling over syllables.
Eventually she collapsed from the exhaustion of her constant sprinting and lay where she had started, in the middle of the counter, right next to the white plate, wheezing and gasping for breath while continuing to quietly sob to herself.
“Hey Pepper!” Mama called at last. “Video’s almost done. Haven’t you got something to say?”
“Fuh… faw… fuh…” Pepper gasped, her mouth still too numb to properly form the correct sounds. “Fa-a-ank yo-o-o… fo-o-ow wa-a-at shi-i-in…” She whimpered at last.
The video cut to black, with some white text for the audience.

‘Howdy ya’ll! Thanks for watching our latest video! You know how much fun I love to have with lil ol’ Pepper! Now just as a reminder, we’ve so far covered the Bell Pepper, the Jalapeno, Tabasco, Cayenne, and even Fatali. Next after this will be the Trinidad Scorpion, then the Carolina Reaper! Everyone stay tuned, we’ve only got two more videos left before I have to decide on what to do with Pepper afterwards! Please remember that the Patreon poll is STILL open, and that ‘hot sauce enema’ is currently tied with ‘pepper-spray eye-drops’! So make sure you vote while you can, because it’ll be over sooner than you think!’

A brief musical jingle played over a cartoony drawing of Pepper screaming as fire erupted out of her mouth, with ‘PEPPER’S PLAYTIME’ emblazoned around it.
The video ended.

34 Likes

Have a bonus story I threw together after my last one.
If enough people are interested, I might write a follow-up based on the ‘finale’ video mentioned at the end.

8 Likes

I LOVE IT! I’ll never forget the time my middle school friends got ahold of some ghost peppers. The results were as dramatic as you can imagine in a cafeteria full of 14 year olds… I’d watch all of Pepper’s Playtime, it’s like Hot Ones for a fluffy (but no dumb questions, only pain) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I eat hot peppers regularly and you left out the best part of the story, the part where the peppers are shit out and yes they do burn worse on exit than entry.

6 Likes

Mmm, I love me some spicy peppers!

1 Like

Obviously Patrons get the video of Pepper’s afterburns, since Youtube probably wouldn’t allow that.

1 Like