Pete's tale! -1- (a littlepog series)

Pete takes a sip of coffee as he admires his new home. Thanks to his advancements in Smart Home A.I. he was capable of living out in the wilderness, completely off the grid. He grew his own food, raised his own meat, generated his own electricity and a well on the land provided all the clean water he could ever need! It was easy enough considering his home handled the bulk of the work. All he had to do was feed his cattle and remember to check on his crops occasionally.

Here he lived for a few months in blissful solitude. It was a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of his old researching hobbies. He giggled as he watched old recordings he had saved from his previous experiments; Memories from a time when his genius was on a time-crunch and anxiety riddled thoughts filled his every waking moment.

He was starting to enjoy splicing together random clips to form nonsensical comedy until a soft chime rang out from his home, followed by the British butler voice that Pete had chosen for this particular A.I.

“Pardon the intrusion, Master Pete. It would seem that Motion Sensor A6 on the West-Side of the property has been activated. Shall I project the camera feeds for Sir’s viewing pleasure?”

Pete raises his hands and waves away the voice like someone shooing away a bee.

“Very well, Sir.”

The lights in Pete’s bedroom dim slightly as his laptop screen suddenly changes to a series of camera feeds, all showing a particular area of his new property.

A grin slowly grows over his face as the live-feed from the camera closest to his cabin now plays on his screen. He watched with anticipation as two dirty wads of color slowly waddled their way through the makeshift wooden fence that surrounded the land making up Pete’s new property. He places his coffee on his bed-side table and leans forward, pressing the audio button on his laptop. Time to see exactly what’s going on toward the edge of his land.

Here we meet Stormy! An all grey Pegasus with neon green hoofies and wingies! He’s also an ex-toughie. He now finds himself climbing through a rotted fence board that he had broken free so that he could find a safe place for himself and his special friend, Rosebud.

Rosebud was a really pretty red Alicorn mare with bright pink hoofies, wings, and tail. She used to be Smartie’s special-friend before she told Stormy that she wanted him to be her special-friend! Smartie didn’t like that, and planned on giving him and Rosebud worstes’ hurties and sorry-hoofies if he didn’t leave the herd forever!

It had been 3 bright-times and 2 dark-times since Smarty shunned Him and his special-friend… Rosebud was slowly growing larger by the day, and soon she wouldn’t even be able to keep walking. He NEEDED to find a safe place to build a nestie and somewhere to gather the best nummies for his soon-babbehs!

“Dun… Wowwy… Speshew-fwen… Papa-Stowmy… Gon’ fin’ bestes nummies fow’… Soon-babbehs! Ownwy’ a wittew’… Mow’… wawkies nao!”

Stormy huffed out between labored breaths. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was just as tired and scared as his special friend. He couldn’t let it show though, he was a toughie! He had to be brave in the face of danger. He had to protect and provide for his soon family, and he was willing to do anything to make sure of it.

Rosebud simply waddled behind him, occasionally complaining about the walk or stopping to babble about her tummeh-babbehs.

“Wosebud hab’ weggie-huwties… Tu’ many wawkies nu gud’ fow tummeh’ babbehs…huuhuu Sowwy tummeh-babbehs… huuhuu”

Stormy finally manages to wiggle his slightly emaciated-fluffy frame through the broken fence. He had been giving up portions of his nummies so that Rosebud could have more since they had found out she was expecting. He could feel his tummy making growling noises from hunger, but feelings of starvation were quickly forgotten as the prettiest sound of Rosebud’s voice filled the air around them. Stormy could listen to her talk all day, even if it was only complaints.

The hole that he had created was now easily big enough for Rosebud to climb through, and she does so with great haste. She could smell the fresh berry-nummies on the other side and was eager to fill her empty tummeh. After all, how else would she make the bestes-milkies for her bestes babbehs?

After the pair manages to wiggle through the fence, they unknowingly set off once again in the direction of Pete’s cabin. Stormy with a built-in look of determination, and Rosebud with a pocket full of babbeh-thoughts and sunshine; (minus the body aches and leggie-hurties).

Pete hadn’t even witnessed the two climbing through the fence before he had his boots and jacket thrown on. He quickly grabs a small unlabeled spray-canister and throws it in his pocket as he walks out his back screen door, making sure to lock it up nice and tight before making a break for the area of property the cameras had been watching.

It didn’t take more than a few minutes of walking before he could here the incessant babbling of the two feral fluffs. He simply giggled to himself as he listened to their dreams of a safe nest, warm huggies, babbehs, plenty of food, sleeping for the-

Wait… Babbehs?

Pete’s excitement could flood a football stadium at this point. Not only had his first two subjects arrived, but one of them was a dam. A pregnant one. Things just keep getting better and better!

He creeps over a small hill, reaching it’s peak before the sight of the two chatty-fluffs finally graced his vision. It wasn’t hard to tell where they were. All the loud babbling and the Mare’s bright-red coloring made for easy finding. Pete quickly sinks to the ground, laying on his belly as he watched the two fluffies now happily eating a few wild strawberries growing near the edge of his property.

“Des’ bushie-numies awe bestes’ nummies fow’ mummah tu’ make wots of miwkies! Tank ou’ speshew-fwen!”

The pink mare spouts out between mouth-fulls of chewed fruit. The grey stallion simply nods in agreement, his mouth too full of food to properly respond.

“Hmmm… Better make my presence known. Don’t want these two shit-factories destroying all of my wild crops…”

Pete whispers to himself before slowly climbing to his feet. He casually makes his way down the hill to where the two fluffies now chowed down happily, blissfully unaware of the fate that would soon befall them.

Stormy, naturally, is the first to notice Pete’s approach since Rosebud is too busy stuffing her face to really care. He quickly jumps to his feet, jumping between Pete and Rosebud before putting a defensive stance. An… Interesting stance. Not one like any Pete had ever seen a fluffy take. He wasn’t puffing up his cheeks, or his chest.

He simply stood firm, determined, and with a look of extreme focus and seriousness. It looked like he could actually take a push and stay upright with the way he’s planting his squishy little hooves into the dirt.

“Das’ cwose nuff’, hoomin’ mistah. Nu’ mow’ wawkies tu’ Stowmy en’ Speshew-fwen. Wu’ Mistah-hoomin wan’ wif fwuffy famiwy?”

Rosebud’s attention shoots up in the direction of Stormy’s. She begins quivering in fear, forcing her bowels to remain shut as she silently watches her special-friend talk to the human that she failed to notice until just now.

Pete puts on a warm smile as he stops in his tracks, about 6 feet away from the pair of dirty fluffs. He had never seen a stallion so… Protective before. This was going to be quite the interesting experiment indeed.

“Hey relax there, uh… Stormy? I just happened to notice you two are eating my fruit bushes. I have a small dog house with a few bowls of… Sketti… That I was too full to finish all by myself. I would love it if a few happy little fluffs could come and help me eat the rest of it!”

Stormy’s glare never leaves Pete’s, though Pete can tell just how hungry the mare was judging by how much she started drooling when he mentioned “Sketti”. Strange that they haven’t absolutely flipped their shit at the prospect of a warm safe house and free food though.

“Nu…Wai humin’ Mistah wook… Wong… See-pwacies am scawy…Wosebud nu’ twust ou…”

Rosebud, who had remained silent throughout this entire encounter, pipes up suddenly from behind the fluff-wall built by Stormy.

Pete suddenly feels a chill rush up his spine and into his brain. He freezes, his face now dropping the façade he was previously wearing. Every synapse in his brain began firing off at once, his excitement and curiosity almost overwhelming.

“Wet fwuffies gu. We nebah’ wetuwn. Nebah’ teww oddah’ fwuffies abou’ dis pwace. Weabe aw’ dah bushie-nummies. Scawwy’ mistah-humin’ fin’ oddah fwuffies tu’ gib’ huwties…”

Pete, for the first time that he could actually remember, was completely dumbstruck. Not a single word could find it’s way from his brain to his mouth. He stared silently for only a few short moments before acting.

Something is different about these fluffys. A difference that now caught Pete’s curiosity more than anything ever before. He needed to study these creatures.

Without missing a beat, Pete quickly pulls a small unlabeled spray canister from his pocket and sprays it a few times in the fluffy’s direction before sliding it right back into his pocket once again.

Stormy’s glare sharpens to a piecing one just as he realizes something. His special-friend is suddenly so quiet. What’s going on? What was that funny smell? What’s that…What…

Everything goes Black.

26 Likes

Ooh I really like this.

Nothing beats fluffies who have actual instinct and life experience. Looking forward to more.

11 Likes

My god! Fluffies that aren’t completely dumb? I suppose it should be expected for the alicorn, but Stormy as well? Pete better makes sure he doesn’t kill off the fluffies, or their unborn foals. Could be a fascinating long-term experiment to see if this is nature or nurture.

8 Likes

Ah! You got me invested in their survival.

Gonna be a rollercoaster down I take it.

5 Likes