Pixel Fluffs 3 (by: iFluffybooru)

Karn 2
For @Karn of his classic heavy weapons guy persona.

For @Lothmar, the eyebot is from reference but not traced.

Strawberry
For @BloodyBoots, not sure the reasoning behind this one but it was fun to use the animation function.

29 Likes

Thems fighting words

3 Likes

No, the fighting words are I had no clue what it looked like unless I was staring right at it 'cause I…
haven’t played New Vegas.

2 Likes

Really? It’s a pretty fun game.

3 Likes

Play it

1 Like

Didnt have a computer that could run it until 4 was out and then I played 4 and made myself sad XD

1 Like

Why’d it make you sad? Story hit you or it sucked?

It just wasnt very good and I spent too much time trying to mod it into a good game lol.

1 Like

Rip. I liked it but I also like Bethesda rpgs. Played 3, Skyrim and new Vegas before 4 I think.

Fallout 4 is a mediocre game. It might have been alright if the base mechanics weren’t so buggy and someone paid attention to the story way more.

1 Like

Been playing around with some pixel stuff myself lately, tho non-fluffy. Could use some shading to add depth. You already done a bit on the arms in the eyebot pic, why not extend that to the whole thing? Be surprised just how much some light+shadows can add.

I’ve a suspicion it had an axe taken to it the same time paid mods fell through, as Bethesda were likely banking on that for profit, and that whole debacle happened while it was in development. A lot of the ‘skeleton’ of the game is surprisingly well made and versatile, 'specially for modding, but everything on top of that seems rushed and half-assed.
The plot is actual garbage tho. No idea what they were thinking. Voiced protag is to blame for a lot of it, I think.

2 Likes

Looks rad.

And I literally mean the base mechanics. As in the mechanics for making bases/towns. I fucking hate how twitchy they are without mods.

Oh yeah those are definitely one of the half-assed things.
Again the very core of them is well done and then the rest is literally jury-rigged to ‘just’ work.

I’ve been doing this on a pretty simple program on my phone since I’m stuck supervising my grandmother and the shading pen is very lackluster lol. I’m doing a piece right now that has more complex shading, I just started using the regular pen tool and carefully choosing colors instead of trying to use the crappy shading pen.

Yeh that’s defs the way to go about it. Not one I excell at myself being red-green colourblind lmao, for ages I was using dark green for leather and nobody told me -_-

Also if you’re working with such a low resolution, look into Dithering. Main point of it is to create the impression of more colours when working with a limited palette, but can also be helpful to create smoother transitions even when working with big squares.

I’m starting out small and working my way up, though I’ll probably always make 32/64 bit 'cause it’s cute lol. Right now im working more in 128 but I hope to eventually do things similar to Ring of Fire’s comic.

https://fluffy-community.com/t/charming-fluffybooru-id-33279-by-ringoffire/15036

Which is why im working on shading, if you’re curious about how my shading has improved and dont mind controversial chat I’d check it. I tend to post odd things in contro chat and am making an animation embracing that lol.