Postscript: My thoughts as I leave the Fluffy-Community in new hands

I like the flagging idea, but once flagged I think the mods should be the ones to decide what to do with it. The voting and “hall of rejects” tag ideas I don’t know about - they seem like excuses to harass and dog-pile the creators, so you would have to disable comments for the pieces in question, which is going to make those affected feel even more singled out.

Moving the offending piece to the “non-fluffy” category might be enough, in my opinion. But if there’s a plan for what to do with any failed subspecies suggestions in the idea that was talked about above, that might also work for posts deemed too non-fluffy.

3 Likes

those good old invisible boundaries rear their heads again everything is ok till it is not ok , all you are doing is making a slow crawl to defining a fluffy and how far you can push it which is not the way to go

3 Likes

Aaaand now I feel like a jackass.

I blame it on me being born in a land of either brutal honesty or excessive lies.

(What no it cannot be MY fault. Shut up.)

3 Likes

EPIC! :heart:

3 Likes

I can see what you’re saying, definitely. From what I’ve seen posted, I believe that the mods specifically don’t want to be shaping what is and isn’t a fluffy directly as that would entail – or of they do, it is at the same level as a normal user, by creating content.

In my mind, the idea behind putting it to some kind of vote is to allow the definition of fluffy media to be shaped and reshaped by the community.

I’d note that apparently harassment happens anyway, or so I’ve heard. I think the antidote to dogpiling could largely be as simple as the mods dismissing the abusive flagging of generally acceptable works.

To be clear, I’m trying to work in the direction of a system of checks and balances, without putting a greater burden on our much-loved and already overworked mods, while also allowing for a significant degree of flexibility in judgement and malleability in definition. I think most of us would agree that the idea of what a fluffy is has never been static, and that it probably should stay that way.

Edit to add: I agree about the “Hall of Rejects”, not a good idea on the face of it. I do think it would be helpful for people to have some examples of what hasn’t been received well by the community, but how to go about doing that, I have no idea…

2 Likes

oh? are we airing out dirty laundry?

because the main reason i initially wanted to leave a few months ago was because the discord was the main point of interaction for me.

that place is a disgusting toxic shithole.

between the constant, un-ending reposts that is worse than the reddit, utterly sapping what little motivation i had, and the edgy retards who post schitzo shit in the fucking meme tab, and the faggot co-creator who name dropped me for daring to call that shit out, my only real interaction with the community had become combative.

it’s only now months later without interacting with the community and things turning for the better for me that feel the inspiration for fluffy content come back.

still have utterly no interest in interacting with either the discord or subreddit.

Haha

I know how you feel.

The advice I was given: just assume everyone has a mental disability and simply does not know any better.

1 Like

Comics are just the best.

2 Likes

That’s one of the best descriptions of human society I ever did see.

1 Like

Agreed :heart:

1 Like

I feel like clarifying what I meant, since I mispoke.

Subspecies such as Microfluffies, Aqua/Seafluffies, Cowfluffs, Kitsune Fluffies and other similar concepts are not only fine by me, but I actually like them a lot, because…

All these subspecies behave, reason and die like regular fluffies do. Their “improvements” are either incredibly tame, or get balanced by new weaknesses.

Micros can hide more easily (if they shut up) and procreate more, but are even weaker than a regular fluffy.

Kitsunes have more tails.

Seafluffies can face the dreaded water, but suffocate without it. Also fishing.

Cowfluffs just make more milk and feed more babies.

Stuff like this can easily add to a story’s narrative, because you can delve deeper into how regular fluffies interact with them in multiple ways.

What I deeply dislike, personally, is how certain “subspecies” either share way too little with the original creature, or when said species are superior in every shape or form to bog-standard fluffies.

For instance, most Cannibal Fluffies are usually able to butcher a herd 1v19 without breaking a sweat. Their teeth are razor-sharp at birth, when other fluffies have to wait until they are weanlings, their muscles allow them to sometimes jump a human and kill them.

Or the aforementioned viruses, who basically are the Flood from Halo but they talk in babyspeak. Able to use tools to skin fluffies alive, force themselves down their throats an back out…

Usually, whenever I stumble upon a story involving similar concepts I rarely get to the end saying “wow, what a twist!” (It has happened), mostly ending up skimming over lines upon lines of regular fluffies being trounced or simply shoved in the background, not even secondary characters.

This is how I feel about it. Tastes and opinions may indeed differ.

7 Likes

I actually have so much Kitsune Fluffy backstory.
But they have weaknesses beyond being fluffies.
They are very very tail orientated.

Three tails or more is a sign of status Six tails automatically means the bestest Kitsune fluffy around. ( amongst them)
Two tailed Kitsune Fluffies are shunned and have inferiority issues.
One tail Kitsune Fluffies are depressed.
and you may as well end no tail Kitsune Fluffies they are either int he wan die loop or catatonic.

To a kitsune fluffy tails are everything, with out them they aren’t a Kitsune Fluffy anymore.
Just fluffy, they value their tails more then even their leggies.

The best way to hurt a Kitsune Fluffy is to remove their tails bit by bit, till there is nothing left.
And those tails are easy to grab and to stamp on as well.

Right lore dump over.

2 Likes

While we’re still misappropriating this topic from its intended purpose;

Can we get a ruling on micro-editing from @staff

I’m not going back on my pledge to leave y’alls alone.

But a certain especially mentally defective person keeps disrupting how topics are presented in a shallow and obvious bid to garner new readers.

Xoxo gossip girl

What are you doing here then?

1 Like

You can ask Virgil for more information, whenever he’s available, but my intent is to leave the staff alone.

Strictly speaking I’m just here to support creators I have come to consider my friends.

2 Likes

That’s just a very roundabout way of saying “i didn’t actually left”

2 Likes

If I know who you’re talking about, they haven’t posted since July.
They’ve only been editing their work.

2 Likes

Would you prefer the alternative?

They edit their shit and it gets treated as new in the feed.

1 Like