Preserved stillborn ( by: LostDauphin )

Is it like the worm in the bottom of a bottle of tequila? :wink:

6 Likes

@Jaro45 @Aurix
Alcohol made from fluffies sounds interesting.

8 Likes

Yep, serve and enjoy :wink:

4 Likes

How would that work? Grind’em up and ferment the paste?

Wait! @FluffiesAreFood can you give us a hand here?

2 Likes

In my country we have something called Mamajuana, it is a container with aromatic tree bark and turtle skin.
You put honey in it, you let it sweeten and then you put the alcoholic drink you want inside and let it rest a little before drinking it so that it permeates the flavor.
I suppose it would be similar, only foals instead of turtleskin.
I will make some more elaborate drawings soon explaining the idea better.

6 Likes

Also see: Habushu - Wikipedia

My heritage. I’ll…pass on it though!

5 Likes

Oh. Ooooooooh.

1 Like

Some say the fluid tastes like spaghetti.

2 Likes

Most “animal” alcohols are actually some variety of carbohydrate + yeast → ethanol combined with animal products for flavoring. Think of bacon-infused vodka as an example. And, I could certainly see vodka infused with: fried foal sausage, grilled leggie, grilled fluffy steak, raw fluffy steak, etc.

In my headcanon, fluffies have a lot of sugars in their tissues for an extra burst of energy in emergencies. The best way to extract those sugars is from the fluffy’s tears (and I have an entire article on “rum” made from those tears). I could certainly see a specialty Fluffy Rum infused with fluffy flavors as described above.

Now, the scenario you’re talking about, fermenting fluffy tissues into ethanol, is the least likely and the most difficult under any realistic scenario. Fluffies have some carbohydrates but like most animals they are mostly fat and protein, and fats and proteins get in the way of the fermentation process. It’s not very likely to taste good.

5 Likes

Keep it, leave it in the house to show its mother her failure everyday.

1 Like

You read my mind, I plan to draw that.

2 Likes

Be sure to show the father too. He clearly didn’t bring her enough Nummies or help enough.

3 Likes

I’ve had Hubushu and yeah, it’s not for everyone.

2 Likes

And That! is why I ask questions. I learn all sorts of interesting and exotic stuff. Thanks @LostDauphin @Chikahiro and @FluffiesAreFood for chiming in! Seriously people, thanks for humoring my random brain tangents.

And yeah, **FluffiesAreFood **I kinda figured that fluffy paste would make for crappy drinking alcohol. Medicinal grade maybe.
I was trying to get the most use out of a fluffy that I could. No waste products, essentially.

3 Likes

“Waste not, want not!”

2 Likes

Ah yes, the beginning stages of Happy potion.

Moesius would be proud.

1 Like

I like to think this is a magical potion from some fucked up fantasy universe.
Every type of fluffy gives you different effects: earthies give you health plus a boost to your toughness, unicorns give you mana and boost your magical abilities, pegasi raise speed and dodge, and alicorns fully heal you and replenish your mana plus a random stronger boost.
Of course, fresh ingredients are better, thus some alchemists prefer to get the baby “straight from the oven” for maximum efficiency.

2 Likes

I love that idea, I’ll put it on my to-draw list when I’m done with this section on alcohols.

1 Like

This is bullet kind of drink

1 Like

Ok but it looks so darling, a perfect little baby, too bad it passed. A very wonderful art style!!

2 Likes