Princess Pinky (Author: Carpdime) (FB id: 23693)

13tnbyme98z51

Princess Pinky

“Look, its not like I have another choice. I couldn’t book a spot at the fluffy overnight care center at the last minute…and there is no way I can take Pinky with me. My dad just hates fluffies.”
You could see her eyes turn sour at the mention of her father. Must be an abuser.
“You know I’d like to help but…” You don’t mean it. “…my place is kinda small and it’s already pretty crowded as it is.”
She cocked her head to the side and gave you a dumfounded look.
“You mean?”
“Well I mean, I already have a fluffy to take care of. I don’t think I can handle another one.”
She smirked.
“That fluffy in a flask thing you bought is still alive??”
“Foal in a can.” You corrected.
“Okay…look that’s perfect! You already have all the food and toys for a fluffy! I don’t even need to teach you how to keep a fluffy.” She suddenly paused as if deep in thought. “Your fluffy is vaccinated right??”
You didn’t even know there were vaccinations for fluffies…
“Look it doesn’t matter.” She shook her head, as if talking to herself. “It’s just one night…”
You weren’t convinced. Her expression turned downcast, dipping her head she gave you the most adorable set of puppy eyes.
You melted. What a cheap trick.
“Yeah fine.” You grunted. “Suppose one night should be okay…”

So that’s how you found yourself in the custody of two little fluffies. Princess Pinky (yeah, that’s what she really is called) was a typical pet shop fluffy. A popular bubblegum pink color with a flowing mane of violet. She cried inconsolably for the first hour after her owner left, but she seemed to calm down after you turned on the radio to HiphopFM.

“Awocado dun wike dis music daddeh. Music make heaw pwaces huwties!” Your little green fluffy covered his ears with his hooves after hearing the radio. Cheeky bastard.

To your surprise, after Pinky calmed down, she was actually quite an amiable fluffy. She wasn’t some precious, spoilt fluffy that you had expected. Pinky was actually extremely thoughtful and considerate. After pooping in the litter box, she would even kick some litter over her waste to cover the smell. Avocado could learn a thing or two from Pinky.

The two little fluffies began interacting as the day wore on. As she gained confidence in her surroundings, Pinky started playing with Avocado’s blockies. They would take turns stacking one block on top of each other and when the last block was stacked, they took turns knocking the tower over. At that point they would share a giggle together and restart the stacking sequence. They spent a good half hour repeating the same sequence over and over, giggling the same silly way each and every time.

Happy to see them entertaining themselves and glad to finally get some personal time after spending an unbearable hour placating a wailing fluffy, you jumped at the chance to get some serious gaming done. That Plehstation 5 of yours wasn’t going to pleh itself.

The moment you powered on the machine and slapped on your headphones, you could feel the nudge of a small fluffy animal at your feet.

Begrudgingly, you turned your attention to Avocado who was standing next to you.

“Daddeh. Awocado an Pwinkie wan pway wunnies in da pawk!”
You rolled your eyes.
“No Avocado, daddy has some very important things to do. We can go to the park later.”
Pinky, who was standing a little behind Avocado waddled forward. Those pitiful, doe like eyes piercing into your hidden hugboxer soul.
“Pwease daddeh?”
Avocado tugged weakly at the headphone cord. Nothing that would threaten to dislodge them, but annoying nonetheless.

What a bad idea it was to agree to this babysitting. Looks like another wasted day spent outside in the great outdoors. You gave up trying to resist and grabbed the leash from the cupboard. Only problem was that you only had one leash. You couldn’t risk one of the fluffies getting out of control and throwing themselves under a car like your cousin Harry’s bratty fluffy. Poor sucker screamed for a full minute with its rear section mashed up by the car. Oh no, that can’t happen.

You quickly threw the collar around Pinky’s neck and clipped on the leash.
“Yay! Dank you daddeh!” She said cheerfully.
Avocado jumped up and down.
“Awocado wan weash too! Weash daddeh! Pwease??!!”
“Yeah patience buddy.”
He nodded and sat quietly.
Dental floss. That would have to do. You threw a few loops of the floss around the green fluffy’s neck, making a knot when secure and giving it a tug to make sure everything was OK.
“Owwies daddeh! Weash nu fee gud!” Avo complained.
“Do you want to go to the park or not?”
At the mention of the word ‘park’ little Avo bounced excitedly and hugged Pinky. Pinky, a little startled, gently pushed Avo away.
“Let’s go then. Wouldn’t want to miss out on the beautiful sunshine.”

You and the fluffies had only spent around five minutes at the park when the heavens opened. Both Avo and Pinky made a bee line towards you, shrieking in fear and bawling their eyes out.
“Aiieee daddeh! Fwuffy scawed! Sky wawa nu good for fwuffy!!” Pinky came running back first. Shivering at your feet with her hooves over her eyes.
“There there, it’s just a little rain. You’re not going to drown.”
“Fwuffy dwown???” Pinky exclaimed in panic.
“No! I mean…”
“Daddeh!!! Awocado nu wan pway in pawk nu mowe!! Wan housie and neva gu pawk again!! Nu wan dwown!!”

You sighed heavily, the rain started belting down. You quickly grabbed one fluffy in each arm and made your way home. Both fluffies held on for dear life. Pinky’s head was buried deep into the makeshift nest that the folds of your jumper provided. On the other arm, Avo had become much more settled. His eyes scanned the street environment, occasionally he would call out “Wook daddeh! Metaw munstah!” as a car rolled by.

Home finally. You pulled out the biggest and plushest towel that you could find and made a little nest on your bed. Gently placing the sleeping Pinky into the nest, she cooed softly and wriggled into the comforting folds of the towel. Avocado was awake but he was extremely tired form the outing. You decided to place him next to Pinky so that he could dry off and also get some rest. He softly wrapped his front legs around Pinky in a tender embrace. His eyes became heavy and he too started to coo softly into an eventual slumber.

You smiled to yourself. What an adorable scene. With presence of mind you took a quick snap of the sleeping fluffies with your phone. You sent the photo to the number that the girl left you. Within a minute you received a message back. A simple “thanks” and a heart emoticon. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad day after all.

25 Likes

Cute. Part two in the works, or do they sleep peacefully? Any nighttime wakies and poopies?

Aw, it’s good to see some old fashioned hugbox. I liked it :slight_smile:

~

This is the last of the four stories that Carpdime wrote about the Avocadoverse during his classic period of 2014 to 2016. The blonde mentioned in this story was first mentioned in The New Mummah. . At the time, she was not yet named, but Carpdime eventually settled for the name of Amy.

Fun fact: in the original draft of this story Pinky was originally named “Pinkie”, but I edited the story to replace the “ie” with “y” per the current version of the fluffy’s name, and also to prevent confusion with the MLP character of the same name. Yto put into context, Carpdime was not familiar with MLP during his classic period. Lastly, I used the cover art from Pinky having ravioli as the cover art for this piece, but Carpdime or I might change it to something more fitting if need be.

It’ll be a while before I get to this part of the story, but uploading it for the sake of the upcoming Avocadoverse index.

1 Like

Nice pick up on the “Pinkie” vs “Pinky” difference. We’ve spoken about this before, but it is my conspiracy theory that fluffy ponies are a gateway drug to My Little Pony. :joy:

4 Likes

Dont give them ideas

1 Like

Carp did another pic in that regard, which was an illustration from a story on the booru

A right proper toff.

Pinky is very well trained!

1 Like

There is a point were a proper rearing is internalized, & becomes sensibility.