Product Recall (Fluffsploder)

Fluffies and their foals can sometimes slip through the cracks in production and must be eliminated before they can escape into the wilds and damage the ecosystem. While they aren’t especially difficult targets to hit, their resilience make them hard to kill quickly, and their ability to rapidly reproduce can be a nightmare for any company who cannot control their stock.

Skilled marksmen became valuable assets for product control, as they were often capable of recalling faulty products while negating overhead in ammo costs by hitting several targets at once: Something that would become a sort of internal competition in the industry, with the best of the best highly sought after by more prestigious biotoy distrubuters.

A more sketchy style than usual but man I started, stopped and scrapped this thing a billion times over. I really have a thing for eyes popping, don’t I?

41 Likes

textures are fabulous

4 Likes

<3

1 Like

Looks pretty good. Also anyone else thinking the slrnder rectangular pupil on the right eye vaguely reminds anyone of the artstyle of Invader Zim?

Good eye! I loved Zim and read pretty much all of Jhonen Vasquezs’ works as a kid, so I’ve taken some cues from his art style over the years. I adore the way he does ultra expressive eyes and extremes in poses- I don’t think I’ll ever get those parts down, but it’s a very unique style.

2 Likes

It’s cool but using guns on them has always been something weird to me. A stick with a nail attached to it would suffice.

2 Likes

Call it a PR thing maybe! Companies look better if they can spin recalls as “Handled efficiently with traditional hunting methods” - give game hunters and working Joes a little extra cash during the off-season. Takes one whistleblower to record employees kicking one to death and chasing down screaming foals to get the activists on your ass.

I like to think smaller companies wouldn’t give a shit about even losing a few fluffies here and there, much less disposing of them. This is for bigger companies who are more strictly regulated.

1 Like

Or gas spray since they arent very mobile

1 Like