PSA (Artist: OtherOtherCoraline)

Because all the one use abuse foal things have absolutely no impact at ALL on the market. Nope, it’s ALL hugboxers. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Hence the winky face. Hugboxers are great.

This was just a comic about the scary truth that this type of thing happens in real life. There are instances (anecdotal) of people taking stray cats thinking they are doing a good deed when in reality they’ve stolen a mother away from her litter of kittens and have doomed the poor hopeless kittens :frowning:

As awful as it is, it humanizes fluffies a bit when we put them in situations that real animals face in the real world. That’s why we need hugboxers, to show us the happy when we hit a little too close to home.

3 Likes

May of your other comments suggest otherwise, but okay.

However, yes, this is a thing that happens in real life
but I feel it would be easier to tell if a fluffy has a family because they can actually talk to tell you.

5 Likes

Yeah, I had to make the human insanely obtuse. I can see it breaking the willing suspension of disbelief for a lot of people. But I’m no good at hugbox, and there are LOT of great hugbox contributors already doing awesome jobs, so I like to contribute to the site with sadbox. Even if my stuff isn’t awesome, I’m trying. And hopefully getting better with practice.

6 Likes

Wait how does THAT works? “Hugboxers” are the one increasing demands that create MORE fluffies, but there’s very FEW “hugboxers” anyway because the general populace got pissed by fluffies being disease carriers and would rather they DIE than live?

In regards to the drawing, I feel like the premise of this comic would have worked much better if you forgo the “hug mode” stuff. Like the limited nature of fluffspeak along with their clumsy movement should’ve been enough of a ‘hindrance’ that causes the misunderstanding.

Just have the fluffy accidentally fall backwards when he try to back away and the human misinterpreting that gesture as trying to “hug” while at the same time keep interrupting the fluffy’s attempt to keep explaining that he need to help his special friend in an I-know-better-than-you-do mindset. You know, things that can actually happen in real life if fluffies existed based on precedents with real life pets. Because otherwise the premise of this comic is “Hugboxers do more fluffy harm and damage than they realize
 because of this thing I just made up”

This feels like we’re going “backward” to the era when the community lost it’s damn mind and started making shit up like "when fluffy apologizes but not using it’s name, they are LYING" or “when fluffy cries in ‘huu huu’, they don’t actually feel sad but are actually trying to GUILT TRIP YOU”. Just the constant retcon of all the mundane act that fluffies do as something much more insidious than they should be.

1 Like

Wow. This post pushed some buttons for a few people. I never gotten so much malice for a post before.

“Huggie Pose” was one-off for this comic. I did this comic a while ago, and portraying a fluffy tripping over itself in a non-cringey way was beyond my ability. Maybe I’ll redo it once I get better.

My “hugboxers keep demand up” comment was in jest. Hence the winky face.

This comic was done as a reflection of the (sad) reality that people can cause harm when they think they are doing good. There are (anecdotal) stories of people “helping” a stray cat when in reality they just deprived the cat’s kittens of a mother and left the kittens to fend for themselves. This comic was meant to reflect that. But fluffies can speak, so I had to make the humans insanely obtuse and throw in a on-off “headcanon for this comic only” huggie-pose.

Hugboxers are taking this post as a personal attack (or non-hugboxers are feeling offended on behalf for hugboxers for a slight that doesn’t exist), which I think is wild. This is a comic about a specific situation where a hugboxer could be doing more damage than they realize. Not a blanket statement that “Hugboxers cause more suffering than abusers!”

10 Likes

I think it’s ironic how toxic and gate keeping some hugboxers can be since they’re supposed to be the “nicer” side of the fandom yet will be like the above on posts, picking every little thing apart. I thought it was a fun little tragedy in your comic.

5 Likes

You say that, but the reality is that abusers have had a similar history of toxicity and gatekeeping. If anything, the decline of the booru can be attributed to constant drama. I would point out that some excessive abusers have done hate art of hugbox or non-abuse OCs. The easiest way to look at it was the decline in collaborations and competitions on the booru, as people stopped being nicer to each other, with one of the last collab attempts, started by Squeakyfriend, being shitposted by GWN. (and I haven’t even gone into the discord drama that preceded the booru’s final demise)

I am of the opinion that ‘shaming’ any one side for their views is wrong. Some of us hate fluffies, sure, but some of us want happen to love them (myself included). And I think both sides should have ample space to air their opinions and likes.

4 Likes

When I saw that comment I was more thinking of the uncontrolled greed on Hasbio or any other corporation. Confirmation bias leading to further flooding the market despite the actual evidence (in your headcanon). They’re shipping out products that because of their biotoy labelling probably allows them ignore animal rights practices that would have actually prevent decimation of other species and resources.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can see this.

My problem is that I “ironically” hate fluffies. I like getting into character and just lambasting them. But honestly, there are some REALLY good hugbox creators on this new site and I’m beginning to really enjoy it.

Maybe we could have a tag or symbol when we are acting “in character”? Like sarcasm has /s, maybe we could use /headcanon or something so people know we aren’t attacking them or their work, but the ideas of fluffies in general? Just spit balling here.

Though I am one of those people who need to be better about not contaminating hugbox posts with mean-spirited (if sarcastic) comments. So I’ll def do better with that.

7 Likes

I really like this train of thought. But it’s more the fault of those who are indifferent than the extremes. Fluffies, in my headcanon, are kind of an archaic trend of days past that make no sense anymore, like 9-month school-years instead of year round school, or daylight savings. The purposes those served are no longer needed (children are no longer needed to help with the tending and harvest, for example), but they are still around. Fluffies are like that. They here, but remain on sheer momentum. Like nobody can push for an all-out ban on breeding since fluffies are just a fact of life now and nobody could ever enforce a no-abuse rule after they’ve been used as stress balls for so long. Fluffies are just a part of life now.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

YES!! I found you!! I’ve seen your posts on reddit but was unsure if those were repost or from the autor (there were a lot of dubbed videos too)
This one is one of my favorites <3

3 Likes

:smiley:

Love what this site is becoming. Your posts are amazeballs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

idoits exist

2 Likes

that sounds like a humain thing to do and as a abuser i can agree with this if i were a hugboxer

1 Like

But please at least have fun when your fluffy hunts

That is a sad hugbox. Nice to see how being polite can going wrong.

3 Likes

Hahahaha, stupid mare, doesn’t gonna look for food on herself.

1 Like

Most of these fluffies would’ve met a horrible end either way.