Questions About Sea-Fluffies

Then would the notoriously liquidy sorry-poopies diffuse into the water like a squid’s ink cloud?

6 Likes

Perhaps their poop is like goldfish poop and sometimes stays attached to their buttholes in a long string?

4 Likes

Aquafluffies, my headcanon’s seafluffies, are amphibious, because they were created for the Hydroxians, a race of amphibious aliens who really wanted fluffies, but knew that regular fluffies would drown in their homes. Hydroxians can live on dry land, but they still need to immerse themselves in water frequently. Their cities have a lot of water features, and their houses have baths in every room.

So aquafluffies can just get out of the water to poop. Like Hydroxians, they need to get some dip on a regular basis, but they don’t need to spend all of their time in the water.

Mentally speaking, they’re still fluffies, so they need the same amount of stimulation a regular fluffy needs.

As for food, they’re just as omnivorous as regular fluffies, they can eat regular kibble, though they have a preference for seafood, and there’s now fish flavored kibble for seafluffies. I’ve covered some of this already in “Little Hydrox”, and I’ll probably be covering more in a later story, because I love the idea of nonhumans owning fluffies.

2 Likes

My head canon is that they’re invasive possum sized mammals rather than cuddly aquarium pets. Those would be micro sea fluffies (aquafluffies). You could use them for aquaculture, but there are so many better options.

Don’t let that discourage you from writing your own interpretation. Sea fluffies aren’t as firmly established as other species, so innovate away.

3 Likes

Usually they are depicted as eating water plants like kelp and only rarely eat fish, at least in most stories.

In some of the older material they don’t like spaghetti like normal fluffies but rather their equivalent is squid, which they call “squiddies”

2 Likes

Like a real life goldfish. Nature’s moronic assholes.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, too! Can you imagine sea fluffies vying for food versus giant catfish? shudders

3 Likes

That is horrifically cute

3 Likes

So like this but with an enclosed play area and protection for the lettuce. The poop gets filtered to feed the plants while the seafluffies get to play with small caves with light-up paint inside to keep them from being too scared of the dark.

5 Likes

That’s really smart :heart:
tbh I didn’t even factor in how Sea-Fluffs would be scared of the dark, just like normal fluffs.

3 Likes

In my headcanon, there’s a few different kinds of fluffies commonly called “seafluffies” or “aquafluffies”.

One is formally called a fishfluffy and it’s exactly what it says on the tin; a fish-like, water-breathing fluffy.
These would die in minutes if out of the water.
There are a few different variants tailored after different types of fish, but since they’re still fluffies, none of them are carnivorous even if the animal they’re based off of is.
Most fishfluffies are based off of goldfish, koi, or livebearers (guppies, mollies, platies, etc.).

The non-fish seafluffies are all variants of a more mammalian type.
Some of these are sea lion/seal-like, others dugong/manatee-like, and there’s also the occasional walrus-like or dolphin-like variants.

The sea lion type (and the walrus type) can move about on land fairly well and often comes out of the water to rest.
The seal type can move about on land too, but not as well. It also will come out of the water to rest.

The manatee/dugong type can somewhat move on land, but not very far, and only does so if it spots food (especially spaghetti, of course).

The dolphin type can’t move on land at all.
Being fluffies, these get beached much more often than the animals they resemble, leading to a slow and painful death for the fluffy due to either dehydration, overheating, or even being crushed by its own weight (NOTE: They’re heavy compared to normal fluffies, but they’re still not heavy or strong enough to harm humans or other animals).

1 Like