R&D Funding Proposal: Cuttlefluffs (TG_89)

Of all the random ideas that emerge when I’m lying in bed, this one is probably the least combination of bad + stupid.

That said, when you’re competing with such ideas as “Turning fluffies into walking hosts for parisitoid wasps as a form of garden pest control”, that’s being damned with faint praise.

On the off chance you happen to be an expert on bioluminescence and/or cuttlefish biology, I refuse to apologise for my complete bastardisation of the biological sciences.

Yes, I will freely admit this eventually transformed into a desire to push myself a little and draw a couple of (hopefully) cute fluffies with some weird patterns, that for once aren’t suffering some form of physical or emotional torment (or both). That said, I feel like this is straying dangerously close to ‘technicolour Sonic the hedgehog OC’ style. Who knows, we’ll see.

As always, feedback and/or critique is both welcomed and invited.

120 Likes

"Anything but cuttlefluffs "

Marketing is giving the go ahead on the name just to piss off the Funding branch lead.

17 Likes

I greatly enjoy Red-Ink’s commentary.

11 Likes

This is a simple yet great idea. Nice work TG. can absolutely see some more of this in the near future.

2 Likes

Fucking amazing. Bravo.

Genetic defect: mine sprays ink when confronted or threatened, replace my sofa please.

10 Likes

Kaleidofluffs

8 Likes

“Anything but cuttlefluffs.”

Ok fuck nugget you try doing better if you’re such a fucking smartass.

8 Likes

I want one that glows blue please. Lol.

2 Likes

could we vote to name the cuttle one just to piss off a certain someone ~ in the funding department?

5 Likes

“No, no, no! No. It’s got to be warm and fuzzy- something like, um, Cuttlefluff… but not so lame.”

“Wow, check out these Cuttlefluffs!”

In all seriousness, they’re lovely! The deep sea samples are adorable.

4 Likes

winner, this is definitely the most marketable name

1 Like

Why do I want one of this with Asparagus???

1 Like

All the commentary makes it extra funny.

Also as they change their colour like chameleons how about Chamofluffs.

2 Likes

OMG, THIS is an INCREDIBLE IDEA!

I’m doing a comic about this!

4 Likes

awesome
also i hate to be that guy, but hollow hair is actually a great insulation mechanism,polar bears have them
but still they would probably die due to overheating after too much sun exposure,so yeah they would be horrible as ferals anyways

6 Likes

shit

just, uh, pretend i said that instead

4 Likes

The the orange to purple fluffy really reminded me of those plastic toys Hasbro used to make that changed color if you ran it through warm water, Maybe a fluffy that changes color depending if you run it through cold or warm water could be a good idea.

Even though water is bad for babies.

4 Likes

ohhhhhhh i love these!

If they would over heat due to too much insulation, let them loose somewhere cold like Canada, Alaska, or maybe the Siberian wilderness in the middle of winter. Problem solved!

I’m sure there has to be people in those places who have abandoned their fluffies in the woods, or maybe the fluffy got out of their yard through the nigh omnipresent hole in the fence. So I wouldn’t be surprised if these little guys were living as ferals out there.

2 Likes

I love the running commentary in the margins.

Absolutely hilarious.

2 Likes