fluffies and the musical hamilton

4 Likes

Idk if that’s a full thought.

3 Likes

I’m not feeling it.

2 Likes

What about fluffies in “cats”?

3 Likes

Never seen it but I like the idea of fluffies doing musicals to one up dancey babehs

2 Likes

Rent

2 Likes

fluffies with aids…

2 Likes

I actually touched on that very idea.

Kind of. It’s not an actual thing yet, but it’s being worked on in-universe and out. The character writing it in-universe is currently working on a different musical.

Although if it does become an actual thing, it’ll be humans in fluffy costumes, because A: fluffies would probably forget their lines, B: that’s how they did it with Cats, C: theater is intense and fluffies fold like origami under pressure, and D: fluffies can’t really sing that well.

I mean, a musical with an all-fluffy cast would be hilarious to watch, but the character I’m talking about wants to make it to Broadway.

2 Likes

Bit of a complicated script that has such intense requirements for exact timing.

Anthros only, I’d say.

3 Likes

yeah just imagine the number of Karens getting angry that their babies arent getting the part

1 Like

Or, like I suggested, human actors in costumes.

It worked for Cats, didn’t it? It worked for the Lion King. So it can work for a fluffy musical, too.

And human actors is pretty much the only feasible option for someone who doesn’t want anthro fluffies in their headcanon.

3 Likes

I suppose there is the idea of Fluffies becoming far smarter as they manage to survive and experience life beyond baby speak from owners, FluffTV, and hugs.

Life expectancy of two months, maximum healthspan of twenty five years and maximum lifespan of thirty five.

3 Likes

True, but that ain’t gonna happen overnight, even if the smartest man on the planet is working on it.

Until then, human actors will do.

Plus, you’re forgetting, fluffies don’t have hands.

That’s a serious disadvantage in theater, because they can’t really do any of the dramatic gestures.

2 Likes

oh dang this gonna be serious takes out notebook

2 Likes

I hate breaking my promise to stop bringing up my headcanon so much, but fluffy actors are already a thing in my headcanon.

But they’re television actors, so if mistakes are made, it’s not an issue like it would be in a live performance. You can’t dub over a flubbed line in theater.

2 Likes

Beyond holding pistols and feigning writing it wasn’t that heavy on props as I recall.

Phantom and Cats would be very hard though.

I think Fluffies could easily manage Theatron and Noh performances though.

The issue for all work is their voices. Its rarely made a rule that they cannot harmonize if taught (I went with the instinct songs having no instinctual vocal talent, but some having natural talent and most being able to learn if they care to), but they’ll still sound like babbling children. Like The Goonies, with helium.

3 Likes

Honestly, working with fluffy actors is all the worst parts of working with child actors and working with animal actors combined.

Except the fact that fluffies usually aren’t protected by the law like children and animals are.

You can’t just break a kid’s neck and bring an identical kid in if the kid is being a prima donna.

3 Likes

It would also likely be easy to just have Fluffies mime speaking then dub it. We’re instinctively able to recognize human lips not matching up, Fluffies likely would be far harder to detect.

3 Likes

I bet Tara Strong could do a good fluffy voice.

And she’ll do it too, you’ve seen how busy she’s been. She’s in damn near everything. She finally found a way into the MCU.

There’s just no escaping her, is there?

3 Likes

nope and ill galdy accept that

2 Likes