Random weirdbox (InfraredTurbine)

Something that I drew yesterday randomnly xD

always funny to draw these with these poses using both hands to be like " dude! "

For commissions and free friendship, come and talk any time!

52 Likes

“Fluffy with horn and wings, you are different and therefore unnerving to look at. I shall now beat you for fear of cannibalism.”

“I am deeply saddened by these turns of events.”

17 Likes

2 Likes

I love everything about these two. Brilliant!

The style you used here strongly reminds me of the sort of weirdness you’d find in the work of Kate Beaton, who created the legendary comic Hark! A Vagrant.

1 Like

then I think I should do more of these too some other day
this one below that I made based on a red and stimpy should make you happy too xD

Pic

4 Likes

Yes, I remember that pic! I love how well you captured the style of R & S without just copying the character designs.

Re: the Beaton similarity, two specific things that struck me were the narrowed eyes and the way they are pointing at each other. You noted that yourself. In the case of Hark! A Vagrant, Beaton would frequently depict historical characters making gestures or using slang that was wildly anachronistic. In your comic, the equivalent to that is how the fluffies are talking and posing in ways that aren’t even physically possible, yet somehow seem appropriate (and funny.)

1 Like

thank you!!! :3

Now for a real challenge, do fluffies in Mike Mignola’s style (the creator of Hellboy, for those unfamiliar.). : P

Come to think if it, I dont remember seeing anyone try that; in fact, I’m not sure what that would look like. The closest I can think of are those incredibly creepy ultra realistic pictures of mutant fluffies by…what was the name? Care Bear Stare or something like that? Though Mignola’s art is far more stylized, that is the closest equivalent in terms of creepiness I can think of.

2 Likes

“Foolish mate, you are an unfit mother. You are ugly and unintelligent.”

“No, it is you who is unintelligent and unpleasant looking, and you are the reason all the offspring we’ve produced are likewise of substandard intellect.”

“Your remarks have brought me great sadness. I do not understand your reasoning for doing so, is it that you no longer feel affection for me?”

“Mother, I too am concerned. Also I require milk as my stomach is suffering cramps due to acute malnutrition.”

“I wish to echo my sibling in saying that the aforementioned cramps are amongst the most painful sensation I’ve yet endured. I am but a small infant, mother. I beseech you to aid me.”

6 Likes

No joke in this whole art scene is as funny to me as painfully precise and clinical fluffspeak.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Why I see them like to appear in Cow and Chicken skit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

Drill the mare and kill her. Give the foal a milkmare and the guy a new mare.

1 Like