Rare Squeakyfriend Sub-species (Artist: SqueakyFriend)

I’ve been seeing so many people talking about sub-species and stuff, I may as well toss in my own. I don’t know if bunnyfluffs are a thing, but the other two are guaranteed Squeaky Originals. All have been drawn before, but only once or so each, so…

1. Bunnyfluffs
Some people theorize that fluffies have bunny DNA, with how much they reproduce, and these guys seem to support that idea because apparently… Bunnies and fluffies can cross-breed?! The result is these guys! Pegasi seem a tad more common for some reason, but all types exist.

Advantages:
Faster than regular fluffies, love to run
Got a sharp li’l tooth for better nibbling
Better hearing
Carrots are a viable substitute for sketties

Disadvantages:
Sensitive to loud noises and easily startled
Lack of hooves makes their feet more tender and easy to damage, which is also more likely to happen due to their running around
Will gnaw on everything, including deadly cables
Probably eat their own babies when stressed out

2. Fluffaroo / Kangafluff
With the existence of fluffies, it was only a matter of time before someone thought “what if they were bipedal?” For some reason picking a kangaroo for that idea, the result is this bootleg creation: A fluffy with very tiny front legs, flatter hind legs, and a pouch to store things in! They enjoy picking up and stashing anything small enough in their pouches, no matter what it is, and as they’re a rather gimmicky creature their mindset revolves heavily around pocketing items.

Advantages:
Can carry small things for you! Great for keeping track of keys and similar, and will give back whatever you gave them once asked.
Waddle around like penguins.
Sometimes forget they’re bipedal and try to walk on all fours, leading them to adorably scoot around on their bellies instead. Not if their pouch contains anything though.
Their front paws are better equipped for holding things, so they can hold onto larger items for you.

Disadvantages:
They have kleptomaniac tendencies; if it fits in their pouch, they will take it and put it in their pouch. Car keys, rocks, other fluffies’ foals, toys, food, gross bugs you absolutely do not want indoors…
If you did not ask them to pocket the item they’ve pocketed, they may refuse to give it to you when you ask.
They will cry if you take the contents of their pouch by force, even if it only contained rocks.
They will also cry if you try to wash their pouch, even if it’s because they put spaghetti sauce in it.
Their waddly walk makes them a little bit slower than normal fluffies. If they try to run away they default to running on all fours, which may damage whatever was placed in their pouch.
Their name is a bit close to “fluffalo” which can cause confusion, especially if you have a lisp.

3. Pull-Pop Fluffy:
Technically not a sub-species because these cannot breed naturally! Pull-Pop fluffies are another bootleg creation, a synthetic fluffy made to appeal to abusers. You can rip off its every limb without creating gore and shit to clean up, and then put it back together again how you like! For less violent uses, it’s a very malleable fluffy where you can decide whether it’s an alicorn, a pegasus or an earthie today!

Advantages:
More durable than regular fluffies.
Great stress balls since you can assemble and disassemble them how you like.
Do not shit or eat.
Are not scared of alicorns, since they can become one with ease.
It can control its head and body separately, so you can pull its head off and hide it then watch the body stumble around in search of it.
You can swap the heads of two pull-pop fluffies and watch the ensuing confusion, too.

Disadvantages:
Cannot breed (obviously).
Not as fluffy or soft as the real deal.
Have a bad habit of losing pieces, possibly due to poor construction. You look away for a second and bam, your pull-pop fluffy is missing its tail.
Only come in gray - if you want other colors, you have to spraypaint it.
Their manes and tails are rigid and not particularly fluffy or modifiable, though there are a few different variants you can swap between.
Require an outlet to recharge every now and then, so areas with no electricity are not recommended.
May try to eat/drink despite not being able to, leading to a messy or (in worst case) short-circuited fluffy.
May put anything you remove back on, as they prefer being “whole”.
Wake up when interacted with but have no “off” button. Once it’s awake, you’re stuck with it until it has to recharge.

28 Likes

I kinda like the pull pop ones.
Wonder if you can transplant the brain from a normal fluffy in to a pull pop body and then have it freak out.

3 Likes

Now was this an experiment, or did some poor eight year old girl have a very sudden talk about special-hugs when she put her two favourite pets in the same pen?

1 Like

Why not both ?

“Here you are princess. Daddy says we can’t have another Fluffy, but he also says that rabbits ‘hump like rabbits’ so Mr Flopsy should give you some cute babies.”

2 Likes

I was more thinking that daddy* is a scientist and saw this result from his daughter and decided toi look in to it
For science off course !

(*or mommy)

3 Likes

The pull-pops are my favorite, and honestly! I’m going to say yes, because that’s the equivalent of waking up in a robot body and a fluffy figuring out its new body (complete with how its wings just fall off sometimes and it can just put them back on) sounds like a really fun story.

The boring OOC answer is that I once drew a Pinkie Pie fluff leaving a bunch of foals with a bunny (as a present) and some of the comments confused it for the two being a couple, with one wanting a follow-up.

I am going to say that the 8-year-old theory is canon though because that’s adorably hilarious.

2 Likes

Both are probably true

Its robo fluff, he has internal computer guided targeting, self righting leggies, blue tooth speakers but his new wings keep falling off.
This makes him sad.

2 Likes

Of course, I’d half want to write … Hmmm … maybe that’s…

Runs off to see Leeane, Georgia Wildlife Biologist and fluffy expert story protagonist

2 Likes

I like the ones that are based upon other kinds of animals, but I never really cared for ones that are more toy than biological organism.

I want like four fluffaroos. How adorable. Love the idea of them shoving things in their pouches. Their “thieving” nature reminds me of ferrets!

Making the flufarroos kleptomaniacs was a genious move! They are my favorite subespecies at the moment. Cute, little stupid idiots ~

2 Likes