Ruby Red pt.7: Take Your Fluffy To Work Day by bunnybunnyhops

It was Take Your Fluffy To Work Day. With Jinx, Curry, and Ray-Ray there, Luke trusted Happy not to eat the other fluffies. The fluffies were napping under his desk. They had fell asleep watching Monster House. Jinx didn’t like horror, but he watched it because Happy loved it and he could handle kiddy horror. She watched his fluffy shows she didn’t like.
Dave came in with his fluffy Balboa. Balboa was rescue from an abuser that was abusing more than his fluffy. He was scarred up and half his face was paralyzed, but what he lacked in looks he made up with personality. “Hewwo, mistah Wuke.”
Luke smiled at the blue and red fluffy. “Good morning, Balboa.”
“Where’s your little monsters?” Dave asked.
“Asleep under my desk. They brought a plus one, but it’s Happy’s favorite sister.”
“Trying to set up the tiny lady?”
Luke tried not to laugh. Everyone assumed since Happy was a miniature Fluffy, then the rest of her family was between the size of standard and micro. “You want to meet her.”
“Sure.”
Luke looked at the fluffies. “Ray-Ray someone wants to meet you.”
Ray-Ray gave Luke a nod. The blue and green winged Hunting Friend was awoken by their talking. She carefully got up. She used her large powerful wings to help her get on top of the desk. She bow to Dave.
Luke laughed at Dave’s look of shock. “This is Ray-Ray. She’s mute so keep you quests to yes or no, unless you give her paper.”
“She can write?” It was the only question Dave could think of.
“Yours can’t.”
“Mine isn’t a monster with a super brain.”
Ray-Ray took a pen and a notebook and wrote. “Jealous?”
Dave busted out laughing. “I like you, you’re sassy.”
Ray-Ray gave him a nod. He seemed nice. She looked at Balboa. He looked tasty but she wasn’t given the feasting order so he was safe from her as long as he behaved.
Balboa gathered up his courage and waved at Ray-Ray. “Hewwo, pwetty, scawy, fwuffie.”
Ray-Ray waved back.
“What’s with the bump on her head?”
Luke started petting Ray-Ray. “She was born with an underdeveloped horn. She listed as both an alicorn and a pegasus because of it. Genetically she’s a alicorn.”
“Her name is unusual.”
“Oh, a kid visiting Alice’s lab named her and her only littermate. You think she wouldn’t be, but Alice likes kids and is very kind to them. As much as a normal person can be anyway.”
Dave shook his head. Luke was right, he didn’t believe that woman could be nice. People with a God Complex don’t treat people nice unless it’s too their advantage. What advantage could be gain for being nice to kids though?
Jinx pushed Happy and Curry on to the top of the desk. He used his mechanical wings to fly up to join them. Their loud talking and missing Ray-Ray’s warmth had woken the three up. “Hewwo, Bawboa.” Jinx said.
“You look tasty today,” Happy added.
Ray-Ray put her hoof in Happy’s way and shook her head.
Happy looked up at her big sister. “I know, I’ll be good.”
Ray-Ray gave Happy a look letting her know she’d be watching. She knew her little sister. She was good, but her desires to eat normal non-alicorn fluffies weren’t as in control as hers. All but one of her younger siblings had programming quirks.
Ray-Ray put the smaller fluffies on her back. She carefully hope off the desk to go for a walk. Despite them being full grown, she liked carrying them around and caring for them. She wanted to be a mummah, but she hadn’t found the right stallion. It didn’t matter. Their were more than enough alicorn babies abandon due their mummahs fear, hatred, or other ridiculous reason. She loved being their mummah for awhile. She couldn’t give them milk or talk to them, she had unwilling Nurse mares for that, but she could take care of things that didn’t require a voice or milkie places. She had a stare that made any fluffy go into the sorry box willingly for being bad.
Balboa followed Ray-Ray. “Can Bawboa go wiff Way-Way?”
Ray-Ray gave him a nod. He was daddeh’s friend’s fluffy. He earn the basic rights of a fluffy under her care. She would protect him from outside dangers, but not his own stupidity. She would save him if someone throw him down the elevator, but if he fell down there, he would be on his own.
Ray-Ray made her rounds looking at every employee and their fluffy. She made a mental note of them all. The fluffies themselves were not a treat. None were showing any signs of being a hindrance, like being a smarty. She was more interested in seeing the other humans. They were dangerous and unpredictable. She had to get close enough to smell them. Most humans didn’t know it and normal fluffies are usual to dumb to recognize it, but abusers gave off a smell. Fluffies gave off a pheromone when the are abused through their sweat and tears. This pheromones cause a sense of euphoria in humans. Most human better senses shut down the reaction, know it was wrong to feel any joy hurting the creature. Other give in and the scent clings to their bodies mixing with their own scent, which causes them to stink.
Mummah had a similar smell, but so do vets, pet store workers and people that work in shelters and rescues. It was a neutral scent. Fluffy suffering pheromone smell was mixing with the nice happy pheromone smell fluffies also produced. The happy smell could also be too much and became sickly sweet, causing people and animals to want to hurt a fluffy and their owner.
Ray-Ray made a mental note of who had the abuse smells. There was six people in total. Four of them didn’t have a fluffy. That put them in four categories. They’re fluffy was too messed up to be shown in public, they picked up strays to torture, they were between victims, or being isolated was part of the torture.
The other two were a man who had a mare that looked pampered, but Her eyes were soulless. The other was a woman with three fluffies, a stallion and two very pregnant dams that could give birth at any moment. They looked happy and sad at the same time.
Ray-Ray returned to Luke. She placed the smaller fluffies back into the nest. Happy made the report. “Other fluffies don’t seem like trouble. Six humans seem like trouble. Have the abuse smell.”
Luke nodded. He had an idea who the six people were. “Stay away from them and their fluffies. I don’t want you getting into trouble.”
“I know, daddy.”
Dave told Balboa to stay with his new friends. He wanted his fluffy safe and didn’t know there were that many abusers on the floor. He wanted he’s fluffy to be safe. If the stories he heard about Hunting Friends were true. He was safer with them than on his own.
Balboa obeyed. He lay near Ray-Ray and the others but didn’t join the pile. He knew his place. He didn’t know how, but he knew he was an outsider and they didn’t accept him in the group. He was happy it wasn’t about his looks this time.

Lunch time came. Not that anyone was getting any work done. With lunch came visitors. A woman in all black stepped out of the elevator followed by a unusual fluffy. The woman was dressed like an edgy teen, combat boots, ripped jeans, band shirt, arm warmers, chains, dark markup, curly hair poofy and wild. The only things that didn’t scream Goth punk kid was she was clearly an adult, she embraced her tan, and her hair that was on the edge of blonde and light brown.
The drap and black fluffy following her was interesting as well. Even though they all seen Jinx, it was still interesting to see a cyborg fluffy. His muzzle, eyes, ears and legs had clearly been replaced with mechanical ones, and for some reason he had antennas poking out of his head like an alien.
The woman caught a few people staring and started posing. “Take it all in, people.” She chuckled. “Yes, ma, it wasn’t a phase.”
The fluffy whined. “Cathy, nu embawwass Iwonside.”
Cathy acted offended. “Oh, sweety, I’m the show, so you’re not. I can’t have you take my spotlight.”
Ironside smiled. He knew it was all an act. Not her style, that wasn’t an act. Her style was out there. But her ego was an act. She was selfless, caring and actually listened. She would give advice only when asked. She said it was good to know the difference to know when someone is looking for advice or they just wanted to vent. You’d just piss people off if you end up giving them advice on things they can’t fix.
Someone called out. “Cathy, stop being silly and come here.”
Cathy turned and waved at Luke. “There you are.” She went to Luke. “Alice couldn’t came today, so she sent me in her place.”
“Figures, who else would she send?”
“Most likely The Quartermaster. Lois doesn’t like you.” Cathy looked around. “Where are the beasties?”
“Making their rounds.”
“Okay, Ironside, go get them.”
“Yes, Cathy.” Ironside went to get them. He learned that all Cathy and Alice’s fluffies had tracking devices in them and he could find them. The tracking devices were there to help them be found if something bad happened to them or if they got lost.
Ironside was new to tracking so he was more paying attention to the big red dot than where he was going. He bumped into someone. He looked up at the auburn haired lady in a too tight red dress. “Iwonside sowwy, wady, nu was wookin’ whewe goin’.” A smell hit him making him recoil in disguise. He knew now what the smell meant. He moved away from her in fear. “Nu huwtie fwuffy, am weawwy sowwy, nu mean to, it was accident.”
Ruby laughed. She didn’t understand what this freak of a fluffy was going on about. “Calm down, you little… fluffy. I’m not going to hurt you.”
Ironside was surprised. “'Ou wet Iwonside go?”
Ruby smiled. “You’re free to go.”
Ironside left carefully. Other fluffies and humans had taken notice of the interaction. They watched him find his friends and returned to where Luke was sitting. They gathered around Luke’s desk. One fluffy asked. “Why fwuffie scawedy of wady?”
“Wady hab bad hooman smeww. Iwonside owd daddeh hab smeww. Gabe wowstes’ heawt huwties an’ othah huwties fo’ nu weason. Gabe Iwonside miwkbag tweatment, mummy-cathy ficks.”
The fluffies and humans understand. They had a feeling Ruby was an abuser and this confirmed it. Now they had more reasons not to like her. What she was doing wasn’t illegal, but they wished they could do something to save the fluffies.
They others left and the information mill started turning. One fluffy told another then that fluffy told their owner about the mean pretty lady with the auburn mane that gave fluffies hurties. This eventually got to her fluffies. Feather had forgotten, but Beloved and Dolly still remembered the humans they were with before. They were strict, but kind. Ruby was the worst kind of human and they knew it.
Ruby overheard a few fluffies talking about her, though she didn’t know it at first. Surely, she couldn’t be the meanie woman. She was kind compared to other people. She was neural at worst. She only hurt her fluffies when she had to.
Eventually, she felt everyone’s judging eyes digging into her. She came to the realization that she was the one they had been talking about. She had to think of how this could have happened. She couldn’t have people thinking she was something she wasn’t. Only one fluffy acted funny around her before that day. It was the weird freak fluffy.
Ruby went to find the strange looking fluffy and it’s owner so they could clear up this misunderstanding. Surely the owner would understand and clear up the little freaks confusion and tell all the others they misunderstood her and tell the others. Sure the other fluffies would hate them and think they were a dummy, but better them than her.
Ruby found Ironside talking to other fluffies. “We need to talk little fluffy.”
The other fluffies ran leaving Ironside to face Ruby alone. He turned and looked up at Ruby. He was scared, but he knew he had to be brave like his namesake. He dug in his hooves and gave Ruby a hard look. “Wat wady wan’?”
Ruby got teary eyed. “Why are you telling everyone I’m a bad human? You are you being a meanie to me?”
“Iwonside know 'ou am bad hooman. Can see fwuffies hab heawt huwties.”
Rudy thought she knew why he didn’t like her. She kneel down to his level. “They miss their daughter. I had to leave her home alone because she had been a bad fluffy.”
“Am twue, buh nu onwy weason. Wady hab bad owd daddeh smeww, bad smeww. Onwy hoomans that gib fwuffies wowse huwties hab smeww. Hooman nu can smeww an’ othah fwuffies nu know what bad smeww mean. Iwonside know. Fwiends know.”
Ruby smelled herself. Was it true that she smelled bad? She couldn’t smell it and her fluffies never complained about it. He had to be lying. Bad fluffies would do anything to get out of trouble. “Where’s your owner? They need a talking to.”
Ironside stomped his hooves in the pattern Cathy taught him to signal her if he needed her but couldn’t move. “She comin’.”
Ruby was getting tired of this bad freak of a fluffy. “You know lying is bad.”
“Iwonside know, buh nu think wady know.”
Ruby slammed down on Ironside’s nose without thinking. He hit the ground hard losing a tooth. Ironside wanted to cry. He didn’t, he can’t mess up the plan. “Wady nu hab done that.”
Ruby laughed. “Why not?”
“He’s government property.” Cathy said behind Ruby. She got out a stack of paper. “Sign this document or I have to take legal action. And trust me, you will lose.”
Ruby stood and looked at the smaller woman. She couldn’t be serious. It was just a fluffy. It couldn’t be government property. But the look on Cathy’s face told her she was serious and Ruby was in deep trouble.
Ruby took the documents. “What does this say?”
“To avoid legal action. You forfeit your fluffies and your breeding licence.”
Ruby was outraged. “I just smacked him.”
“No you defiled government property. That’s a serious offence. You sign or I’ll have you arrested.”
Rudy throw the document. This had to be a bad joke, there was no way they would arrest her. But everyone was staring, she had to get everyone on her side. She began to cry. “This can’t be happening, I can’t lose my lovely fluffies. They are they only family I have.”
Cathy wasn’t buying it. “You know the funny thing about family is. They’re words, they’re actions, can scar and shape you. I know all about you Ruby, and if things were different, if you were different, we could have been friends working through our family issues altogether. But I didn’t let my family broke me. They broke you Ruby. They made you just like them.”
Ruby slapped Cathy as hard as she could. The room fell silent. Ruby realized what she did and fell to her knees. Everyone saw it. They will think badly of her. Ruby couldn’t have that. She had to fix it. Everyone heard her right. She wanted Ruby to slap her, begging her to.
Ruby looked up at Cathy. Blood was dribbling from the corner of her smirking mouth. She had her. She fell for her trap. There was nothing she could do be give into her demands. She held out her hand. “I’ll sign it.”
Cathy got the document and watched Ruby sign where she pointed. And then gave it to Luke to sign as a witness… Cathy wasn’t done with Ruby. “Now I feel less guilty for having you arrested for assault.”
Ruby shot to her feet. “WHAT?”
“You hit me in front of all this witnesses and cameras. I can’t let that go. Don’t worry, it’s less time.”
Ruby was trying to control herself. This cocky bitch tricked her. If she knew she would have took her chances with the courts. She would get her back. She didn’t know how, but she would get her back.
Cathy went to her new fluffies. The mares were huffing and puffing. Beloved ran to her. “Nice wady, get mummah, speshuw fwend an’ Dowwy habin’ babbehs.”
Cathy gave him a gentle smile. “I can see that. I’m a doctor, and your new owner. Your old mummah gave you to me. You can call me Cathy.”
Beloved was confused. This didn’t sound like his mummah at all, but this lady looked kind. He hoped it was true. He wanted his babies happy and safe. “Am nyu mummah?”
“Yes, but call me Cathy.” Cathy stood up and ordered everyone around her to get her things she needed.
Beloved needed to ask. “Mummah-Cathy, am goin’ to take Wogue home too?”
“Rogue?”
“Wogue am awmost gwown babbeh, Wogue am soon mummah too.”
Ironside walked up to them. “Meanie wady say am anothah fwuffie.”
Cathy nodded. “You help Zelda give birth to her foals, right?”
“Yes, hewp babbehs be bown.”
Luke handed Cathy her coveralls and gave her her medical bag. “In that case, you can help me.”

Beloved was overjoyed that he finally got to see his babies be born. Feather gave birth to six foals, three earthies, one unicorns and two alicorns . Dolly had four. Two earthies, an unicorn and a pegasus. All had the bi color pattern. Cathy found it interesting. She called Alice to confirm. Patterns were bi-hereditary, both parents had to have the gene, the odds of a solid colored fluffy having the gene for their partner’s pattern was low. Ruby didn’t strike her as the type to buy a fluffy when she could get one for free.
The police had come. They asked questions, talked to witnesses and reviewed the footage. It was just a slap, but it was still assault, and Ruby was under investigation for another charge. The week and a half prior a new law passed involving fluffy used as prizes. They could only be used as a prize if said fluffy is going home with the winner. Them as carnival and game show prizes were still legal. However, them being used as an enfie rights prize was not. An undercover agent at the fighting ring as seen Ruby offering up a not fully grown enfie mare as a prize. They had no love for fluffies and wasn’t one for the law at first, but after seeing what happened to the mare, they understood. The winner of the match was a brute that spent hours beating and raping the poor thing. They saw something break inside her soul. They didn’t know what. But from years on the force, they knew she was in the “Wan Die” loop.
The fluffies themselves confirmed they was another fluffy in the home and she was a too young enfie mare. The police made a few calls and got the mare from Ruby’s house. They couldn’t give Cathy the mare yet, she was evidence in the case but they did ask the fluffies her name. Beloved said her real name was Rogue, but Ruby called her Flashlight.
Cathy took the load of fluffy home. She put them in a gated off part of her dinning room that had everything they needed. She told them that she did have a saferoom and they seemed like good fluffies, but until they could one hundred percent prove they were good. They had to stay in the quarantined area.
The fluffies agreed and let Cathy do a check up on them and take DNA samples. She needed to know what relationship they fluffies had to each other.
That night in the light of the street lamp outside, Beloved made sure his family was sleeping soundly and warm. For the first time in a long time, he decided to curl up next to Feather and their foals to sleep. They were safe, they were happy.

Previous/Next

6 Likes

So it finally came down crashin to Ms perfect world Ruby. From her smacking Ironside and of all things slappin a person IN FRONT of witnesses and office cam and the investigation she was involved in karma came knocking at her door.

Wow Cathy said it straight that her family broke her and Ruby’s ego swallow it all.

1 Like

Oh, DNA testing is on the frontlines, finally Feather and Dolly are gonna learn the truth.

Amazing how such a simple thing ruined it all for Ruby, hitting a Fluffy is nothing but she hit the wrong Fluffy and that was it. I’m not hoping for redemption, but I do hope she learns some form of humility before the end

3 Likes

Yeah, she knows how to push people’s buttons. Or at least Ruby’s.

2 Likes

Ruby in how I see it her mental defense is weak as hell as she likes to think everything for her is “perfect”

And a simple pebble like Cathy cause her to have internal mental scream. So cower in the corner Ruby!

1 Like

Ruby was already broken, but not necessarily enough to fix. Hopefully now she’s broken enough that she can be fixed.

Yesssssssss, now this, this is catharsis. What an excellent story. I really loved the way you wrote Ruby, the sad, almost pleading way she thinks about the world. If she wasn’t so scummy, she’d be pitiable. And the way you mirrored her with Rogue in the fluffies- chef’s kiss.