Ruby Red pt. 9 (final) And They... by bunnybunnyhops

Rogue was laying in her cage shaking. She just had her babies. It hasn’t been the way her mummahs had their babies. Their was something wrong and the vet had to cut her open to get her babies out. Something about Rogue being too young and small and it causing complications. The vet had taking her babies away as soon as they were out of her. It was okay, she couldn’t give them lickie clean, the vet could to it for her. She just had to wait. Her clean babies would come, she would pick the best two and leave the rest. Only the best deserved milk from her. She had two milk places, so she should only keep two babies. The other were for options for her. Her babies should be the best colours naturally. She wasn’t sure if she wanted them to be wingies or pointies, or both. Two of her parents were wingie-pointies, and people seem to like them the most. She decided, wingie-pointies, then pointies. It was a wonderful idea, her babies will the best fluffies ever after her. They couldn’t be as good as her but they could try for her greatness.

She continued to wait and wait and wait. Where were those dummy humans with her babies? She needed to make her choice and her milkie places were hurting.

Dr. Dearborn poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down next to his friend. He had a long day. Two births, and a case of hysteria among the mares. He was thanking the stars that he could go home soon. He was going to enjoy the silence while it lasted.

“It’s too bad that smarty enfie mare has a termination order on her,” Milo said. “She has good large litters.”

Dr. Dearborn grumbled. There goes the silence. “Where are they now?”

“With Sheila, old girl’s milkers never dried up and she just loves babies. All babies.”

Dr. Dearborn nodded. “About the mare, we can’t fight the order. Only one person has that power. You can ask her when she comes to pick up the foals if we can keep Rogue as a foal factory.” Dr. Dearborn know even if Cathy said yes, all Rogue was good for was pumping out foals. Raising them would have to fall to the other mares.

Rogue couldn’t be in the mare population, she already proved to be a bitch. They thought ‘She’s a smarty, but also she’s an enfie mare, what harm could she do?’ Turns out she wasn’t helpless, and she wasn’t as dumb as most smarties.

They put her in with the mares. Assigned a cage to herself. They found out she had a little trick to get around she learn living with Ruby. Ruby beat her when she discovered this. But she knew this people weren’t going to hurt her. When her metal food bowl was empty she flipped it over and hopped her front half on to it. Giving her faster mobility. The super friendly other mares were impressed. And praised her smarts, this was a mistake.

It was Cuddles that fell victim to Rogue’s wrath. She dare to touch her. Giving her a hug. Cuddles loved to give hugs, it was her favorite thing to do. That was before she met Rogue. Rogue damaged the cuddly fluff.

Rogue turned and bit Cuddles. Cuddles let her go in shock. Then Rogue rammed into her. Aiming for her pregnant belly. Another mare jump on her back to hold her down. Rogue rolled to her back and used her back legs to kick the mare off her. Rogue had learned a few things watching the fights.

The human had came in and snatched Rogue away. Putting her in the sorry box. They check on Cuddles. It was too late, she was having a miscarriage. She hadn’t been the same since.

Rogue was quarantined after that day.

Milo gave keeping Rogue more thought. He still wanted to do it. “You know her, what is she like?”

Dr. Dearborn shrugged. “Not your type.”

Milo laughed. “I just want to have the upper hand in negotiation with her.”

“If that is what your after, tread with caution. She plays with devils.”

“I don’t get it.”

“Cathy is a good person. She won’t hurt a fluffy unless she has to. She doesn’t like the testing phases of her job, because of the pain and heartache she has to put the fluffies through to make them new limps and organs, but that can’t be avoided.”

Milo raised an eyebrow, “What does that have to do with anything?”

“Her friends at that lab, don’t have that same feeling she does. One is rumored to have done human experiments and the other was hire at an insane asylum.”

Milo laughed. “Those can’t be true.”

“I agree with you about the one about the human experiments. She seems like she feeding to rumor for some reason. But the one from the asylum is true. They found him in a cell screaming to a wall.” He didn’t add he was a Doctor there, not a patient and he was working with a patient. They were working with them to talk to people. They wanted him to see if he could fixed smarty syndrome. It drove him mad or so the rumor say.

“She use to dealing with crazy people, got it.”

“Not only that, she can be a bit eccentric herself. If she’s in the mood to be.”

“What do you mean?”

“When you meet her, you’ll understand.”

“No, you tell me. I want to be prepared.”

“It’s too late for that.” Dr. Dearborn stood up. “I didn’t think I see you so soon, Cathy.”

Cathy say down a large carrier. “Dolly agreed to come.” Her face show nothing. Her voice was monotone. She had heard them in the hall and wasn’t in the mood to play games. It had been a hard day for her.

Dr. Dearborn have her a nod. “Do you want to see the bitch or the babies first.” He couldn’t hide his concern. He never seen this side of her before. Was this an act? It was hard to tell what Cathy’s true personality was to begin with.

“Babies, Dolly has expressed desire to meet them as soon as possible. She’s quite excited.”

Dr. Dearborn waved a hand at Milo, “He will show you the way.”

Milo took a moment to recover. He wasn’t expecting someone he couldn’t read. But he showed Cathy and Dr. Dearborn the way to a large play pen. The brown and gray mare played them no mind. Her focus was the eight newborn foals in front of her. Five were in a pile sleeping, one was getting held being cleaned. Two were on her teats.

Milo spoke gently to the mare. “Sheila, this nice lady her need to look over the babies. She going to take the babies. But don’t worry she has a good mammah for them.”

Sheila looked up at Milo. “Can Sheiwa meet new mammah?”

Cathy answered that. Her voice and face friendly. “Of course, it would be silly if I didn’t let you two meet. But after I get a look at the babies.”

“Otay’, nice wady.” Sheila held out the one she just clean.

Cathy gently took the foal from her. She looked it over. It was a good size and had a healthy peep. A male from what she could tell. The sky blue pegasus had a white stumpy tail.

Cathy place him down and moved onto the foal on top of the pile. A deep bluish purple alicorn filly with a bright yellow tail. She already had two money making foals. She now understood the conversation she overheard. Rogue was a bitch, but she produced good foals. With the stallion that raped her at least. She knew who it was. If she was a breeder it would be worth buying him. But she wasn’t and wasn’t planning to be.

She moved on. She would leave the ones feeding for last. The next ones was an orange cream unicorn colt. A possible Sweetie Belle filly. The next three had shiny coats. A Kelly green and black unicorn filly, and fire engine red and white pegasus filly, and the only earthie, a gray and light pink colt.

The last one was something special. A sunset yellow alicorn colt with a pink, purple and blue tail. He reminded her of a pan flag. She knew a buyer for him. She actually knew several people that would want him. Just one she knew for sure would love and care for him.

She place him back and got out Dolly. She place her in the large pen. She left the two mares to it. She trusted Dolly and Sheila hadn’t shown any hostility.

Milo stayed behind to watch the mares as Dr. Dearborn showed Cathy Rogue. She gave the pissed off mare a once over. “I heard your convention in the hall, and I’ve thought about it.” Her voice and face was back to being unreadable.

“Oh, and what have you decided.”

Cathy got out a piece of paper and wrote something down. She handed him it with some money. “For her room and board.”

Dr. Dearborn read the note and dropped everything in his hands. He couldn’t believe what she wrote. “Are you sure?”

Her voice remained as emotionless as her face. “I’m completely sure. I’m her owner, and that is my decision. Make sure you follow my directions.” She walked out leaving Dr. Dearborn dumbfounded.

Cathy got home and released Dolly from her carrier. She with the others help took the new foals to the nest with the other foals. The older foals were a week from being completely weaned and ready to be adopted out. All going to new homes, all had to be fixed. That wasn’t a day anyone was looking forward to. At least she didn’t have to deal with that many babies for long.

Feather, Beloved and Dolly had been good parents. Cathy had to use the sorry stick and the sorry box on a foal once. He had decided to be a brat and not listen to his parents, and a hit on the nose wasn’t fixing it. Not unusual, foals get that way once in a while. He was back to his old self the next day.

Cathy lay on the coach. She just wanted to relax and not deal with anything. Not even making food. She thought about ordering a pizza for herself and some salads for the fluffies. She had promised them a special meal when Rogue’s babies came. So she pulled out her phone and made her order.

She picked up a comic from the coffee table. It was old but in good condition. Her taste never changed when it comes to things she liked and the comics that people called ‘edgy’ were good for keeping fluffies in line. They didn’t like hearing stories about people getting hurt or killed and the pictures of it happening. JTHM was the one they hated the most. They didn’t understand why the mean mister gave everyone worst hurties. She won’t read the ending to them. They thought the main character was real and they were scared he come for them and people that had been kind to them. Ruby he could have. Or that was how Dolly felt.

Ironside and Beloved poked her leg. “Cathy?”

Cathy looked at them. “What is it?”

“Did Wogue go fowebah sweepies?”

“No. Ruby’s case isn’t over.”

“Can Bewobed an’ Feathah go wibe wiff Cadbuwy when own babbehs go to theiw mummahs an’ daddehs?”

“You want to leave Dolly with eight babies to feed?”

“Iwonside wiww hewp.”

“I know that, but I did not ask you that. You’re doubling her feeding if you leave now.”

“Bewobed know, nu wan’, buh nu wan’ to know when Wogue go fowebah sweepies.”

Cathy nodded. “I understand.” She thought about it. She came up with some way to fix it. “Beloved, I was going to tell you when I gave you your meal, but someone has offered to talk care of Rogue. She wouldn’t get the same life as you, but she would live a better life than she thinks she’s living.”

Beloved jumped for joy. “Wogue nu hab to go fowebah sweepies.”

“She doesn’t have to die.” She wasn’t going to tell him her decision when it came to her. “Will you be those foals daddy?”

“Buh nu am daddeh.”

“You are their grandpa, but that doesn’t stop you from treating them like your own babies, does it?”

Beloved shook his head. “Wiww wub babbehs wike own babbehs.”

The doorbell ring. “That could be dinner.” She got up and looked out the window. It was the delivery girl.

Cathy tipped the girl and got the food. She place it on the kitchen counter and got out the fluffy bowls. She put the dressing packets in the fridge and deviated up the salads. She put the seven bowls on a tray and walked into the safe room. “Soaps on, my lovely monstrosities” She laid out the bowls. She was happy they didn’t know what the word ‘monstrosity’ meant.

Beloved sniffed his bowl and was disappointed. There was a heavenly smell with the food she brought in. “Cathy, nummies smeww weawwy yummie when come in housies buh nu smeww as gud.”

Cathy prepared herself for this. "Oh, that was food I order for myself. It’s may smell good, but it’s bad for fluffies. Will make you really sick. It will make you ugly. It will make your teeth and hair fall out. And make the girl’s milk go sour and not be good for babies.

Delta shook his head. He knew it was a lie. He had pizza before. The sauce and bread were the best parts, but Cathy gave them the best food for them. He knew that, so he back her up. “Am twue, Dewta seen it when wibe outside.”

Beloved shut up and dug into the salad without another word. There was no way another fluffy would lie to him.

Cathy left to enjoy her pizza in peace. Delta was such a good fluffy.

Ruby sat in her dark cell alone. The right side of her face swollen. Her body aching and bruised. She took Dr. Lois’ deal. She had to. The other girls didn’t like her and had been using her as a punching bag. That day literally.

She couldn’t take it anymore. She needed to be free. She needed revenge. She needed to get her life back.

I decided to leave Rogues fate unkown.

10 Likes

Part of me still says Rogue deserve death, especially after what she did to Cuddles. But I can appreciate leaving the door open for her, either she has a horrid lonely life until her heart gives out, or you bring her back when you feel like it.

Either way, at least the good Fluffies made it out ok.

6 Likes

Excellent story. I’m glad you decided to leave Rogue’s fate unknown- she’s an interesting character and I think it’s fitting that she’s left with wiggle room. I’m also very excited for the next story. Really amazing work.

1 Like