Scaphism for the soon mummah (by:Tyndalo8825)

Scaphism, also known as the boats, or mistakenly as cyphonism,[1] is an alleged ancient Persian method of execution. The word comes from the Greek σκάφη, skáphe, meaning “anything scooped (or hollowed) out”. It entailed trapping the victim between two boats, feeding and covering them with milk and honey, and allowing them to fester and be devoured by insects and other vermin over time.

The practice is considered to be a purely literary invention of the Ancient Greek literature as it has never been attested in Ancient Persia (primarily Achaemenid Empire). The primary source is Plutarch’s Life of Artaxerxes, where he attributes the story to Ctesias, a notoriously suspect source. (Source of information wikipedia)

44 Likes

It’s like she is her own litter pal.

6 Likes

With worms :scream::nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Although I feel bad for those worms that have to eat that stinky fluffy and its foals

3 Likes

That’s be gross to keep around. I doubt the box could hold in all the smell. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

It is that the box is only to limit its movement not to contain odors

2 Likes

I’m still confused on the torture aspect of this. Was the fluffy also covered in milk/honey and also put in a box with insects? It looks like they were just put in a box and starved to death.

The victim’s head, arms, and feet would be trapped outside of the two boats, and would be covered in a mixture of milk and honey, as well as force fed the same mixture… Like a lot of it, so it would cause explosive shits and raw asshole. The sugar from the honey would attract insects to bite them, and the shit would attract flies and other insects, who would then use the victim’s shit as their breeding ground and pretty much bite on them. The victim would be kept like this, on their back with their face exposed to the sun, until they died.

1 Like

Oh well. Could’ve been worse.