Sea fluffy at work! (Drawn by Quack-Man)

“-Most modern cruise lines keep at least a dozen specially trained sea fluffies for the sole purpose of swimming rescue lines to passengers who fall off. They are almost always bright and vibrant colors so that it is easier for those in the water to find them…”

“At the end of these rope is an inflatable emergency floatation device that, when activated, inflates and pulls the person to the surface where they can use it to keep above water…”

"When the floatation device is inflated and the person is safe, the fluffy will grab hold of the line and begin towing the floatation device back towards the ship.

Using this relatively cheap but effective system, the number of lost passengers at sea has dropped a whopping 45%."

Hello everyone, I decided to do something kinda bigger than usual here! I hope y’all enjoy :slight_smile: . Let me know what you peeps think of this :blush:
P.s, i dunno if this is considered documentary style, so it may be wrong…

18 Likes

What a fun concept, and well thought out, too. So glad to see more of sea fluffies.

4 Likes

And then the sharks came. :smiley:

1 Like

Only after the girl (and her teddy bear) were rescued, I would hope.

2 Likes

unfortunately, there are times when not even sea flufflies can save the person over board. That’s why you need to triple check everything is ready before you leave Port.

3 Likes

oh my gosh i love this!! The idea that these little fluffies are trained to help people and do a wonderful job at it, ahhhh my heart sours!!

2 Likes

There’s only one thing I have to say about this:

4 Likes

Why would you ruin it?

1 Like

Do the sea fluffs give CPR?

1 Like

I was sort of imagining a long-term thing rather than that specific case. Sharks just follow ships for easy food.

1 Like