Seppe the camel fluff by (that1hugboxer)

You are Casildo Bakir , a Potter by trade and fluffy enthusiast by hobby.
You don’t have an abundance of free time due to your chosen profession. But you do what you can to help the fluffy sanctuary and by extension your local community. Simple clay kibble/water dishes help reduce expenses for the sanctuary allowing the budget to go further. The tax write offs are an added bonus for you as well. Sefa Your wife is unable to have children much to her sorrow.
In an attempt to ease her grief you purchased her a fluffy foal that she named Seppe. Sefa nurtures Seppe as if he were her own child. Diligent in her care for the tiny creature safeguarding him with her very life ,gave proof that Sefa would have made a magnificent mother. Her gentleness and compassion radiate like a beacon at sea on a stormy night.

Seppe is a unique subspecies of fluffy originally bred by Hasbio in an attempt to appeal to a middle eastern market. Camel fluffs as they were called had little to no success initially but slowly became more popular over time. Camel fluffs store fat in their humps and lack wings or horns instead coming in a single or double hump variant .(Seppe is a single hump variant)They have the ability to spit instead of spraying poop, and are overall better suited for hot and dry environments thanks to having long , thick padded, webbed two toed feet , second eyelids and a Dulla just like a regular camel .

Seppe is always by Sefa’s side trying to aid his mumma in various tasks throughout the day, key word being try , but it’s the intention that matters. The cherry red camel fluff trots across the floor to the front door every time you come home., happy as can be to see you. “Daddy! Daddy! Seppe hab biggest hawt happies now!” Getting seppe fixed was an unpleasant ordeal but with enough hugs and words of encouragement from mumma he eventually pulled through.

Today you Seppe with you to drop off the clay bowls at the sanctuary. Seeing Seppe interact with other fluffies for the first time should have been a sweet and wholesome experience…. This was not the case. Apparently camel fluffs are perceived as frightening/ugly to most other fluffies. A sad and confused Seppe cried all the way home despite your efforts to comfort him . He runs to Sefa immediately after entering the house. Sefa clearly seeing that Seppe is upset asks him what is wrong. In between a distressed mixture of tears filled peeps and chirps , the little camel fluff asks his human mumma a heartbreaking question. “Why udda fwuffy nu nicie tu Seppe?” Sefa gently hugs Seppe. “ elahi jigaret besham man!”

Seppe nuzzles his mumma as she comforts him “my sweet , kind,gentle Seppe. Sometimes no matter how nice we are to others , they are mean to us in return.” Seppe looks up at sefa “Seppe am nu bad fwuffy?”

Sefa smiles “you are a very good fluffy!”
Seppe settles down a little ,his eyes widen as a familiar smell enters his nostrils. He had been so upset that he didn’t even notice the aroma of his favorite food upon entering the house.

“Dat smeww! Seppe smeww…Aush!!!?”

Sefa prepares a fluffy sized bowl of Turkish style Aush. Seppe joyfully taps his feet as Sefa places the bowl in front of him. Almost instantly Seppe forgets why he was sad. Perhaps it is good that a creature whose heart is so easily broken, should also be so easily mended.
Sefa wipes the mouth of her precious little fluff.Seppe uses the litter box then climbs into his mumma’s lap ,falling asleep shortly thereafter

(Note: I’ve spent the better part of 3 hours researching Persian terms of endearment. According to what I could find “elahi jigaret besham man! “is supposed to say something along the lines of “my god, may I be your liver!” (Calling someone a Liver being one of the most common terms of endearment throughout the Middle East ) apparently this phrase is somewhere along the lines of loving someone to pieces when spoken from a parent or older relative to a child or saying you would die for someone when spoken in a romantic context. But when I translated it to make sure it was correct….the phrase read “My God is a gagger with a tattoo from” so I’m very confused . A genuine effort was made so if it’s wrong I’m sorry .)

3 Likes

its nice to see your writing improve! a little camel fluff is an adorable idea.

4 Likes

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’ve been feeling a lot more confident in my ability to write recently. I might get back into drawing as well. Might even post sketches of the characters both fluffy and human alike. It’s going to be a challenge seeing as how I use pencil and paper with vellum overlays for inking. With a phone camera as my only way to post them I predict levels of jank not seen since pre 2010’s deviant art

3 Likes

This is adorable, and I’m really happy to see fluffies and their families in other parts of the world. (I could go for some aush right now, but I have close to four litres of Middle Eastern lentil soup on the stove.) Seppe deserves a fluffy friend who loves him, and Sefa and Casildo are sweethearts. If you have more ideas, I’d love the further adventures of Seppe.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with old school art techniques. Go for it.

3 Likes

From what I can tell, the fluffy camel’s favorite food is to my understanding, mid-eastern chicken noodle soup

2 Likes

Pretty much. Middle Eastern sketties would be koshary.

While writing this I couldn’t help but think back to kindergarten. I went to a private Christian school and for reasons I never figured out. There was a Muslim in my class. I met her parents exactly one time during graduation. From how my classmate behaved you would have thought she had the strictest Muslim parents imaginable. Imagine my surprise when her dad walks in wearing khaki shorts a polo shirt and sandals with socks. His wife wore similarly Typically western attire with her hair on full display. And then there was my classmate who was dressed in a solid black Shalwar and Kameez . My classmate looked just as confused as everyone else there.

2 Likes

Sounds like, for that day, they decided to fit in. That or they treated their daughter like a fluffy and messed with her head.

On that note, I need to sew myself a black sarwal kameez. They’re suuuuper comfy.

3 Likes