Smarty Explorer (FB ID: 1409, 1415, 1418, 1420, 1423, 1425, 1446, 3683) (By KMEB)

1409 - artist_kmeb original_art safe sprite stupidity

1415 - artist_kmeb safe smarty_explorer_game sprite
Fullscreen

3863 - artist_kmeb game safe teaser

15 Likes

Smarty Explorer was a game that KMEB haad been developing after they got the idea from post 1409, which is the first image in this topic, and through discussing the mechanics of the game in the comments. When KMEB suddenly left the fandom, about 1/3 of the game was complete. As seen in this post, that finished third was deleted. So now all we have is the concept art, a teaser and the original inspiration.

The initial idea was as follows: you play as a smarty whose herd gets lost in a cave, and your goal is to go through all of the rooms to recover all of the fluffies. You make your way through the rooms with a small party while simultaneously guiding the rest of the herd from afar and keeping them safe.

To control the fluffies, you as the smarty can give simple commands like “Stay”, “Follow me”, “Go there”, “Don’t go there”. They will usually listen to you, but occasionally forget your orders and do random stupid stuff.

In some parts of the levels death of some fluffies will be unavoidable to progress, in others you can breed and recover your numbers. There is also a hunger bar, which depletes faster with more herdmates. To recover, you need to find food.

Sometimes, you need to sacrifice a fluffy to get over an obstacle. Sacrificing the smarty makes a random fluffy take his place.

Different types of fluffies have different uses. Unicorns can use weak magic with their horns, pegasi can use their wings to jump higher, earthies are the common ones useful as stackable blocks, and garden fluffies, while being very rare, are strong and slow down the hunger meter, and therefore are very valuable.

KMEB also wanted to include a learning AI, where praising the fluffies will make them want to do that action more.

6 Likes

I’ve no clue what the original setting of the game was supposed to be, but imo it’d be funny if the entire game took place in a house or the fluffy’s safe room. That way, it would seem to the fluffies like they’re going on an odyssey-like adventure when they’re literally just walking around the unfamiliar rooms of a normal house lmao

1 Like

Any fluffy platformer better have the Konami code. Because you’re going to need a legion of fluffies to make it to the end.

2 Likes

@Mr_Owl How did you, the guardian of the names, not notice I forgot to put the name in the title?

2 Likes

i trust you

2 Likes

Damn, that short phrase hits like a truck.

2 Likes