The Last Image KMEB posted to Fluffybooru (Fluffybooru id: 5673)

29 Likes

KMEB was one of the earliest contributors to the fluffy fandom. In addition, he (or she, we’ll never know) was the most prolific given the time frame. Though she was only on Fluffybooru for three months, she had over 500+ uploades within the time frame of July to September 2012. To put into perspective, CarnivorousDuck, Santanon and Carpdime, while prolific, took years to reach that amount of output. KMEB, in contrast reached that level of uploads within a short frame of time. One could argue that a lot of KMEB’s uploads were simple doodles, but KMEB had out up a lot of concrete ideas and examples within the short timefrafe. Ideas like Cottonfluffies, Cacodemon fluffies, rage_fluffy, garden fluffies, Supe_Fwuff and Suzy were all created by KMEB within this short time frame, and he was even working on a game, having made sprites for it.

And then, KMEB just quite. After 500 images and three months of continuous activity, KMEB quit.

This was the last image he posted.

Addendum: the post that KMEB was referring to was this one by Harbinger.

14 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know KMEB was only active for three months. It sounds like a severe case of burn-up.

I wonder if the authors that left the community ever take a peek here and there or what would they think if they stumble upon an image of a fluffy.

7 Likes

It is a severe case of burn-up, but my main takeaway from KMEB’s last image was that it reflected the drama and over-emphasis on abuse that was going at the time, and sort of hinted at future events. To put into perspective, I know people who had burn-out within the MLP fandom, but the fandom also had people who continuously generated content. I haven’t seen that in fluffies.

KMEB was not the only one who posted a message like this, Art-Anon did as well. I feel that it signifies a larger problem with the fandom, that it doesn’t really retain its content creators, save for a remote few. That, and some may want it to be ‘too’ niche.

10 Likes

is there a way to prevent this? :thinking:

4 Likes

Well, I am known to be a hugboxer, but my approach as a hugboxer is not only to give wub and huggies to fluffies, but also to content creators. I think hugbox and neutralbox is too neglected in the history of the booru. That, and some of the more memorable pieces in the booru’s history were hugbox ones. Even the act of tribute, in a way, is a hugbox act. Its my approach to it, and also a reason why I take it a little seriously.

13 Likes

that is actually a great solution! :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

The best way to prevent this is to remember that, regardless of what aspect of this very niche community we are part of, we’re all part of the same community. Hugbox doens’t have the same emotional relief without the dark Abuse, and Abuse doesn’t become nearly as cathartic without the innocence of Hugbox. Sadbox can’t be as emotional without either. We need to respect and support each other, regardless if we like the type of content. I don’t really like fluffies as food stories or art, but I would never consider attacking the artist. We’re all weird here, we should be weird in union.

13 Likes

Weirdbox is the key to all this

7 Likes

As with anything in life, fluffy fandom needs to be taken in moderation. I think that’s even more important for the content creators, especially with the abusebox.

However, I hope KMEB is feeling better now where he is.

5 Likes

As I recall, KMEB posted a LOT of unfinished pictures, works-in-progress, and photos of actual cotton balls with fluffy faces drawn on them with or without text. I’m not saying those are unacceptable as content if folks want to make them. But it got to the point where people were asking KMEB to stop “spamming” WiP photos and stuff like that because it was filling up the booru’s strictly timeline-based front page some days.

I guess it was a long time ago and my own youth probably colored my interpretation, but KMEB was pretty dramatic and I think compared fictionally abusing fluffies in ways they didn’t like to real abuse of kids and homeless people. So it’s not gonna be a nostalgic topic for me.

5 Likes

The way I see it, KMEB posted content. And sure, a lot of it was unfinished and wips, but its content. I’ve seen people put up less and literal shit-edits, as well as stolen artwork and traces on the booru, so fo KMEB to put doodles is above that. And I am familiar with those “cottonballs with fluffy faces on them”, as thats how we got cottonfluffies. I can udnerstand if some of it may seemed like spam, but compared to the later spam later on in the booru’s history, and the later shit-flinging it seems mild.

I admit, I am speaking as an outsider. But KMEB strikes me as someone interesting, with the wealth of ideas he or she had at least back in 2012. I haven’t really seen anyone do more than one pic of a superhero fluffy. And the depiction of garden fluffies has to be attributed to KMEB.

And I don’t think KMEB actually made such a comparison, given that KMEB had drawn fluffy abuse, and had also draw rage fluffy. I do think of KMEB as a neutralboxer. That said, I think there is a point to that final post they made. Of course, abusing fluffies isn’t the same as real abuse of children and homeless people, but I’ve seen enough people who have demonstrated an interest in actual animal abuse through fluffies. Its a reason why we have a ruling against the posting of actual animal abuse on the discords, the reddit, and of course, this very site. I can understand exploring themes of animal abuse through fluffies, but I have seen some people show outright hatred of animals (or at least some of them) through fluffies.

A belief I have, and a goal I have in mind, is to see a lessening of the abuseboner and hateboner. I think this fandom has too much of it. Recent events related to the hugmas incident on the reddit showcased it, and the booru filled with a history of it. I don’t deny my bias as a hugboxer, but I do think a balance is needed at the very least.

6 Likes

I think something similar happened with HerdKing, but to a much more severe and potentially negative outcome.

I remember on one of the older fluffy discord servers (I think the booru’s) that he was telling people he was struggling to find a job and was extremely depressed. Some time after this he started cranking out a lot of one note abuse pics, several a day and without any comments. Then he abruptly stopped posting altogether.

I honestly expected to read a headline about him going on a shooting spree.

4 Likes

burnout. though i wasn’t present for the majority of the booru’s lifespan, and my attendance of both here and the subreddit have been spotty, i really don’t blame them. especially if they had been unbottling so intensely as to generate hundreds of images within the matter of months. i myself had to remind myself to get out of the headspace and get some perspective i kept getting distracted with simply browsing abuser content.

1 Like

Dumb fuck becomes obsessed dumb fuck gets disillusioned whit his obsession a story as old as dumb fucks

you dropped this king
shutterstock_138414389-620x927

I hope so too. Milk was based off his concept of cottonfluffies, and I decided to write an entire story as a homage to his idea of a superhero fluffy.

5 Likes