Sam Adams Guide Chapter 5 - Episode 2 - KMEB Tribute

Summary

Mr. Adams’ Guide to Practical Fluffs - Part 5 – Episode 2: Supe_Fluff versus the PostFluff!

by Oculus

Featuring art by KMEB, Smawtymustdie and EmotionalSupportFluffy

Continued from Episode 1 of Part 5

~KMEB~

You remember that Sam told you about how some breed lines stop being made in Hasbio’s labs, making breeding of these breeds difficult.

“Is that what happens? An engineer leaves, and work on a breed stops?”

“Pretty much,” says the elder Sam, with a grim face. “The turnover rate at Hasbio has gotten high in recent years, and a lot of engineers who once to use work there stop or completely disappeared. And in some cases, they delete every remnant of the blueprints of the breed they are working on, making the archival of their respective gene sequences hard, and with it, limiting how much of their idiosyncratic breeds can be salvaged.”

“That is sad.”

“It is. And now it is time for me to introduce you to the KMEB.”

As he says, he reaches out his hand. You see a sort of rectangle coming before you. Ripples appear over it, as if sit held some form of liquid, but the shape itself is paper thin, as it rushes towards Sam and you

Within moments, after the “wall passes you”, you find yourself in another world. It was not the ruins of Stalingrad that you were in hours earlier, nor was it the fluffy city that Sam had introduced you to. It feels like home.

“I’m home.”

“Not quite. This is actually my home reality.”

You look around. It looks like the park that you frequent. And you noticed that some people are playing with fluffies. But the fluffies are not like the ones you are familiar with. Many of the ones in this park are completely green and have stems and branches ‘growing’ from them.

“These,” says the elderly Sam, “are garden fluffies.”

“Are they a type of KMEB fluffy?”

“No, these are Quickhorn garden fluffies, but the KMEB garden fluffies may have influenced their development.”

The elderly Sam reaches for his pocket and pulls out his smartphone. You remark to yourself that some things don’t change even in parallel universes. Swiping some of the menus, and pressing the apps, he reaches the image that he wants to show you.

“These, are KMEB garden fluffies.” ( >>587 , >>610 , >>1056 )

You take a good look at what the elderly Sam is presenting you. Barring larger eyes that occasionally go cross-eyed, a larger overall body, and a massive of foliage growing on the back of these fluffies, they do not look any different from normal fluffies.

“Why do they have plants growing on their back?”

“They’re feral. Apparently, when certain KMEB fluffies went feral, certain genes that would make toughies out of certain feral breeds had a different effect on KMEB foals. It changed them, until they became a mass of fluff that was able to contain enough dirt. Carrying this amount of soil within their fluff allowed plants to grow on their backs.”

He then shows you a feral herd eating berries grown from the back of a garden fluffy.

“That’s weird.”

“You know what is even weirder? These pictures are from YOUR dimension,” says Sam as he laughs.

“Woah.”

"Development on the garden fluffies you see here drew inspiration from the original KMEB garden fluffy. However, the fluffies we have in this reality are actual half-plant, half animal creatures, or in some case, with even more plant DNA. But the original KMEB garden fluffy was just a normal fluffy with an excess amount of soil that allowed plants to grown on it in a symbiotic fashion.

It’s a shame they’ve gone extinct now."

“Extinct?”

“They don’t exist in this reality anymore. Or yours. Before I get to that, there’s something else about KMEB I want to show you.”

Mr Adams goes towards a piece of shrubbery. He gingerly pulls aside the leaves, as he looks for what seems like bits of cotton. Removing a rolled-up Ziploc bag from his pockets, he starts placing the little cotton balls in his bag. ( >>29 , >>38 )

“What’s that you’re collecting?”

As you question the elderly Sam, he comes up to you. He holds up the bag in front of your eyes. Hundreds of tiny eyes look at you, along with squirming legs. Hundreds of little cotton balls. Moving about gleefully and playfully. ( >>30 , >>31 )

“Nyu daddeh? Nyu daddeh?”

“Wuv and huggies!”

Fwuffy am cottofwuff!"

While you can make out some of the individual responses, the others are repeated a hundredfold throughout the horde in Sam’s bag.

Feeling flabbergasted, you ask Sam, “Are these fluffies?!!”

“Yes,” he smiles, “these are cottonfluffs.”

“I heard of microfluffies and toy fluffys, but these are even smaller! And they look incredibly fragile!”

“They are. These are a truly plant-based fluffy. They grow from these trees and were invented by the genetic engineer known only as KMEB.”

Feeling astounded you want to know more. Sam continues, “It is possible that, although KMEB didn’t invent the entirely plant-based garden fluffies, his research into cotton fluffies may have influenced later garden fluffy designs, creating the half-plant garden fluffies our reality has.”

“Alright, I’m going to have to stop you there. You’re talking too much about a fluffy YOUR dimension has, not ours.”

"Yes, that is true. But your reality has a KMEB as well. And from what I understand from Sam, he is almost exactly the same person as the KMEB I knew. He may have created or experimented on some form of fluffy we don’t have in this reality.

Instead of thinking about that, why don’t you look at these little things? They have short lifespans. And while they act like fluffies, they don’t have the same kind of intelligence they do. They don’t feel pain or sadness, even when they are hurt. Or eaten."

He pours the cottonfluffies into his hand.

“To the cottonfluff, life is truly fleeting. But they live it, without a care in the world.”

As he says this, bringing his lips to the base of his palm, he gives a gentle blow. Like dandelions, the cottonfluffies float in the air.

“WHEE!”

The collective joy of hundreds of fluffies, flying in the air, permeate your surroundings. Their voices are soft enough that the rest of the park does not hear them. And yet, as you look at the cottonfluffies, you think of the mayfly. The dragonfly. the fireflies. Insects that have short adult lives, and make the most of it to procreate. It is very likely that these fluffies may not get a chance to successfully propagate, or in this case, fertilize and germinate to create new shrubbery. But as they float blissfully in the air, you feel the same sense of dreamlike wonder you had when you saw the Inkie Pie Elemental Fluffies on the first of April.

You keep staring at the cotton fluffies, staring at their white fluffy bodies contrasting with the blue sky like clouds.

~

WHOOSH!

The figure of a fluffy pegasus, wearing a cape and a mask, whizzes by high above your little clouds. The pegasus fluffy zoom towards a towering inferno that you see in the distance. He puffs his cheeks like a smarty, and with a big gusto, blows out the fire with his freeze breath. ( >>825 )

The dots connect together as you exclaim, “A FLUFFY SUPERHERO?!!”

In full awareness of the absurdity of the statement, Sam laughs heartily.

“Indeed. One of KMEB’s finest creations.”

You stare in disbelief, as the superhero fluffy continues its heroic duties. He manages to catch some criminals robbing a bank, save a construction worker that was about to fall from a skyscraper, and, to top of it all off, still have time to save a cat stuck up in a tree.

“Thanks Supe Fluff!”

“It otay! Am just a fwendly fwuffywand supe fwuff!”

As he whizzes by, Sam keeps on smiling, remarking on its existence.

“Superfluf wasn’t always perfect. In one of his first heroic encounters, he did blow a hole in a building. And there was a time that he caused a fire when trying to save people from drowning. But later, he got better at it, and many people commended his creator, KMEB.”

“KMEB sounds like he was a good person.”

"He was, he was.

It is a pity KMEB disappeared not too long after that."

“Disappeared?”

"Yes. He just quit.

He was a remarkable fellow, that KMEB. He was with Hasbio for only four months."

“Four months?”

"Yes, four months. And in that time, he invented garden fluffies, cotton fluffies, and the super fluff. And, for the reality you come from, KMEB may have invented fluffies we haven’t heard of. But in both of our realities, KMEB quit.

I found his desk empty one day. and it had this note."

Reaching from his waist pocket, Sam pulls out a a neatly folded note, which he passes to you. It speaks of the anguish of seeing a fluffy suffer, with the engineer, KMEB, not able to deal with the trauma of hearing a suffering fluffy. ( >>5673 )

“That moment stuck with me. We’ve done some horrible things to fluffies, but I would always like to believe that Hasbio has good intentions.”

“You do know what they say about the road to hell, right?”

“I know, my boy.”

The elderly Mr Adams looks at his watch. It is flashing red.

“Well, its time.”

“Time?” you ask, quizzically.

“Yes. It seems like my counterpart is within range.”

The green fluffy that you saw earlier comes up to the elderly Sam. The fluffy stands on its hind legs and waves its two front legs in a circular motion like hands.

A rectangular shaped portal appears and starts to close in on you. As you look at the portal, you see the ruins of Stalingrad, and Samuel Adams. Not the old man, head scientist of Hasbio, but the retired and youthful fantastic and Head of ABAP, and your best friend. With him is the Squeakyfriend, Joseph.

“He awaits you.”

As he says this, the green KMEB fluffy directs the portal towards you, and you once again find yourself in the ruins of Stalingrad, just behind the Sam you know.

~

Sam is looking left and right. He is dressed in a trench coat, with shirts and pouches, and army boots. Next to him is Joseph, with some odd device strapped on his back. Sam seems a little concerned, perhaps even forlorn. You decide to break the ice.

“Mr Adams, I presume?”

Sam slowly turns his head around, perhaps out of instinctual wariness. But upon seeing your face, he smiles, and says your name out loud.

“I thought I’ll never find you again!”

He grasps your hand with a firm handshake and gives you a light hug. For a 50 year old, he has all the strength and virility of a man at 20, and it felt good to know that again.

“How long was I gone?” you ask.

“Oh, just about a month or so. While working on a way to find you again, I took the time to go and meet Muffin - she recovered recently.”

“That’s good to hear, I’d love to see her again.”

There’s a nagging thing at the back of your mind.

“That day, on April 1st, when all that happened - were we really at ABAP? Or Hasbio?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

You raise an eyebrow, as you interrogate Sam with the following line, “Then how do you explain the events that landed me in a goddamn parallel universe?!!”

“Ah yes, about that. The thing about Fillialcaco-”

S W A G

“phonies is that they can bend reality.”

“No fucking shit, Sherlock.”

"But we’re not sure how exactly they do it. We don’t know if they enter a person’s mind, or if they change the reality around them, or a combination of both.

So, no, you didn’t go to Hasbio on that day and, last I checked, you weren’t at ABAP when we met."

“So are you telling me all this is a really bad dream?!”

Sam puffs one side of his cheeks in his frustration as he looks out into the wasteland.

“Like I said, I don’t know. The last time we met, I was about to introduce you to a Mutagen fluffy at a shelter I knew. However, you opened to the door ahead of me, and before I knew it, you were falling into the void. I tried to each for you, but the door slammed in my face. When I opened it again, you were gone.”

You feel a little unnerved by the peculiarity of the situation.

“That’s not how I remember it, but it DOES sound a lot like what happened to me just now.”

“Oh really?”

“I was with two natives to this post-apocalyptic reality, when I got dragged to another plane of reality, and met another version of you. Except he was much older and a member of Hasbio.”

Sam’s face turns to one of stern concern, like the time when he warned you about the Fillialcacophony.

"I know who you’re talking about. He’s a very dangerous man. And a very bad one too. Evil even.

What did he want of you?"

“He only wanted to show me KMEB fluffies.”

“Oh, I see,” Sam remarks, having calmed down a bit. “I hope you’ll never have to meet him again. I am sensing he may have had some influence on what actually happened to you a month ago. However, because perception is an unreliable thing, we can never truly know.”

The talk feels frustrating, so you try to ask Sam a better question.

“From my memory of the events, Joseph was the one who caused the whole problem. What is he doing here?”

Sam smiles, as he tries to set the record straight.

“Oh no, Joseph here was trying to find you! See, like the Gowdie and Fluffsplosion, Squeakyfriends are able to bend reality, albeit to a limited degree. Also, he had to be in proximity to a Fillialcacophony. I had to use Joseph to ‘find’ you, and from there, narrow in on rescuing you. And that device on Joseph’s back? It allowed me to try to track you to where you disappeared to.”

“I see.” Perhaps what you saw was an illusion out into your head by the rogue Filliacacophony fluffy. Or perhaps Joseph did open the box, was trying to make amends. Nonetheless, you know for certain that Joseph did good. You get on your knees and smile, as you look at Joseph and pat his head.

“Thanks Joseph.”

“Jowsef am happee to see daddeh fwen again!”

Sam is standing in front of a door of a nearby ruined building. Unlike the KMEB fluffy from the alternate reality, Joseph had to use a door like this to enter the PostFluff reality.

“Alright laddie. Would you like to head back now?”

You want to take up on Sam’s offer, but there’s something nagging at the back of your mind.

“I want to say goodbye to two friends of mine.”

Sam looks a little annoyed, as he lectures you, “You don’t have to. They would have accepted your disappearance as a natural thing. Death seems easy in this world.”

“You don’t understand, Sam. They were trying to find the Metro, and I was helping them do so. And last I heard they were reaching that place.”

“Then what’s the problem? They’ll be fine.”

“Well I just want to make sure. I know you went out of your way to help me, so I want to pay it forward by helping them.”

Sam is visibly annoyed. But you are feeling a little stubborn and want to stand your ground. Before either of you could say anything further, there is the sensation of a little tremor.

“Do you hear that?”

Ripples start appearing in the puddle nearby. Soft ripples, then harder.

The debris starts to spring up from the ground

A huge shadow looms over the three people, yourself included, and two fluffies.

And then slowly, you hear definite sounds or something huge walking. Far taller than the mutant fluffy with the long legs, making little tremors with each movement.

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

~

CRASH

CRASH!

The two of you look up. A Giant Munstah is now roaming through the streets of the post-apocalyptic Stalingrad. It is covered with fluff, much like a fluffy, but, even if it was one or came from one, it was nothing like the biotoy product of Hasbio. It had three green eyes, each with two pupils in them, as well as three ears, with the third frowing the back of its head. It had an additional two appendages above its eyes, much like antennae, but covered in fluff. ( >>29921 )

It opens its mouth, and you see its massive sharp teeth, as its roar reverberates through the realm of the PostFluff Stalingrad.

2atxUYU

ROAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!

Not too far away, you can hear the unmistakeable voice of the Russian, exclaiming, “Not agains!”

And then you hear it. The hail of gunfire.

“Strelyai!”

You see a squad of men. The squad becomes a battalion. And then a century. Out of the woodwork, they come. Russians, clad with the gas masks, some wearing the army uniforms of the Spetsnaz, others wearing makeshift protective gear, but all wielding firearms. Some Mosin Nagents. Some PK Machine guns. And a lot, of AK-47s.

“For Petrograd! For Russia! Protect the Metro at all costs!!”

You look on in amazement. The Russian comes up to you, with Greg in tow. Greg is the first to speak, “Did you bring those guys?”

You shake your head and say “Nyet.”

The stalkers of the Metro are brave. However, despite their best efforts, their firearms are not enough to take down the behemoth destroying the city of Stalingrad. In one quick swipe, the Munstah kills five brave stalkers, as the other men quick scramble for cover.

“Giant pig-hamster kill brothers! Must find weakness!”

Sam is tugging at you, his intentions clear. Forget all this. Leave.

But you remain defiant.

“Sam, we CAN’T leave them!”

“Listen, lad! This is not our reality! We’re not supposed to be here! This is THEIR problem!”

“No Sam, you don’t get it! The fluffies do NOT belong here! The fluffies came in AFTER the Cuban Missile Crisis by a temporal invasion! They are interlopers like us!”

He stops for a moment. “You can’t prove that.”

“Exactly, I can’t. And neither can you. But you went out of your way to find me, even though I was lost to time and space. And I want to help these people, even though I don’t know them.”

“Alright laddie. But what can you do? I don’t see you being able to take down that damn Godzilla thing.”

“No,” you say, but with a determined look on your face, “but I know someone that could.

Can Joseph here send me to the dimension I was in just now?”

Sam looks at you incredulously, disgusted at the idea you are suggesting.

“Getting help from him?! My evil counterpart?!!”

“Sam, it’s the only option we got. That dimension has a weapon far greater than anything the Metro has right now!!”

Sam is reluctant. But he sighs. “Alright laddie. I’m giving you this one chance. But if you don’t come back, I’ll have to leave.”

“I know Sam,” you say this, as you place your hand on his shoulder. “You did your best to save me. Now I want to save these people.”

A tear leaks from Sam’s eye, fearing to lose a friend to a known enemy. “You come back now, laddie. You hear me? And you be careful with that other ‘me’.”

“Daddeh am wight. Be safe fwen, naht sowwy.”

As Joseph says this, he starts focusing his mind on spaghetti, as he rubs the wooden door. The door then bursts open, revealing a portal, to the reality where you met the elderly “Hasbio Sam”.

You run through the door, into the portal,

~

And find yourself back where you were much earlier.

The elder Mr Adams is there, sitting on the park bench. He is busy staring at the cotton fluffies, having just blown a new batch into the air.

With a loud voice, you call out his name.

“Mr Adams!”

He looks at you, a bit surprised.“You’re back. I thought we might never meet each other again.”

“I need your help.”

~

After explaining the situation to the elderly ‘Hasbio Sam’, he ponders on your request.

“So what you’re saying is, you want the Super Fluffy from our reality, to enter that post-apocalypse Russian city, just to defeat that Giant Monster?”

“Yes.”

“You do know there is a danger to tampering with other realities, right?”

“Perhaps, but those fluffies didn’t belong to that reality. And I think that Giant Monster was actually an interloper.”

“I see.

Maybe you’re right.”

As he says this, he pulls out a device from his coat. He pulls out the antenna on the device, and presses the red button

BZZT! BZZT!

The device continues to beep, the superhero fluffy that you met earlier rushes towards “Hasbio Sam” and you.

“Huwwo! Wha Iz da pwobwem, seeteezahn?”

“Hello Superfluffy. There is a big monster in my house.”

“Big munstah? Otay! Supah fwuff wiww giv’ big munstah sowwy huwties!!”

The superhero fluffy seems to be rather enthusiastic.

~

You’re at 35 Nerry Road. It feels like the same exact mansion you were, all those months ago. But at the same time, it isn’t. There’s not a single fluffy within the household. Only housemaids and cleaning staff, all over the place.

The elder Sam brings you to a room on the second floor. You recognize as the room where the Sam you know brought you meet Prince, his white Carpdime. But you know for a fact that this Sam, the Hasbio Sam, does not have a fluffy like Prince.

“Why this door, specifically?”

“Well, when I sent you away that one time, I sort of didn’t expect you to come back. But now you did.”

As he says this, he turns to a maid, who is standing nearby.

“Start the spaghetti machine.”

“Aye aye, sir.”

Upon doing so, and form behind the door, you hear the unmistakable sound of “Skettis! Skettis!”. As this goes on, the maid, looking at a stopwatch, counts off the remaining seconds.

“Five.

Four.

Three.”

You see a blue light emanating from the base of the door, as the rhythm of the fluffies chant of Skettis grows faster.

“Two.

One.”

On the count of one, the Hasbio Sam opens up the door.

~

You see the visage of the Big Munstah that you had escaped from, not too long ago.

“Stuppeh dummeh munstah! Supe fwuff kiww munstah!!”

Super fluff stands on his hind legs and does some serious stretching. Cracking his head, he lowers all four of his knees.

And then, he leaps into the air, and flies straight for the portal, like a missile!

Supe_Fluff vs the Postfluff! (Artist:EmotionalSupportFluffy)

An unerring bullet, he zooms past the debris, and aims straight for the munstah. His right hoof forward, he cleaves right through the Munstah’s flesh, like a knife through hot butter, moving through the munstah’s body at hypersonic speed. The Munstah gives off a yell, first of unexpected, yet unmistakable pain, as Super Fluf continues his work, the combination of his super speed and super strength separating the left body of the Munstah from its right. Within moments, the Munstah is divided almost into two up to its abdomen, with Super Fluff have cut it very quickly and cleanly at such speed that the blood and guts had yet to spill out.

“TAKE COVER!”

As the Stalker commander gives the order for the other Stalkers of the Metro to clear. The major arteries from the Munstah start to burst out blood, as it collapses, its body shattering many of the ruined buildings of Stalingrad, its blood and guts spilling all across the land.

With the third eye in its forehead destroyed by Super Fluf, the Munstah can only blink with its two remaining eyes, still trying to perceive what just happened to itself.

And then, the eyes go blank. The Munstah is no more.

Super fluffy speeds off high above Stalingrad. The Stalkers below cheer their mysterious benefactor, as he zooms away from them, back into the portal. The speed has managed to remove most of the blood from him, but his cape is still dirtied, and the stench of the monster is still on him.

“Mistress, please clean up Super fluff,” orders the Hasbio Sam.

“Yes sir.”

As Super fluffy is escorted away by the main, you look at Hasbio Sam in complete gratitude.

“Thank you. Thank you ever so much! I’m indebt-“

“No. The pleasure is mine, old friend.”

He smiles at you with a tear falling from his eye. But it is not one of happiness. It is one of regret, as you see a face on the verge of bittersweet sorrow.

“You take now, laddie. You hear me? And you take care of the other ‘me’.”

Remembering Sam’s warning about his Hasbio counterpart, you nod in acknowledgement. “I will.”

You then jump out of the portal,

~

And land back in the remains of Stalingrad.

The Russian is there, along with Sam, Greg, Joseph, and a host of other Stalkers of the Metro. Coming with them are their pet fluffies, some of which they are holding high in their hands.

“A pig-hamster save Petrograd! Three cheers for the pig-hamsters!”

“Hip hip! HOORAY!”

Looks like this is one place that is going to appreciate fluffies a bit more.

The Russian is happy to see you. So is Sam, Greg and Joseph.

“Welcome back old boy,” smiles Sam.

“You’re a hero!” notes Greg, in jubilation.

“Thanks, guys.”

Just as you say this, you clutch your head. The Russian is first to notice.

“Comrade! What wrong in head?”

“Laddie? LADDIE!!”

Everything is going blurry. You cannot make sense of anything. You feel your body collapsing on the ground.

You can vaguely hear Sam saying a fact you should have noticed.

“He crossed too many realities. He’s… suffering…. Overload…”

At this point, you just give in to the void.

~

You wake up.

You’re back in your room. You’re wearing the same clothes that you did on the night of the 31st of March. It feels like today is the first of April. Was it all a dream? But it couldn’t have been. Not everything has to be a dream. But if only there was a way you could prove otherwise.

As you think this, you notice a pile of clothes on the floor. And, a gas mask! Exactly the same as the one you had during your time in Stalingrad! So it was real! But did Sam bring you back to the first of April?

Ring! Ring!

Your arm springs out as you bring the phone to your ears.

“Hello!”

“Hey laddie, remember we’re supposed to meet today?”

~

You’re walking towards 35 Nerry Road, and, along the way, you are passing by a field. You see a blue fluffy mare, with long brown pigtails, being doted over by her owner. The mare is visibly upset by this unnecessary level of attention, as the owner tries to braid her hair. ( >>4832 )

“Don’ cawe if pwetty! Cawe if pway baww!!”

The fluffies and their owners seem to be hosting a little baseball tournament. The bats are padded with an extra layer of sponge for protection, and a number of fluffy daycare workers are present to make sure the fluffy baseball game goes smoothly. And the game starts, with a human owner throwing gently, as the blue mare, with bat in mouth, manages to hit the ball. ( >>4850 , >>4867 )

“Good one, Suzy!”

Suzy (Artist:KMEB)

You smile as your watch this funny little game, when you hear a voice behind you.

“Well hello lad. Today we’re going to meet looking at some Mutagens, and then, we’ll see what we’ll look at next.”

Feeling curious, you feel that now is the time to pop the question.

“Those fluffies seem to be playing a good game of baseball.”

Sam smiles, as he decided, “Yeah, lets watch this game for a while. We do have all the time in the world.”

It was a fun game. Though not serious, you get to see the fluffies hit the soft balls, and Suzy, a fairly experienced fluffy, manages to catch the ball a few times when she plays as the catcher. ( >>4858 )

“That blue fluffy,” notes Sam, “that blue mare is a KMEB.”

You look at Sam a bit curiously, as you ask, “A KMEB huh?”

“Yes. A very old fluffy breed, one of the earliest introduced, along with the Mixermike, Art-Anon, and Marcusmaximus. A lot of KMEB fluffies were released, but only during-“

“-a four month period.”

Sam looks at you. A bit surprised, but then, a memory catches up to him. “Ah yes, my evil counterpart told you about that.”

You sigh, as you keep watching the game. “He did.”

After about an hour, the game ends. As both of you get out of your seat, you remark on what you two were going to do next.

“So, we’re going to see some Mutagens, huh?”

“Yup, just as planned.”

As the two you walk out of the park, Sam says the line he has been meaning to say for a while.

“Its real good to see you again.”

You smile. And then, one last question pops in your mind.

“How did you managed to get me back home?”

Sam chortles, as he narrates what he remembered, “You were one heavy sonuvabitch. But Jospeh managed to open a portal into your own home. I was about to leave when you woke up, and you wanted me to tell you what I knew about KMEBs and Mutagens while you were getting dressed.”

That explains why you were in the clothes you were on April 1st. But if that was the case, how come you didn’t remember it?

“You’ve been travelling too much. Experiencing too many shifts in reality will affect your memory, though temporarily.”

“Oh dear.

Well, I guess that means you will have to tell me all about KMEBs and Mutagens then, huh?”

Sam gives out a hearty laugh and pats you on the back. He then says, very meaningfully, “It is good to have you back.”

“It is good to be back, Sam.”

And the two of you walk into the later morning, ready to learn more about practical fluffs.

END OF PART 5

continued in Gaiden 1

8 Likes

Second Episode of the Fifth part of the series. The previous episode can be found at the top.

Some notes on this part:

• There are some ideas I tried to explore with Mutagen’s Postfluff setting. I might give these a fuller treatment someday.

• was happy to collab with EmotionalSupportFluffy again for a rather epic illustration!

• A small fact: KMEB uploaded about 500 images in the four months they were on the booru in 2012. Their work is definitely something to check out, considering the wealth of creativity they had, and this fic is a tribute to the bright spark they shone in that brief moment in time.

• Researching KMEB for this episode was what led to the creation of Milk

• There will be one more ‘episode’ to this part that I will post later. It will be a collection of side-stories, as well as some additional minor tributes.

4 Likes

gasp

It’s the Fluffy Cinematic Universe!

2 Likes