smarty headcanon (by hisaro)

25 Likes

the second ones are called smarty friends btw

13 Likes

don’t forget natural born Smarties. :baby_bottle: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

but they can be both types of smarties :hmm:

2 Likes

no smarty syndrome is learnt so is being a smarty friend.

But natural born smarty are naturally more in intelligent hence in the very early days of fluffy ponies natural born were called smarty babies but these days referrers more to smarty syndrome unfortunately.

6 Likes

hmmm :hmm:

3 Likes

Smarty syndrome has given smarty friends and natural born a terrible image problem. :disappointed:

but in the older stories natural born usually became smarty friends fluffy’s were alarmingly stupid.

4 Likes

The second one is also likely to use “please” and “thank you” in the way it talks.

3 Likes

smarty just means smart, leader ,and like real life being a leader dose not mean you are a good person or fluffy so the two are not mutually exclusive

2 Likes

no they are not

1 Like

Neither of them is saying “please”, so neither herd gets nummies.

1 Like

Flaws in the trope programming.

The idea being to present the leader as a “king”who is gruff with a heart of gold, the “queen” as the cheerful matron. Never solely consult the Patriarch or Matriarch.

2 Likes

Even a king can have basic manners.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind tending to type 2, if a fluffy is polite, I got a huge soft spot for them. It’s my biggest weakness.

1 Like

They don’t have the best role models for leadership.

Summary

1 Like

True. But I can just tell the smarty to say please.

If he does, I’ll actually give him food, to show him that saying please can actually work.

I mean, shit, if a smarty asked you nicely, you’d be more likely to say “yes” than if he just made demands, wouldn’t you?

They ain’t gonna stop being assholes if nobody helps them.

3 Likes

Its a good test.
Release the Smarty-friends, cull the Hellgremlins, create a stable feral population.

3 Likes

Heh. Stable. Was that on purpose?

But if you want a working relationship with the feral population, you’ve gotta meet them halfway. You can’t expect them to do all the work.

2 Likes

Nah. Lucky pun.

I figure places that maintain feral homeostasis are like places where seeing the birds is a tourism thing.

Provide wheat troughs so their waste is solid and smells like ordinary horse manure, employ workers to clean it like towns with a lit of horses do, sterilize and release some, inspect for disease, cull the bastards and teach the clever ones the city rules, color code things for them around town, and leave the harsh elements and lack of food to keep their population at a manageable level.

How I wrote the nearby city in Simple Creatures.

1 Like

The difference between birds and fluffies is that fluffies can be reasoned with.

Birds won’t stop shitting on the statues if you ask them to stop.

But fluffies can be persuaded to ask nicely.

2 Likes