Smarty trouble Pt.3 (Fluffy_consumes_u)

As I stumble back from pure shock, I bump into my owner. I stare at him, silently asking, “Is this happening?” Sure enough, he nods, understanding my silent question. The herd, still staring in either horror or astonishment towards me and my owner, begin turning to each other, as if in conversation. I ask the runt for a favor, a basic question. “Can you ask your hewd ib dey wan to wib with me and my ownew?” The runt nods, and rushes to his herd. A minute or two later, he comes back wiith most of the herd. “Dese awe da fwuffies da wanna wib wit you.” My owner lets them in, without hesitation, as if they were family. As they explore the place, a fluffy asks me, “Why do you wan to wib wit da human? My mummah aways towd me dey wewe mean.” I told them the first thing I thought of. " My human is nice and onwy wants to pwotect me and himself, but some humans awe mean an want to huwt you fow being a fwuffy." He nodded and walked away, satisfied with my answer. Later that day, it was time to go to sleep, so I dragged a blanket my owner told me to giive to them. I don’t understand why, but he was snickering until I started dragging the blanket. As started, his face turned to fear and shock. (I later learned he called it a “weighted blanket” and that it was “10 pounds”. I think that means it’s heavy, but I’m not sure.) As the herd fell asleep, the runt started chirping, calling out for his mother. Knowing his mother wouldn’t respond, as my human taught me runts are abandoned by their mothers while their young, I curled up next to him and started sleeping.

4 Likes

man, I bet being a good smarty is correcting bad fluffies or letting them think they’re “smarty” enough to make their own herds elsewhere.

Daddeh being a little mischievous there.
The narrator is certainly a Fluff of Mystery.