Smarty's Land Now! A Table Top Card Game

What program did you make this in?

Inkscape. It’s the ghetto (OpenSource) version of Illustrator.

Also: If you have feedback on the cards style, look, etc, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am not a graphic designer. I repair lab instruments for god’s sake.

1 Like

Here’s the some more basic cards:

Unicorn Demo card
Thanks to @Milky for the art.

Area demo card
Thanks to @CarpeDime for the art!

Dancie Baby Demo
Thanks to @SuperWeaner for the art!

Soonmummah
Thanks to @CarpeDime for the art and @AtlanticHillfolk for the card!

Also, if you’d like me to use your art, please let me know! I’d love if you had something you’ve done that you want to be a card.

5 Likes

Thanks to @Chikahiro for the updated card designs and for permission to use their art.

Demo Card v2

Area Demo Card v2

3 Likes

Quick note: I made it so the file was I think 600dpi and would print at 2.5"x3.5". This is the same/close to standard Magic the Gathering playing cards. As such, you could sleeve them and use cheap M:TG cards (penny cards, land cards, whatever) as backers so they “feel” better in hand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is damn cool, I’d love to play it.

So here’s an update. I’m done with the cards. They’re further up the thread, but if you’re interested how I balanced everything, send me a message and I’ll explain.

Now to gather art! I’ve got everything set up in a Inkscape template so all I have to do is cut and paste card text into the card, then import the .PNGs into Table Top Simulator.

Here’s another card! Thanks @Quack-man
HopelessNihilism

4 Likes

Woo hoo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reached out to MarcusMaximus to see if he’d do a card back for me. And he agreed! Ladies, gentlemen, fluffies: the card back for Smarty’s Land Now!

Smarty's land Now

11 Likes

Not to forget that MarcusMaximus has actually drawn fluffies again.

4 Likes

Watching thread!!

1 Like

When you speak with him again, give MarcusMaximus the best regards from our community!
(and me. I’m kind of a fanboy)

If you’re able to get this operational in Tabletop Simulator I’ll see about get a few copies to give out as prizes to people.

5 Likes

Feel free to use my art, if it fits any cards.

1 Like

Hey kids! I’ve completed all the abuse cards! Still waiting on a few people to get back to me with permission to use their art, but here’s everyone’s card who said it was okay to use their art so far:

Abuser

Bad Mummah

Bad Special Hugs|450x630

Belly Skettis

Cannabalism

Enfie Baby

Everything is Horrible

Greedy

Kick!

nummie baby|450x630

Nummie Thief

Pillowed

Poision

Poopie baby|450x630

Puffed Cheeks

Sorry Stick

Stomp!|450x630

StripeyMonster

Worsest Owies|450x630

Thanks to Everyone for being so kind!

3 Likes

some of them didn’t load
Worsest Owies

Poopie baby

nummie baby

Bad Special Hugs

Stomp!

6 Likes

Those were the ones I didn’t have permission for yet.

1 Like

why would anyone refuse if you credited all the cards?

1 Like

It’s not that they’ve refused, it’s that I haven’t gotten an answer yet. It’s why I can’t use any of Quickhorn’s stuff or Coalheart’s art, much as I’d like to. I can’t get a hold of them.

Is it too late to offer any of my artwork towards this?

I don’t know if I do have any fitting artwork, but if you were to find something you’d like to use from me, you’re more than welcome to!

1 Like

Thank you!
Its far easier to look through someone’s gallery than to search, ask permission, then wait. If you have a card you think “Hey, I’ve got something perfect for this!” send me a message because it’ll make this whole process a lot easier.

Also: Is there anyone here who’s colorblind? I want to run the card colors past them.