Some basic info about fluffies over time (DreamMLP)

Probably don’t need to say it but this is all specific to my headcanon

• Poopies will always have the highest mortality rate due to being starved at birth and often in adulthood too.
  • Alicorns are almost always killed or starved as foals, but those that survive will be smarter than other fluffies and have better chances of long-term survival.
  • Smarties have the lowest foal mortality due to most starting out as “bestest babbehs”, later becoming well respected and protected herd leaders. However their mortality rate shoots through the roof later as they’re often killed by their arrogance and tuffies.

Shortly after release from the Hasbio lab, the public was enthralled by these new talking pets. Prices for fluffies could be in the tens of thousands, however within months the prices dropped to the steady $30-$40 they’re most known for. This was caused by explosive breeding of ferals, as well as third party breeding stores opening. Prices again spiked in 2031 when Executive Order 13998 was put into effect. Fluffies again became one of the most valuable animals in the world, albeit risky to own one.

Public perception of fluffies was originally high due to their appeared cuteness and innocence. Of course falling later as ferals bred and became a widespread pest. Perception fell into the negative as many endangered American Species became extinct, though peaked back into the positives as the population spread to Mexico. The later introduction of microfluffs and sea fluffs as two further pests sent public opinion back down. By the late 2020s produce prices reached record high as hundreds of acres of farmland a day was eaten by herds of fluffies. On the 20th anniversary of the PETA raid, Executive Order 13998 was put into effect. Ordering the eradication of all feral fluffies and sterilization of all domestic fluffies, thus ending the Fluffy Age in North America.

26 Likes

So Dream and his Species is basically Fucked and will go extinct shortly after there creation historically speaking…Nothing of worth was lost.

1 Like

Love that introduction of microfluffs caused a nosedive in goodwill :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think a US president can accomplish that by executive order, domestic or feral.
It falls under too many different departments and state regulations. At worst you could have severe overreach by threatening funding if its not done, but it would only be short term until it hits the Supreme Court which would take far less time than even the planning process of such a task.
The most reliable thing would be military action, but the military is not too good at such things as Australians and the English have demonstrated throughout history.

To say nothing of most of Canada refusing to do or avoid doing anything on the federal level, or even caring what happens outside the province. Invasive species get into Canada, they stay in Canada. The US states at least commission people to bag things wreaking havoc on their own, Canada gives no fucks.

1 Like

A lot of that is true enough, but at that point in the timeline produce prices are through the roof, many american cities are breeding grounds for disease, and some national parks are on the brink of ecological collapse. All this is probably more than enough motivation for the average person and especially the government to fully support the destruction of all fluffies. This could be partially accomplished by having exterminators sweep through the cities, though more drastic measures may have to be taken with the rest. High bounties could be put out for fluffies, the act of breeding them becomes a federal crime. Keeping any non-sterilized fluffies in general is a big no-no. This should eliminate a good 90% of the feral population, the other 10% may need some more… creative methods which I hope to explore.

1 Like

The national park thing is something I’m using in the Cleveland rewite I’m doing actually.

Folks most in support of parks and conservation are always against culling, even being lukewarm on nonnative invasive species. If there’s evidence that eagles and wolves are feeding on Fluffies they’d get outright support as an acceptable prey animal.

On the other hand the mainstream public groups most interested in culling are almost always in support of reducing or eliminating public lands in favor of farming, ranching, development, or just not paying for caring for it and arresting folk hunting in recreational areas. Fluffies can’t consume anything too tall or durable and are averse to anything bitter, which limits their damage. So you have Fluffies only slightly damaging public lands which gives conservative governments the excuse to open them to whoever, and are useful for farmers of most kinds of plants since they reliable consume weeds like wildflowers and produce decent manure, replacing goats while not needing any oversight. Any crop needing protection would need low fencing, but they already do anyway to keep out rats and rabbits. I don’t see any Fluffies short of Cleveland megaherds managing past barbed wire and cedar posts.

The folks most incensed are suburban or on estates, with useless aesthetic lawns. But Fluffies are only slightly more of a nuisance than groundhogs and geese who tear everything up and shit everywhere already. They represent a fair amount less political power than the agricultural lobby in most of the country, especially the rust belt.

4 Likes

Pretty good work. My only criticism is if it were not for the description, I would not have been able to tell the difference between the poopie and average lines (the colors look about the same).

Still 10 more years of fluffies :smiley: