Spilling the Beans

how do I block stuff?

4 Likes

That will at least stop stuff with the tags you select showing up in latest for you. I’m hoping a mod can chime in on fully blocking content, as I’m not sure how to do a full block by tag.

2 Likes

Looks like you can filter categories here:

This should let you avoid the Controversial categories entirely.

2 Likes

The self disgust goes away if you scroll through social media and news for a while.

1 Like

What social media site are you on that doesn’t make you feel more disgusted with humanity in general? Because I want to join that platform, whatever it is.

theres a gayroommate archive?? I wonder why she was merk’d from the fluffy community…

its on youtube

That’s why.

1 Like

I think that’s how most of these people start,
I found the gore and the torture first, and was like “wtf?” But slowly got enraptured in all of this. I didn’t even know hugbox was a thing for a while. Sad that this site is mainly hugbox/safe stuff now a days.
But it’s definitely okay to remove yourself and keep your own mental health well. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to!
This is something that originated on the chans and boorus (I personally was introduced on 4chan) and that is gonna be connected to lots of sick things.
Stay safe n do what’s best for you!

I’ve been in the fandom for a few years now as a lurker and commenter, starting out on the old booru, and I admit there is a dark fascination to explore the more morbid and grotesque stuff people post since this is all about fictional creatures, but you should never go farther than you’re comfortable with. For me, the abuse art and stories just grew boring and repetitive to keep seeing, and I really prefer more depth in story plots than abuse just because “FU, fluffy!”

Just block any categories that gross you out. You should eventually get down to content and creators you like. It’s a balancing act.

it’s just the Abuse stuff tbh , i was just disgusted that i was starting to enjoy it.

2 Likes

i understand. Again, please curate/do as you feel you need to, and remember as others have pointed out, there isn’t any difference than say, between those that enjoy GTA or other media that has violence/cruelty.

2 Likes

i see

1 Like

Oh no, you misunderstand.

The disgust with humanity is what overrides the self disgust. Humans are just the worst. By comparison, it makes hurting toy horses seem like nothing.

Gotcha. I spend half my day on r/noncredibledefense, a community of literal war crime enthusiasts, and it’s still way less gross than Twitter.

1 Like

I literally didn’t know who the click was until I saw this post.

I NEVER heard of that, thank you. I always wondered WHY she was just, booted, and never said anything.

Just saw this, and I can relate except I found the community waaaay back when, probably maybe 4-5 years ago?

Used to feel the same, I’d always question myself enjoying the stories and comics but then I realized something for myself, it’s no different than the viscera filled movies I’ve watched with real people, they’re both fictional, and since then I’ve been a lot more at peace with enjoying the darker side of the community.

However this won’t be the case for everyone and that’s fine, if you find yourself enjoying that side too much, I’d do what the others have said and block it. Hopefully you feel better soon, take however long you need. If you are reading this, I do hope you genuinely feel better because I totally get the feeling, it’s not fun.

Take care!

Don’t worry, this has happened to a lot of people. Discovering fluffies through The Click, joining in for one box but growing to appreciate others too, and spending too much time and energy with fluffies.

You just need to take some breaks. Many people think they have to give up fluffies altogether - only to come back when they realize that all they needed was to take a little breather. :blush: