Spilling the Beans

So yeah, guess it’s time to spill the beans here i came to this site from watching the video by The Click as well as the Gayroomate Archive videos .

When i first joined i was pure hugboxer but now, well now i’ve been delving into the darker side of the community aka abuse .

Even if it is a story that involves justice to foals of bad parents or bratty foals. i’ve started to become Disgusted at myself for enjoying this content . And now i can’t even look at the word fluffy in other media without thinking about the community. Also i discovered the Controversial Category.

That and the community has somewhat taken over my life. to the point where well, My other content has started sucking.

so i may or may not stop drawing fluffy ponies . i have no idea.

i’ll be lurking in the mean time

13 Likes

You might need to take the break you were inferring about.
And there’s nothing wrong with enjoying fantasy violence, but if it disturbs you, it might not be for you.

5 Likes

Do what you gotta do but just please remember that this is all fictional. Nothing made here is real, just fictional stories for the purpose of entertainment.

7 Likes

Been there, done that.

First two weeks I spent here, I began questioning myself daily over what the fuck I was doing staring at dismembered fluffies who begged for mercy. Eventually I realized something. That I was not a monster just because I read abuse or sadbox, in the same way people who love splatter movies or games like Doom do not go about chainsawing people in half, or people who beat up hookers to take their money in GTA don’t do so IRL.

It’s just a morbid fascination most humans experience when faced with certain dark or bloody topics.

Of course, if you find yourself thinking about yourself WANTING to replicate it with people or animals for real, then it might be safe to take a break lol.

7 Likes

i’ve had the thought of “this is disgusting and i’m a bad person for liking it” several times (though not always pertaining to fluffies), and the way i see it is that second guessing yourself and your enjoyment of things like this means you aren’t a bad person. the fact that you’re disgusted in yourself for liking it shows that you’re aware and might be afraid you’re fucking up your view on things in the real world (e.g. thinking because you like abuse that you want to hurt animals). people who are actually vile in real life don’t think and worry about this

that being said, it’s all fictional, and everybody needs to take breaks, especially if you think this would be better for your mental health. we’ll still be here if you decide to come back. and if you don’t, then it’s been really fun seeing you around!

1 Like

Take a break. Impose limits. Block content.

Your mental health is important.

5 Likes

Seconding @Chikahiro. Definitely block the categories that you are finding yourself drawn to that you feel you shouldn’t be.

Step away from content creation for a while, focus on the stuff that makes you happy.

That being said, you are a great part of the community, and a huge reason it is (from my perspective) better than it was in the past. You are friendly and generous, and your contributions encourage others to be the same.

And as stated elsewhere, that you feel the disgust means you aren’t deranged or warped. You enjoy things the same way others enjoy slasher films and Grand Theft Auto games.

5 Likes

how do I block stuff?

4 Likes

That will at least stop stuff with the tags you select showing up in latest for you. I’m hoping a mod can chime in on fully blocking content, as I’m not sure how to do a full block by tag.

2 Likes

Looks like you can filter categories here:

This should let you avoid the Controversial categories entirely.

2 Likes

The self disgust goes away if you scroll through social media and news for a while.

1 Like

What social media site are you on that doesn’t make you feel more disgusted with humanity in general? Because I want to join that platform, whatever it is.

theres a gayroommate archive?? I wonder why she was merk’d from the fluffy community…

its on youtube

That’s why.

1 Like

I think that’s how most of these people start,
I found the gore and the torture first, and was like “wtf?” But slowly got enraptured in all of this. I didn’t even know hugbox was a thing for a while. Sad that this site is mainly hugbox/safe stuff now a days.
But it’s definitely okay to remove yourself and keep your own mental health well. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to!
This is something that originated on the chans and boorus (I personally was introduced on 4chan) and that is gonna be connected to lots of sick things.
Stay safe n do what’s best for you!

I’ve been in the fandom for a few years now as a lurker and commenter, starting out on the old booru, and I admit there is a dark fascination to explore the more morbid and grotesque stuff people post since this is all about fictional creatures, but you should never go farther than you’re comfortable with. For me, the abuse art and stories just grew boring and repetitive to keep seeing, and I really prefer more depth in story plots than abuse just because “FU, fluffy!”

Just block any categories that gross you out. You should eventually get down to content and creators you like. It’s a balancing act.

it’s just the Abuse stuff tbh , i was just disgusted that i was starting to enjoy it.

2 Likes

i understand. Again, please curate/do as you feel you need to, and remember as others have pointed out, there isn’t any difference than say, between those that enjoy GTA or other media that has violence/cruelty.

2 Likes