Splorin Babbeh as Bait (LowKey)

ChirpyCunt

Stupid blind idiot wandered out of the “safetest nestie” somewhere in the house when Mummah went looking for food. Now he’s trapped in a cup and Mummah can’t help but keep talking when she hears him chirping.

68 Likes

Great first post!

1 Like

You manage to capture so much in such a simple image and the foal itself has a distinctive style.

I take it this is a micro?

1 Like

The mare’s text is hard to read.

1 Like

i look foward to more of this

“WHERE FOR ART THOW ‘SPLORIN BABBEH’ ?”
“MOTHA IS REDICENT TO LEAVE THE CONFINES OF THE ‘SAFEST NESITIE’ OH WHOA AND LAMENT, OH WOAH AND LAMENT!!”

4 Likes

Great idea and execution. That idiots never going to be found. >:D
Also welcome to the community.

I don’t see a lot of pixel art here, and I’m not sure if this falls under that, but it kinda looks like it does.

Yeah, I was putting this together at lowres to keep the image simple but that didn’t work too well when it came to adding text. Probably gonna try looking for fonts that would match the look so I can upscale the image to make text more readable.

1 Like

I’m aiming for somewhere between pixel art and Oekaki so kinda looks like it definitely means I’m in the right direction.

3 Likes

I have to say, really like your style, keep it up!

I learned to draw on oekaki board back on dialup, this is a very nostalgic style :black_heart:

Keep it in the cup until it dies lol

Lookin good

Truly, a certified hood classic right there.

Fun fact: Mew was basically a fetus in design, for those that wonder why this looks so similar to the Pokemon but with fluffy features. It’s not the the artist was imitating a Mew, but that both the artist and Mew’s artist were imitating newborns or a late-stage fetus.

Yeah, for such a small image, especially, it’s hard to fit in text boxes, and color text is usually unreadable unless specific background/text color combinations. Colorblind people be like “what?”, hehe.

It really does look like something you’d see in the 16-bit days.

Maybe there wasn’t a Mew under that truck, there was a fluffy!

oytn9bq9spf91

1 Like