Star Struck Comic 16/16 (Fluffus)

Or are we? :thinking:

2 Likes

So I know only a few alicorn survive without human help, but does any of them understand why they are hated?

I mean none of them got rid of their horn or wing to hide.

Then alicorns in mimicry take over herds.

2 Likes

In my own headcanon, Star hasn’t truly picked any side but his own. This current herd is useful and recognises him as leader, but given the chance he would switch allegiances with another one if it would advance his interests.

I really like this final page where all the mourning fluffies elicit a glimpse of sympathy to the reader, despite them slaughtering the alicorn family, but Star is far and inaccesible in the background.

5 Likes

Yeah also a good way for making a character with a good and a bad side.

Oh wow,great story,great art. I’m glad no one spoiled this for me before I read it. Fantastic work. This is a very good fluffy comic,I’m going to go on to the next part now to understand exactly why Star would extend a false hoof of friendship to the little foal instead of killing him immediately.

1 Like

Thank you a lot for engaging with this comic, Peppermint. When I was new to the booru you were one of the standout creators whose stories pushed the envelope for what fluffy stories can do and be about. They were part of what really got me thinking about doing a more substantial and darkly human story myself. I really admire how you do both writing and art so well.

1 Like

Aw,thank you for saying that. When I was making my comics back then,I didn’t think they would have such an impact on people who read them. I just wanted to tell stories.
I think there’s a lot of dark potential in fluffies,and a lot of ways to explore more human topics without actually using human characters. That’s part of what makes fluffy works so special to me. Human problems scaled down and applied to these strange creatures who don’t have the words or thoughts to properly convey what’s going on,or the understanding as to why it’s happening.
You did a great job with this series,it’s definitely is one of my favorite fluffy works now. You have a talent for both drawing and storytelling,and I enjoyed every page.

1 Like

Star is surviving in her own way, I would say, the alicorns are the smartest and strongest fluffy of all, at least the most predisposed. star knows that his guy’s destiny is to be hated and seen as something that should not exist and he is a smarty friend above all. He will give his pack food and pain to a boy who knows his fate would be very hard. Here it is clear that the fluffys, at least this generation that must have lived a few years after their creation, are already closer to animals than the toys that were created, in my headcanon each new generation of fluffys abandons that idea of ​​a toy to be animals and star planted that idea in me

1 Like

Oh we’re supposed to feel sorry for these fuckers?? They’re cold blooded murderers who just killed a baby!!

1 Like

Personally I agree with you that it doesn’t hit from that angle, but I think that itself is supposed to add to the tragedy of their alicorn hate, and as storytelling choices go that’s valid as shit

3 Likes

Yeah and one is a hypocrite, an alicorn wothout wings and ngl i hope Star gets karma in a gruesome way cuz i think the herd doesnt know he is an alicorn so that would be poetic if they turn on him cuz they find out

1 Like

Your work makes me want to keep trying with my own, thank you for sharing it. Your art, characters, and storytelling are so compelling

1 Like

Thank you so much, Toothy!