Star Struck Comic 16/16 (Fluffus)

So concludes this chapter of the story about Star.

Next

<<First

79 Likes

And now we wait for a Star is Born

9 Likes

Based on my burndown chart it is due sometime 2029.

11 Likes

Will we ever know why star turned against the lil foal?

7 Likes

I want to extend a big thanks to @Virgil for linking up all 16 parts of this comic. Great stuff!

12 Likes

I’m thrilled to finally get to read the whole story. I expect many others are as well.

12 Likes

So, what just happened?

4 Likes

He didn’t turn: he never was on his side.

10 Likes

What @WhalerTom said. It was pretty much a grift.

Summary

The real question to ask is how Star lost his wings, and why he hates his fellow alicorn brethren so much. And I imagine that its a much larger story, that will take years to tell.

8 Likes

Oh! working on the Ghostbusters time table I see.

5 Likes

I mean between that and the rock manuver this is the most dangerously smart fluffy there has ever been.

7 Likes

Well… They kinda deserved it! I’m not even sorry that their family is suffering… Serves you… Friggen… RIGHT!!!

Do they even know that the reason their family died was because they attacked and killed another, innocent family?!:unamused:

But anyhoo… Brilliant story telling… Exceptions last too!!!

7 Likes

The idea of smarties being competent leaders and doing targeted killings isn’t new. There is Nasir’s Maroon and also Phantomfluffy’s Howler (though Howler was a loner). That said, I like these kind of fluffy stories where the ferals are actually ‘competent’, despite their obvious limitations.

6 Likes

Maroon is great. Other competent fluffies I’ve enjoyed are Boss and Prism.

Both the (original) smarty and the bestest tuffy in @differential_Sloth 's Kerry’s Story are competent in the extreme.

7 Likes

I hope I can tell a feral story to that effect someday with Twig. As much as FDL’s Plum was the inspiration for my character, I really admired how badass Star was.

4 Likes

Star was getting the foal to show where the famines winter den was while the herd was hunting down the father. Presumably he left the foal alive in case he needed to trick the father - which didn’t come up as he was able to leave the den to go on watch before the father showed up so was able to drop the rock while he was fighting the herd.

That way his herd gets all the food stored by the family, even though a few toughies fell in the fight as well, so it wasn’t a perfect victory.

9 Likes

They may have just slaughtered an innocent family, but in their eyes they’re the victims. I think it’s really cool that you can take such a silly idea like fluffies and make a meaningful story. Quality stuff.

6 Likes

I hope that herd starves to death and all their chirpies die from exposure.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting the comic here so we’d have a chance to read it again. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Shut up ass holes you disetve to die for what you did to the baby!

1 Like