Style exploration (Flufferinie)

The last one for today. It was also a part of warmup sketching. I decided to do a quick reference for future use.

60 Likes

This is fantastic and I adore that little babbeh lol

7 Likes

You really have incredible skill. Are you an illustrator?

4 Likes

Thanks! :heart:
I am a full-time illustrator, yes. My spec is character design, but I mainly draw human/humanoid characters.
Fluffies are just fun and distracting, so I find it really enjoyable to sketch them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Dude, that’s awesome. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I dunno why but I do feel that you’re good at drawing mecha/ robotic people too.
just a hunch

6 Likes

Beautiful art style, such expressive eyes!

3 Likes

Very well done.

1 Like

Hope you’re not making us choose, because they’re al gorgeous AF

2 Likes

No choices here! :smiley:
I just wanted to explore how I can tackle gender dimorphism in fluffies lol.

3 Likes

One way to do that is by making pink stallions and blue mares. Although it seems to be less of an issue for the mares.

2 Likes

I really like these. They look so cool!

2 Likes

these look so good! i love your line weight & sexual dymorphism

2 Likes

These are super pretty and super good! I love 'em!

Also makes me look at my own fluffies a bit, where there is absolutely no gender dimorphism whatsoever. If you wanna breed them you just sorta have to guess, I suppose.

2 Likes

Thanks! <3
Well, not all animals have the dimorphism thing! And fluffies, being a biotoys, probably have countless different breeds, just like dogs or cats. Some may look alike, some may differ. Of course speshuw pwaces are the easiest way to sex a fluffy, but from my character-design-standpoint it was interesting to try and bring some visual characteristics for mares and stallions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look great. I can’t articulate it, but there is something about them, especially the faces, that looks like they could be from a Disney cartoon.

2 Likes

Absolutely abusable 10/10

1 Like