Subverted Expectations, Part 16 (by jimmyhopkins (its part 16 right?))

(This one took a long time because I’ve been stuck on where to go from here, but I think I know where to go now. For now, accept this funny little story I wrote. Odd numbered chapters will make up for it with plenty of psychological horror subjected to both fluffies and humans.)

Well, your friend Max ended up getting a fluffy. A rescue, but a fluffy nonetheless. Orange body, yellow mane. Has the name Fireball, and, like Magnum, he has no limbs. He was miserable when he was found, crying his eyes out and being consoled by a group of ferals. It took a bit of time, but he warmed up to Max after a day of hanging out. Just enough time for you to build another car for him.

He was so happy, zipping around the room. “Fiwebaww wub wheewie weggies! Fiwebaww can pway again!” He runs into a ball with the bumper, sending it to Max.

“Thanks, man, this means a ton.”

Fireball rolls up to you. “Tank yu nice mistuh!”

“You’re very welcome, Fireball! I’m sure you and Magnum will have plenty of fun together! Heck, maybe you two will even race!”

You think for a moment, and remember watching Initial D with the fluffies, and have an idea. Not saying anything, you get to work.

“Uh, dude? What are you doing?” Max says, watching you rush back and forth across the saferoom while placing objects in different locations.

“This is gonna be incredible, don’t worry.”

About 30 minutes later, and the track was set. “Alright guys, you two wanna race?” The two fluffies stare up at you, confused.

“What am wace?” Magnum asks.

“Well, you two drive around a track I set up, and see who can do it the fastest!”

They both smile. “Sound wike fun! Wan wace!” Lucas, Nebula, and Johnny come in hearing all the commotion. “Wha’ happenin?”

“Good, spectators! You guys can sit in the box seats!” You say, picking the three up and placing them in the little balcony place that they usually sleep in. Ot has a perfect view of all the twists and turns of the track. You explain what’s happening, and they all get really excited.

“Alright boys, please come to the starting lines!” They roll up, and face eachother. “Alright say something cool to the competitor, something awesome.”

“Uhh, F-Fiwebaww gon win? Dat otay?” You shake your head. “No, no, more zest! More oomph!”

“F-Fiwebaww gon win! Fiwebaww haf to win fo honow an gwowy!” You sigh. Good enough.

Magnum responds “Magum no make easy fo Fiwebaww! Magum bestest wacew ebah!” That’s your boy.

“Alright, on your marks.” Both fluffies have an intense look on their faces. “Get set.” They nod at eachother.

“Go!”

You start playing Beat of the Rising Sun, because come on, whats a race without a little music?

They take off, up a ramp, around corners, all over the place! You didn’t know that fluffies could even move this fast!

“Heehee, Fiwebaww show Magum how WEAW FWUFFY WACE” Fireball says, speeding ahead slightly.

A sharp corner looms ahead. Fireball slows down to avoid crashing. Magnum, however, speeds up.

“Wh-wha Magum doin? Do fwuffy no knoe dat dewe is shawp tuwnie a head? Magum mus hab head sickies!”

Magnum passes by, and smiles. Suddenly, he hits the brakes and turns sharply. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for.

Fireball’s expression is one of complete shock. “F-Fuww on dwifting?!”

That maneuver was just what Magnum needed to finish ahead of Fireball, and he just so happened to cross the finish line in time with the song.

Magnum and Fireball pull up next to eachother. “Phew, Magum am bestest wacew ebah! Fiwebaww am pwoud to wace against a fwuffy wike you!” They nuzzle eachother, and you have the largest grin on your face.

“What the fuck.” Max says.

23 Likes

Initial D but with Fluffies…Huh, neat.

4 Likes

I imagined this in more of a Mario Kart style without the item blocks. Awesome starting race regardless!

4 Likes

is this weirdbox enough to have the weirdbox tag

4 Likes

Awesome! Combining Initial D with fluffy cars was a perfect way to make the race exhilarating! :laughing:

2 Likes

Da Fast an da Fwuffest: Phiwadewpha Dwift

1 Like

Fireball just started driving around and suddenly he thinks he can school Magnum, who has been zipping around since part four.

No wonder why Momma Issues cut his legs off. What a piece of shit fluffy.

20210914_190642