Subverted Expectations: Part 17 (By me, jimmy hopkins)

It’s like Prometheus in my headcanon. He’s a robot, his prime directive is protecting the innocent, but he isn’t obligated to obey it. He’s completely free-willed. He obeys his prime directive because he thought about it and decided that protecting the innocent is the right thing to do. There’s another robot in my headcanon who was programmed to kill, and their situation is different, but I’m not gonna go further into that, because I can’t do so without dropping some serious spoilers.

And fluffies are the same in my headcanon. Yeah, they were bioprogrammed for hugs and love, but they also aren’t obligated to obey their bioprogramming. They’re also free-willed, even if some people see them as nothing more than fuzzy robots.

4 Likes

i wouldnt mind having a cameo from one of your characters, but I need to find out what to write next lol

4 Likes

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. I didn’t think anyone would draw fanart of my characters, but look what happened!

And, so far, both artists who have bestowed that honor unto me are a hell of a lot better at it than I am. So I’m extremely grateful, because, if I can be completely honest, I draw like a five-year-old. No, wait, I tell a lie, that’s an insult to five-year-olds.

Hope you check out my stories! There’s a lot of them, I know. But take your time.

4 Likes

got any specific stories you recommend?

2 Likes

I get that too. I’ve been doing too many humanoid-centric pieces, so I’m taking a break while I workshop ideas for more fluffy-centric pieces, and I’m giving anyone who wants to catch up a chance to do so. Like I said, there’s a lot to get through, and not everyone reads at the same pace.

2 Likes

I would strongly recommend starting from the beginning, but if you want to know more about the Death of Fluffies, I’d say start with “No Justice”. There’s a link to my catalog in my bio, got all the stories nicely sorted. It’s a bit like Discworld, dunno if you’re familiar with that, but basically each series focuses on a different group of characters, with characters from other series dropping in. There’s a lot of connections between the different series, and lots of jokes and nods you won’t get if you only read one set. You’ll be missing out on a lot of context, and I keep saying that for a reason, folks. I don’t want people complaining because they don’t know what an X-Positive is, or what blipping is.

2 Likes

The only more fitting way for him to die is if it was somehow directly at the hands, er whoves, of a fluffy

1 Like

while i would like that (trips over a fluffy and gets impaled) but i like the fact that his death is directly a result from him thinking that the world is his and that hes at the top of the universe

3 Likes

So wouldn’t die by a fluffy just exemplify this, being felled by something he thinks so beneath him?

1 Like

nah, then hed have more reason to hate them, even if it isnt justified.

4 Likes

Perfect ending for the story of the abusers downfall, surrounded by fluffies who forgave him till the end even after he’d antagonized himself to all of humanity. I couldn’t have imagined a more fitting death that this! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Hey, it’s way better than Ozzie and his Black Unicorns charging in FBI style and blowing his head off.

3 Likes

Yup, I love seeing arrogant assholes die ignoble deaths like this. It hammers the point home that they were never as important as they thought they were.

3 Likes

That was… an intense story. It’s rare that the obsession with murder and hatred has real repercussions rather than becoming a learning experience. I was not expecting the death of the Protagonist, but I think it’s a very fitting and perfect end.

I think there’s an unspoken rule with everyone who writes abuse stories that there is only one “Too Far” thing and that is torturing or killing another person’s fluffy. It’s pretty uncommon to read that because it pretty much revokes any empathy or identifying with the protag. I think the slow decent into madness was written very well, and I either expected the Protag to get help or kill himself. I do enjoy the “Got Murdered” ending, since I think it fits the karmic justice of your world.

Very nice work! I hope to see more from you in the future!

3 Likes

thank you very much! im real glad you enjoyed it! gonna be writing a story showing fireballs perspective (already 3 parts in) as well as continuing the hugbox guys stories as a sort of pallete cleanser. also gonna eventually do one on the family that bad guy focused on

2 Likes

It ain’t rare in my headcanon.

1 Like

your universe has forces of good governing it for the most part. the only force governing my universe is me and my capricious thought process.

1 Like

Funny if he ever wake up and he found himself in skettiland and no matter how he kill fluffies they still talk lovely things to him like a walkin zombie, and next day they are back to be normal saying lovely things again endless loop, endless suffering for him :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Im definitely gonna keep his ultimate fate up to interpretation, but this is definitely an amazing ironic hell

1 Like

I did a story about the asshole being reincarnated as a fluffy.

1 Like