Subverted Expectations, Part 4 (By jimmyhopkins)

You are not an average guy, who has come into contact with some not average fluffy foals. A purple pegasus filly named Nebula, a baby blue unicorn colt named Johnny, who was missing his back legs, and a brown earthy pillowfluff colt named Magnum.

After a short, uneventful walk and elevator ride, you arrived at your apartment on the 17th floor. Stepping through the doorway, you turn the lights on and head for the saferoom next to your bedroom. The saferoom was, in your opinion, the best saferoom anyone could ask for. It was like a McDonald’s play place crossed with the Guggenheim museum. Elevated shelves that acted like floors for the fluffies, with plexiglass walls so they could look down at the safe room. The plexiglass slides open easily, to allow you to pick the fluffies up. There were little cubby holes spaced around the hallways filled with hugtoys and blankets. There were no steps to get up or down, instead there were gently sloping ramps. These shelves ran around the walls, forming a sort of spiral. Near the eastern wall, about 4 feet off the ground, was a special sleeping area, with a nightlight and a small hole in the wall. The hole leads to a balcony in your room, where the fluffies can come in and talk to you, or wake you up if you sleep in late. Their food and water was close by the sleeping area, set up so that it would refill automatically. In the corner of the room was a self cleaning litterbox, also with small ramps to allow for them to access it easily. There was also a path leading from the litterbox to the sleeping area, with small lights along the way to ensure they didn’t get lost in the night. There were plenty of toys for them to play with, Duplo Blocks, balls, ramps that looked like they’d be perfect for a skateboarding fluffy, and, your favorite, wooden trains with track. The entire place was painted soft colors, simulating a pastoral field and blue sky.

Philly used to love this room, but you have a feeling that the new fluffies will love it just as much. “Welp, here we are! Your new home!” You place the trio of fluffies down. Nebula and Johnny look around, while Magnum simply sat there, sad. “H-hang on guys, I gotta get something. I’ll be right back!”

Dashing into your room, you head over to your workspace. The place where all the magic happens. Where you build things that range from useful to ridiculous. You grab two of the inventions that are actually useful and run back. “Okay, come here Johnny!” Picking up the baby blue unicorn, you strap the set of wheels onto him, allowing him to move with relative ease. “Now you can walk more or less like you used to! The ‘wheelie-fluffy’ as I call it is set to go on the market next month!” You set Johnny down, and he begins walking around. The wheels have rubber treads to grip the ground easier, but he’s moving much better than he could before. “Wee! Tank yu daddeh! Johnny wub be wheewie fwuffy!”

Picking up Magnum, you strap him into a contraption that looks like an RC car, big enough to fit a fully grown fluffy. It has a small litterbox that goes below the butt, a cushioned bed for the fluffy to sit in, a small food bowl and water bottle, and a tube for the fluffy to blow into. “Here you go, little buddy! Just blow into this tube, and you’ll roll along! Just turn your head where you wanna turn! If you wanna move backwards, suck into the tube! It even has a cushion on the front to push things out of the way, so you can even play ball with your friends! Give it a shot.”

You set Magnum and his new ride down on the ground. He puts the breathing tube into his mouth, and he starts moving along the ground! He isn’t especially fast, but as he gets used to it, he’ll have mobility comparable to an adult fluffy. He’s rolling along the floor, turning left and right. He spins around to look at you, and smiles. “Magum can wun an’ pway again! Nu nee’ weggies! Tank yu suuuu much daddeh!” You smile, rubbing the back of your neck. “It’s no problem Magnum, I’m just glad to see you happy. Whenever you get real good at piloting it, I’ll let you help me decorate it.”

You look over at Nebula, who looks a little sad. “Nebuwa wan new tingie tu.” she says. You laugh. “Don’t worry Nebula, I’m still working on your present. But let me tell you that you’ll love it!” That alone was enough to make her happy. “Otay daddeh, Nebuwa wiww wait, but daddeh nee’ pwomise dat he give Nebuwa pwesent!” You move your finger across your chest in an x shape. “I promise, Nebula.”

“You guy’s are probably hungry. I’m not the best cook, but I do know how to heat up Chef Boyardee.” The fluffies look up at you, confused. You decide to leave it a surprise as to what “Chef Boyardee” is. 2 minutes and one can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti later, and you’re back. The fluffies have smelled it already, and are excited. You pour the spaghetti into 3 bowls of equal size. “Before I give you this, I want to let you know that spaghetti will be given every other day, unless you end up finding a food you like more in which case I’ll happily make it for you.” They look up, drooling and nodding their heads. “Alright guys, dig in!”

The fluffies eat their spaghetti, savoring the sauce and noodles, and thank you graciously between bites. You weren’t expecting to have fluffies again, but you kind of missed having the little friends around. You watch the little guys clean their bowls, satisfied with the meals. “Tank yu fo skettis, daddeh!” they say, talking over eachother. “No problem little buds. You guys must be tired though after such a long day.” The fluffies yawn, nodding their heads. Nebula walks up to the loft area with the beds, and claims one of them. “Nebuwa too tiwed fo tawkies daddeh, wan go sweepies.” She pulls a hugtoy over, and nuzzles into the blankets. You smile, and Johnny and Magnum follow her.

“Wait, hang on Johnny.” you say, picking him up. “You might be able to get comfier without your wheels, eh?” He smiles. “Yes, but pwease put wheewies neawby su Johnny can wook at dem.” You understand why he would want them nearby. Whenever you got a new toy as a kid, you wanted it to be real close by. You place him near the beds, and he picks a spot next to Nebula. You set the wheels down nearby. During all of this, Magnum had made his way there, and was looking around, confused. “Whew Magum sweep?”

“Do you wanna sleep in your car, or do you want me to take you out and put you in one of the beds?” Magnum thinks for a second. “Magum wan sweep in caw, it su comfies.” He nuzzles himself into the cushion. “Well, we should probably make a place to park.” You take one of the blanket piles and move it, leaving a nook for Magnum to park.

“I’m about to head to bed too, but if you guys need anything, just go through this little hole here and you’ll be able to talk to me. It should be big enough for even Magnum to get through with his car, but if it needs to be adjusted I should be able to change it.” The fluffies nod, clearly too tired to talk. “Well, I hope you guys sleep tight, and welcome home. I, uh, I love you.” You say, giving them each a soft pat on the head. “Nebuwa wubs daddeh tu.” She says from her pile of blankets. “Johnny awso wub daddeh.” Johnny says, hugging a small toy bear. “Magum wub yu su muchies daddeh, tank yu fo sabe babbehs.” You smile at them, turn on the nightlight, flick the main light off, and go to your bed. It’s been a long day. But a very good day.

40 Likes

I had a lot of fun writing this one. Abuse is fun to write, but Hugbox is pretty fun.

4 Likes

its a text post, not an image

1 Like

Changed, im running on like 6 hours of sleep and no food. But is the story any good?

1 Like

yos it is

2 Likes

Pretty nice. More settingbuilding than story, but it was good to hear how even the mutilated fluffies can now be happy. The bumper on the car for playing ball was a great touch. :blush:

2 Likes

I had been thinking about the fluffymobile for a while, and yet i still managed to forget to put a brake on it. Next time.

1 Like

Also I really wanted to describe the saferoom because it seems like a fun time.

1 Like

Also pls tell me what you think of parts 5 and 6 whenever you can

Gad dammit. A pillowfoal being happy pissed me off way more than I thought it would. You’re pampering these little shits too much.

Liking your story btw. I’m gonna read so more sections so I can catch up :slight_smile:

1 Like

dont worry psycho dad will just piss you off by being a psycho dad

Fluffy car gets on the market

Fluffy rocket league is a huge hit

Pillowing skyrockets (hehe pun) in order to meet the demand for a seasonal… league.

Fluffy athletes are horribly mistreated

Sir Boxhug: “I have made a mistake”

2 Likes

alternate take: fluffy athletes are horribly mistreated, rocket league game breaks down into a chorus of “wan die”
regulations on fluffy athletes are now in effect, but modifications to the cars are now free game. there were no survivors

2 Likes