Subverted Expectations, Part 8 (By me, jimmyhopkins)

Does something happen in the latter chapters? Because chapter 9 gives no indication that the bad mummah smarty couple in chapter 9 are not real. They’re enfing pretty loudly in the carry case.

1 Like

You ever hear of the trope “unreliable narrator?”

3 Likes

Funnily enough i collect cards

3 Likes

:sweat: Sorry. I should probably just shut my big mouth until I’ve finished the story. That way I’ll stop making an ass of myself

Nah its fine, honestly it makes me happy knowing it elicits an emotion from you

1 Like

What kind? Sports, trading card games, historical events?

Pokemon lol. Im an addict

1 Like

Could be worse. I still have like 6 binders full of Marvel trading cards from the 90’s.

1 Like

Marathoning right now. I like this guy. I’m hoping the other guy gets help.

1 Like

Im glad you like this guy! For some reason ive had a few people say they hate him lmao

1 Like

The only thing contrived about this story is how Sir Boxhug and Mommy Issues act in tandem to keep the narrative going, but stranger things have happened.

As @Virgil once wrote, the only difference between fiction and nonfiction is that fiction has to make sense.

I don’t know the context of what the others have mentioned earlier in the thread, but there is a sense that the abuser is inherently wrong in this setting since these fluffies more or less act as they were intended to be in the meta sense. Which is fine; I don’t know what it’s building towards, but I’m willing to see.

1 Like

Honestly the only problem with this guy is the fact that he feels a need to be above them, like he wants to feel above everyone else, and wants to feel justified in his torture of childrens toys. There are abusers in this world, but they just do it for fun or stress relief. I just hate the self righteous abusers that seem to show up in stories. Also a bit of a critique of treating underlying psychological issues with stress relief and nothing else

1 Like

Dude clearly needs to get laid and booze up

1 Like

Hes a redditor, hes not allowed to get laid

1 Like

Right

1 Like