Swiftbitches experience catching cats

I caught some feral kittens today and one tried to bite my finger off

33 Likes

aww cute here a dora the explore band aid

6 Likes

Been there
It’s cute when the settle down and realize you mean them no harm.

8 Likes

Thank you lol

6 Likes

Yeah they’re cute little ginger bastards and my mom wants to name them itsy, bitsy, and spider

8 Likes

your welcome

3 Likes

Adorable :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t know how I’ll put it on cause the cat chewed on the tip of my finger but maybe I’ll just stick it on the cat instead

2 Likes

okay

2 Likes
3 Likes

Kittens need lots of nourishment to become big, healthy, and ferocious. Your sacrifice was admirable.

3 Likes

My own mistermonster Woody tried to scratch me when I was petting him.
:triumph:

3 Likes

When Woody arrived I was thinking of getting one of his siblings and naming it Wouldn’ty.

If I ever get a pair of cats I’ll name them Willy and Wonty.

3 Likes

Aw that’s absolutely fucking adorable!

1 Like

Too bad I had to sacrifice my middle finger :pensive:

1 Like

Its amazing how many souls they need to consume in the first hour. And the constant human suffering after that. Thankfully, cats have learned to sustainably harvest human misery.

3 Likes

_:blush:

1 Like

The sad truth is, most feral kittens just won’t make it. If I remember correctly, their mortality rate is something like 75%. It’s because none of them are fixed that they’re still around.

Look at Chris-Chan: has a colony of feral cats living in the back yard, just thought “FREE KITTIES!” Kept snatching any of the kittens who made the mistake of getting too close, and wondered why they kept dying.

I love cats, I really do, but you gotta be realistic. You can’t adopt every feral kitten you find. Most of 'em won’t make it to adulthood no matter what you do, because they started with a bad hand. A lot of them are infected with some kind of disease, too, so if you have other pets, you’re endangering them too. I’ve heard some stories that would break your heart.

This is why, when you want a pet, you don’t just grab a feral off the streets.

Though I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Chris-Chan has been banned from every pet store and animal shelter in the area.

2 Likes

Well these kittens aren’t too young so they have a pretty good chance of survival. I know about the survival rate because the all the stray mom’s will start out with 5 or 6 kittens and only have 1 or 2 survive. We’re hoping to get quite a few cats spayed and neutered in the next few months so the cat population goes down.

2 Likes

You’ve got to keep some around, they’ll keep others from moving in. Territorial stuff.